MATCHWATCH : Swansea City Reserves (h) still looking for a sponsor

yuomi

Re: MATCHWATCH : Swansea City Reserves (h) still looking for a sponsor

by yuomi » 19 Sep 2017 22:36

Turns out even Swansea have watched more than 10 minutes of a DVD of a Stam team and knew to press high and, once again, our back line were totally flummoxed. Jakkola didn't have a clue what to do as there is clearly no plan B at the back, just like there is no plan A going forward. Listless, dull, unimaginative and utterly unthreatening. We're fooked if this carries on.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 19 Sep 2017 22:36

windermereROYAL The last EFL cup game I go too ever, just like the first 2 rounds dreadfully dull with no atmosphere, awful just awful.
Start the game without striker, created the lump sum of f*ck all.

Cannot say that I disagree. I just had this awful sense of pointlessness all game. I knew we were not going to score and that sooner or later Swansea would pick us off. It is hard to feel motivated to attend games at present.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Sep 2017 23:13

I'm still bemused at how for a team that is entirely based upon a possession ethos, we're not actually very good at keeping it. Don't know when to make the easy pass, not enough movement, poor control, poor composure just generally poor.

We seldom played overly well last season yet kept finding ways of winning games and being efficient. If the former is to continue just without getting the results then I can see a lot of people turning very quickly.

Diablo Diablo

by Diablo Diablo » 19 Sep 2017 23:34

Some very valid points made - and today after the game Stam has sounded like Adkins so we need to be worrying now - lots of positives to take from the game.....

Gee whiz, was he watching the same drivel ? Relegation zone possibly after Saturday and he is taking positives from nothing after so many poor performances.

Personally, I go to football to be entertained and there has been precious little of that for a long time and the sheer lack of any pick up in the crowds over the end of last season when pushing for promotion showed how bad it was.

Stam was a lucky manager last season and that has given him the rope to do what he wants - be interesting to see how long this goes on with patience of the fans and the owners.

And now due to the ridiculous sign every winger/midfielder with a pulse and not bring in ANY strikers (Bodvarsson is not a striker - his record tells you that) leaves a team who cannot score and rarely look like scoring.

Just how could they justify signing Aluko ? He is a good player but offers nothing extra to the team, was not what was required at this time and £7.5m is crazy for yet another winger - should have kept the money in the bank.