BFTG Bees

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG Bees

by CountryRoyal » 17 Sep 2017 08:23

Sutekh Barrow picked up an injury in the Bristol game, which is why he wasn't involved yesterday, so that's a worry - and I'd rather have Popa playing than Aluko.

I'd rather have Aluko down the middle and Popa on the left tbh.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Sep 2017 08:31

Some guy on the train told me Barrow came on as a sub, I thought I was going crazy. , he wasn`t even on the bench, I knew that,

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Sep 2017 08:39

Are people being reactionary or were we really that bad? National reports etc sound like we did ok second half at least. Sky highlights though brief don't exactly show Brentford peppering our goal

On paper looks like a handy point

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 17 Sep 2017 08:58

Hound Are people being reactionary or were we really that bad? National reports etc sound like we did ok second half at least. Sky highlights though brief don't exactly show Brentford peppering our goal

On paper looks like a handy point

I think some are being OTT. Brentford honestly just performed well. They're a good side and they played with tons of intensity and speed. They seemed to be a step ahead of Reading all the time.

The first half wasn't great and we didn't create much and the little we did, we didn't capitilise on.

2nd half was better. I think we could have played for hours and not scored from open play. Again that's partially just because Brentford were well organised and defended well.

I really don't like seeing Blackett in the team. People highly critical of McCleary too.

1 point is a good result considering the performance.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 17 Sep 2017 09:15

Sutekh On to Swansea "reserves" on Tuesday then - and if Reading's "reserve" team perform well there are going to be some headaches for Stam over team selection before Hull on Saturday.

I admire your optimism Sutekh but I'm pretty sure it will make no difference at all and Stam will field a combination of the same players already used. And the same tactics :|

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Sep 2017 09:21

Do we really have to have the same moans about needing a striker after every single game for the next three and a half months?

It was tedious as oxf*rd a week after the deadline, let alone getting repeated ad nauseum. We can't do anything about it now. There's nothing to say that hasn't been said already a dozen times.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 17 Sep 2017 09:23

Muskrat
Sutekh On to Swansea "reserves" on Tuesday then - and if Reading's "reserve" team perform well there are going to be some headaches for Stam over team selection before Hull on Saturday.

I admire your optimism Sutekh but I'm pretty sure it will make no difference at all and Stam will[i]field a combination of the same players already used. [i]And the same tactics :|

Apparently he has already used 29 players this season. So it is highly likely that he will field a combination of the players already used - that seems to account for almost everyone in the squad!

G, little the legend

by G, little the legend » 17 Sep 2017 09:29

Morning all new to this , might stir up a hornets nest but I'm not sure stam is the man for us he doesn't have any plan b when we are struggling and we seem a shell of the team we were last year heart seems to be missing and spending money doesn't cure that we all know we need a goal scorer but we didn't get one ,worried for us this season

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 17 Sep 2017 09:30

It's not difficult to understand that our attack is needing a bit of time to gel together. It'll come good.

If we beat Hull (I think we will) optimism will soon return.

One note on Blackett; I thought he had done quite well in recent games. Was he really as bad yesterday as some people are making out?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Sep 2017 09:41

windermereROYAL Brentford manager Dean Smith:
"All we are asking for is consistency."

When did Kes become Brentford manager?

mumbo-jumbo

by mumbo-jumbo » 17 Sep 2017 10:00

For those who were there, could Sam Smith have made a difference? He's not a player I've actually seen play at all, but he seems to be on form and we all know for strikers it's all about confidence. I don't understand why he isn't at least making the bench, to come on if we're chasing a game. I believe younger players can thrive when given the opportunity to be a hero.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 17 Sep 2017 10:00

Saw the highlights. We looked poor although we could have snatched all 3 had Aluko's effort gone in.

Regarding the train incident which I have just seen and appears to have been uploaded everywhere (on YouTube https://youtu.be/4kmkvsFQ2W0 mentioning the bucket in London on Friday) - it could have been any time, any match. But regardless it is irresponsible, but no thanks to the idiot who originally uploaded it. Just report it to the Police and be done with it. I'm thinking this was not yesterday

Flares aren't even allowed in the stadiums so why take them anyway

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Sep 2017 10:06

mumbo-jumbo For those who were there, could Sam Smith have made a difference? He's not a player I've actually seen play at all, but he seems to be on form and we all know for strikers it's all about confidence. I don't understand why he isn't at least making the bench, to come on if we're chasing a game. I believe younger players can thrive when given the opportunity to be a hero.

I think he would have been too lightweight yesterday if I`m honest, we were bullied all over the pitch.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Sep 2017 10:08

Reading4eva Saw the highlights. We looked poor although we could have snatched all 3 had Aluko's effort gone in.

Regarding the train incident which I have just seen and appears to have been uploaded everywhere (on YouTube https://youtu.be/4kmkvsFQ2W0 mentioning the bucket in London on Friday) - it could have been any time, any match. But regardless it is irresponsible, but no thanks to the idiot who originally uploaded it. Just report it to the Police and be done with it. I'm thinking this was not yesterday

Flares aren't even allowed in the stadiums so why take them anyway

it was yesterday, one of the lads was stood right behind me. brown top,

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Sep 2017 10:10

Reading4eva no thanks to the idiot who originally uploaded it. Just report it to the Police and be done with it. I'm thinking this was not yesterday

:|

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 17 Sep 2017 10:13

windermereROYAL
mumbo-jumbo For those who were there, could Sam Smith have made a difference? He's not a player I've actually seen play at all, but he seems to be on form and we all know for strikers it's all about confidence. I don't understand why he isn't at least making the bench, to come on if we're chasing a game. I believe younger players can thrive when given the opportunity to be a hero.

I think he would have been too lightweight yesterday if I`m honest, we were bullied all over the pitch.

That seems to be the issue. We are 'slow out of the blocks' and no striker woukd have changed that, would they?

The team as a whole need to start stronger and be more aggressive so we can create some chances and goals in the first half. I'm sure Stam will be looking to address this.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Sep 2017 10:17

royalp-we
leon
royalp-we
I listened on the radio with my 1yr old. Although, I think you need a nap.

Worst BFTG thread ever :lol:

Yeah whatever. Not sure what you're trying to achieve but you're coming on like a twat.

No offence taken. Just put up some player ratings m8.

Didn't go m9

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Sep 2017 10:18

I seem to remember having a "first half goal" problem in 2011/12 - don't think we scored one until our 8th game.

So, if we score in the first half against Hull - we're gonna win the league, you heard it here first

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 17 Sep 2017 10:22

I mean can we even be sure it's Reading fans?

They looked like QPR fans to me certainly.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Sep 2017 10:41

royalp-we It's not difficult to understand that our attack is needing a bit of time to gel together. It'll come good.

If we beat Hull (I think we will) optimism will soon return.

One note on Blackett; I thought he had done quite well in recent games. Was he really as bad yesterday as some people are making out?

I`ve not seen anything on here being critical of Blackett, maybe on twitter. for me he didn`t do too much wrong. certainly no worse than the other 10 in the first half, earned the pen too, he did ok.