Jonathan Lowe - does he go to the games?

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

Jonathan Lowe - does he go to the games?

by paddy20 » 21 Sep 2017 15:38

On the web chat today, when asked, he described the reason for the booing after Swanseas 2nd goal was due to general disappointment and two losses in a row! No mention of the fact that the referee gave them the ball to score!! Not impressed with his reporting, I wonder if he actually goes to the games or has much connection to the club? Ive rarely read anything that he says thats got any inside knowledge to insightful.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Jonathan Lowe - does he go to the games?

by Hound » 21 Sep 2017 15:43

tbf to the guy he has improved immensely this season. Think his general opinion and reporting have been quite good and balanced.

Felt he really struggled last year, but he seems to have got himself a few contacts etc, and we've seen some half decent interviews over the last fortnight.

Still a way to go for him, but I am least reading his stuff again

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Sep 2017 15:57

paddy20 On the web chat today, when asked, he described the reason for the booing after Swanseas 2nd goal was due to general disappointment and two losses in a row! No mention of the fact that the referee gave them the ball to score!! Not impressed with his reporting, I wonder if he actually goes to the games or has much connection to the club? Ive rarely read anything that he says thats got any inside knowledge to insightful.

He always posts from the stadium after the game, so unless he goes afterwards then yes, I'd suggest he goes to games.

HTH.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 21 Sep 2017 19:15

The general standard of match reporting in Get Reading has been trash for years.

I can't get to many home games as live away but when I can go I do wonder if the journos actually go from their post match reports.

There is too much opinion - that stupid "5 things we learned" article, part one "Reading can't score" yeah no sh1t sherlock.

The "exclusives" when the transfer windows open are normally found on here well before they report it.

Baskerville and Kempson's articles are frankly embarassing and are has beens who should be put out to grass.

Close it down - the adverts are really annoying too.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Sep 2017 01:52

I'm always very fair to JL but if he didn't realise the booing after the second goal was aimed at the referee then he really missed the obvious, I didn't go to the game yet it was super obvious that was what the booing was for.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Sep 2017 07:02

Schoolboy error or perhaps just trying to stir up some reaction and generate another "story"?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 22 Sep 2017 07:12

I also would remember that those who criticise him (and they're the minority considering there's 14000+ other fans who go to games) are criticising him as ReadingFC is a huge part of their life.

For many fans they probably just enjoy reading a bit about the club and follow regularly but it's not constantly.

It's the same reason why some "fans" abused JLow for not having up-to-date information and asking what his working hours were and why he wasn't posting at a certain time of day.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 22 Sep 2017 07:48

paddy20 On the web chat today, when asked, he described the reason for the booing after Swanseas 2nd goal was due to general disappointment and two losses in a row! No mention of the fact that the referee gave them the ball to score!! Not impressed with his reporting, I wonder if he actually goes to the games or has much connection to the club? Ive rarely read anything that he says thats got any inside knowledge to insightful.

Agree that the booing was for the ref - but 'gave them the ball' is a bit of an exaggeration ... in reality we just kicked the ball straight at him and he had little chance of moving out of the way. Just look at the replay - it was a poor pass tbf.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Sep 2017 08:21

it was a pretty comical effort to get out of the way though

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Sep 2017 13:11

Not sure if Jonathan Lowe goes.

Jonathan Low does though.

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1