Shocking and disgusting behaviour

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Shocking and disgusting behaviour

by windermereROYAL » 18 Sep 2017 19:29

A few lads making noise on the platform on my way up. train had 8 carriages , I made a point on being on a different one to them.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 18 Sep 2017 19:37

Even if they find the person responsible for discharging the smoke bomb all he/she has to say is that it went off by mistake. Little tip there.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 Sep 2017 19:47

Norfolk Royal Even if they find the person responsible for discharging the smoke bomb all he/she has to say is that it went off by mistake. Little tip there.

Are accidents no longer punishable by law?

Might as well just get rid of vehicular manslaughter or death by dangerous driving... clearly if you didn't mean to do it that makes everything ok. :roll:

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 18 Sep 2017 20:13

Jagermesiter1871 I mean blue smoke and chanting football fans is a pretty good give away it wasn't anything particularly sinister.
I would be very surprised if any passengers on the train thought their life was in danger.

24 hours after the Parsons Green incident , that was a train carriage filled with smoke.....how on earth do you think any innocent passengers would feel , even though it was our so called football fans.

They're p*ssed up and thinks it's great acting like that , they should be punished, not a life ban but a season ban, considering the current climate of fear over terrorism.

And they will be caught wait and see.
Last edited by Gunny Fishcake on 18 Sep 2017 20:19, edited 1 time in total.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 18 Sep 2017 20:16

CountryRoyal
Norfolk Royal Even if they find the person responsible for discharging the smoke bomb all he/she has to say is that it went off by mistake. Little tip there.

Might as well just get rid of vehicular manslaughter or death by dangerous driving... clearly if you didn't mean to do it that makes everything ok. :roll:

As there were no deaths involved here your argument is classic strawman. Perhaps you could explain what charges would result in my scenario from the accidental discharge of a smoke bomb. That would be a bit more accurate than your ludicrous conflation. Neither did I say that no charges would result, merely that a deliberate act would be difficult to prove were the suspect to say it were accidental.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 18 Sep 2017 20:21

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871 I mean blue smoke and chanting football fans is a pretty good give away it wasn't anything particularly sinister.

Definitely obnoxious and probably very irritating if you were a normal passenger on the train but football fans in general are that. Don't really get why everyone is getting upset over this. I would be very surprised if any passengers on the train thought their life was in danger.

Said by a person who knows about, and understands football and football fans. For those who aren't embedded in the culture, just fans shouting on a train can be intimidating and scary, let alone letting off smoke bombs.

Quite simply, it is incredibly inconsiderate. Regardless of any safety or health related risks, which there clearly are, how about just not being a total dick in the first place?

I said in my post that it was incredibly obnoxious and inconsiderate. Football fans generally are - shouting, chanting, swearing, public drinking etc - if you're not a football fan you're likely to find all of that either irritating or intimidating or somewhere in between but all of it is generally accepted.

I just don't buy that an obvious set of football fans letting of a blue smoke bomb whilst chanting and drinking could be misconstrued by anyone as being a terrorist attack, which is the implication by associating it with the Parsons Green incident. Stupid yes but feels like people are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 18 Sep 2017 20:23

Norfolk Royal
CountryRoyal

from the accidental discharge of a smoke bomb.

Note the word bomb.....may give an indication to the feelings on this matter....and why would anybody want to take one to a game anyhow ....they are clearly banned

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 18 Sep 2017 20:23

Gunny Fishcake
I would be very surprised if any passengers on the train thought their life was in danger.

24 hours after the Parsons Green incident , that was a train carriage filled with smoke.....how on earth do you think any innocent passengers would feel , even though it was our so called football fans.

They're p*ssed up and thinks it's great acting like that , they should be punished, not a life ban but a season ban, considering the current climate of fear over terrorism.

And they will be caught wait and see.

Please see the above post. Undeniably twats but little more than your average tw@ football fan.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 18 Sep 2017 20:24

Gunny Fishcake
Norfolk Royal
CountryRoyal

from the accidental discharge of a smoke bomb.

Note the word bomb.....may give an indication to the feelings on this matter....and why would anybody want to take one to a game anyhow ....they are clearly banned

:lol: :lol:

Bath bomb - fukcing hell can someone report lush for selling bombs please?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 18 Sep 2017 20:37

windermereROYAL
KatieY23
windermereROYAL A few lads making noise on the platform on my way up. train had 8 carriages , I made a point on being on a different one to them.

Noise? On the way to a football match?

I hope you found space in the train for your flask and blanket.

I didn`t say that did I you fecking plum, if I don`t want a hour of Reading chants that my choice, we all have them in our life, look it up before your spiteful comments.

:lol:
You dramalama - spiteful comments? :lol:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Sep 2017 21:03

Jagermesiter1871
windermereROYAL
KatieY23 Noise? On the way to a football match?

I hope you found space in the train for your flask and blanket.

I didn`t say that did I you fecking plum, if I don`t want a hour of Reading chants that my choice, we all have them in our life, look it up before your spiteful comments.

yea had to edit that :oops: :oops: :oops:

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 18 Sep 2017 21:31

windermereROYAL
Jagermesiter1871
windermereROYAL

yea had to edit that :oops: :oops: :oops:

lol

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 18 Sep 2017 22:13

Definitely obnoxious and probably very irritating if you were a normal passenger on the train but football fans in general are that. Don't really get why everyone is getting upset over this. I would be very surprised if any passengers on the train thought their life was in danger.

I'm with you here on this one jagermeister1871, in fact i see it as a little less harmful than even you do. I think there is a problem with modern society, people WANT to be offended, and people WANT to be involved in a drama followed by an nice lengthy analysis.
If you were on that train (and i was but not in that carriage) you would have to be a bit dull to have even remotely associated it with a terror attack.
Yes, it was silly behaviour, but then 'Boys will be Boys'. They'll probably grow up and on reflection feel a bit silly for what they did. Meanwhile, i think some Reading fans really need to get a grip, this was just silly boys being silly.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Sep 2017 22:28

Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal

Said by a person who knows about, and understands football and football fans. For those who aren't embedded in the culture, just fans shouting on a train can be intimidating and scary, let alone letting off smoke bombs.

Quite simply, it is incredibly inconsiderate. Regardless of any safety or health related risks, which there clearly are, how about just not being a total dick in the first place?

I said in my post that it was incredibly obnoxious and inconsiderate. Football fans generally are - shouting, chanting, swearing, public drinking etc - if you're not a football fan you're likely to find all of that either irritating or intimidating or somewhere in between but all of it is generally accepted.

I just don't buy that an obvious set of football fans letting of a blue smoke bomb whilst chanting and drinking could be misconstrued by anyone as being a terrorist attack, which is the implication by associating it with the Parsons Green incident. Stupid yes but feels like people are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

That assumes everyone would definitely know it was them and understand it was a stupid prank, rather than misunderstand and react in panic.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 19 Sep 2017 08:25

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal Said by a person who knows about, and understands football and football fans. For those who aren't embedded in the culture, just fans shouting on a train can be intimidating and scary, let alone letting off smoke bombs.

That assumes everyone would definitely know it was them and understand it was a stupid prank, rather than misunderstand and react in panic.

Imagine the Lols though when the person you describe throws their arms in the air screaming hysterically pulls the emergency cord and throws themself headlong out of a window having broken it with one of those axe things then looks back and realises its only a bit of blue party smoke.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 19 Sep 2017 08:28

the thing that p!sses me off the most is the little gimp who posted it on twitter trying to sell the video for 50£ that's more punishable than what these lads did.

Harmless fun? if you can call it that but its certainly harmless if anything quite stupid. I'd imagine they will face punishment otherwise it'll happen again and again as people will think it can go unpunished. If the carriage was filled with football fans perhaps it would be more forgivable but people calling for life bans need to relax and lighten up a bit.

Personally I think its nice to see the youngsters come to the games enjoying themselves, but all you lot seem to think about is how chavvy they are.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 19 Sep 2017 08:34

If I had a cigarette on a train, I would be treated like the criminal that I am and fined, at the very least. But setting off a smoke bomb is just a bit of fun!!

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 19 Sep 2017 16:16

Theroyalbox the thing that p!sses me off the most is the little gimp who posted it on twitter trying to sell the video for 50£ that's more punishable than what these lads did.

Harmless fun? if you can call it that but its certainly harmless if anything quite stupid. I'd imagine they will face punishment otherwise it'll happen again and again as people will think it can go unpunished. If the carriage was filled with football fans perhaps it would be more forgivable but people calling for life bans need to relax and lighten up a bit.

Personally I think its nice to see the youngsters come to the games enjoying themselves, but all you lot seem to think about is how chavvy they are.

Well that was a Rollercoaster. Are you condemning them or supporting them?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 20 Sep 2017 12:34

Norfolk Royal Perhaps you could explain what charges would result in my scenario from the accidental discharge of a smoke bomb. That would be a bit more accurate than your ludicrous conflation. Neither did I say that no charges would result, merely that a deliberate act would be difficult to prove were the suspect to say it were accidental.

It's illegal to set off a smoke bomb in a public place, usually punished by a £70 on-the-spot fine.

It's also illegal to attempt to take a smoke bomb into a football ground. Saying "it was an accident, I meant to take it to the ground" could be incriminating. This offence is often punished with a prison sentence and banning order.

As always, the sensible legal advice for non-lawyers to give is "contact a lawyer".

boycey

by boycey » 20 Sep 2017 15:02

Let the kids have their fun
short back and sides
wife and two kids

Did anyone actually complain?