BFTG Millwall

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Millwall

by Hound » 27 Sep 2017 15:14

tbf, sounds like we were quite good against Bristol City, and ok at times against Brentford (with a reasonable result at the end)

Just seems the last 2 games we've been way off the money (but then arguably should have still got 2 points).

Its not panic stations, but Jaap has to take in the reasons why we haven't clicked and fix them, or else people will quite reasonably start to lose faith

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Sep 2017 15:19

LWJ
NewCorkSeth It's not being mentioned for a reason. We didn't deserve a draw based on the performance and it's more the performances than the results that are agitating fans.

You didn't go then I take it. :roll:

Quelle surprise je ne suis pas allé, je réside à Paris..

You can roll your eyes all you want at fans who have to watch live hd video footage of the games instead of being there but try not to suggest someone with rewindable and rewatchable video of our league matches has no idea how the game went.. You might sound stupid..

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 27 Sep 2017 16:01

Hound tbf, sounds like we were quite good against Bristol City, and ok at times against Brentford (with a reasonable result at the end)

Just seems the last 2 games we've been way off the money (but then arguably should have still got 2 points).

Its not panic stations, but Jaap has to take in the reasons why we haven't clicked and fix them, or else people will quite reasonably start to lose faith

I totally agree with this, but in this modern footballing world it seems if the fans kick up enough of a fuss and a manager loses 3 on the trot then his neck is on the line. Madness.

"It's not going to happen"

biff

by biff » 27 Sep 2017 16:07

NewCorkSeth
LWJ
NewCorkSeth It's not being mentioned for a reason. We didn't deserve a draw based on the performance and it's more the performances than the results that are agitating fans.

You can roll your eyes all you want at fans who have to watch live hd video footage of the games instead of being there but try not to suggest someone with rewindable and rewatchable video of our league matches has no idea how the game went.. You might sound stupid..

Don't challenge him, he'll tell you about his flag! :lol:

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 27 Sep 2017 16:50

NewCorkSeth
LWJ

My point being - we deserved a draw. We didn't deserve to lose and that is based on the performance.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 27 Sep 2017 16:52

biff Don't challenge him, he'll tell you about his flag! :lol:

Yawn. Not exactly how it went down was it - It was merely an indication on how you can identify me and chat at a game. It's interesting you are not so forthcoming with information on who you may be but you would post something like that. :|

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 27 Sep 2017 16:56

Bunny1885 I do not believe Reading are in any danger of relegation & will probably finish top half imo. Just going through a play-off hungover at the moment perhaps? We were struggling this time last season with a play-off hangover & recovered to go up.

We are struggling with a bit of injury crisis at the moment, with a few of our most influential players being out which is effecting not only our confidence, but our attacking threat. There were times last night when we did look good IMO - passing around quickly creating space and openings. In particular leading up to our goal.

Unfortunately we weren't like that the whole game, and as soon as we scored we didn't really play like that again.

So far this season we've had glimpses of how we should, and can play. Not often enough though.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 27 Sep 2017 17:14

Forbury Lion
Top Flight
RoyalBlue Are we missing Steven Reid's coaching input?

We may well be.
Possibly also missing our player of the season, Ali Al Habsi and our best (only?) goalscoring striker, Not that I'm knocking our current goalkeeper, but maybe AAH was keeping us in the game when we really didn't deserve to be. In which case we are weaker at the back and up front so less likely to score and more likely to concede, but it's okay as we've got loads of midfielders.

My thoughts as well. Manone is a good keeper but if you add up the great saves from Habsi I wonder how many extra points we would have had he stayed?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Sep 2017 17:43

LWJ
NewCorkSeth
LWJ You didn't go then I take it. :roll:

My point being - we deserved a draw. We didn't deserve to lose and that is based on the performance.

The beauty of opinions eh? I'm happy with my thoughts on the match and remain to be convinced that not getting a penalty we should have been awarded means we deserved a draw.
We managed only 3 shots on target with a 38% shooting accuracy, only made 9 tackles all game and gave the ball away 17 times...
Issues I imagine would be sorted by starting a striker, change the wing backs to full backs and play Kelly, Evans and Swift..

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Sep 2017 18:42

We'd have actually had to score from any penalty, and our record in that regard is hardly stellar. Not a certain goal by any means.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Sep 2017 19:26

We deserved the chance to take a penalty to draw the game

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 27 Sep 2017 21:12

Am I the only one that would just like to see an old fashioned 442 in the next game, I'm sick of all these weird and wonderful tactics. They just are not working. Is mendes still injured?
If mendes is not injured just play mendes and bod up front and play beerens and mccleary as wingers.

Stop trying to over complicate things and give players jobs that they know how to do. Rather than filling in in a position that is not natural. Also play swift or Kelly we need some form of excitement in midfield.

Rant over

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 27 Sep 2017 21:42

linkenholtroyal Am I the only one that would just like to see an old fashioned 442 in the next game, I'm sick of all these weird and wonderful tactics.

442 with pace down the flanks and two strikers playing off each other. This used to be the most common of all positions but is pretty rare these days especially in the top divisions. I guess this formation leaves you a little light in midfield though.

Manonne
Gunter McShane Moore Obita
Popa Kelly Evans Barrow
Aluko Kermorgant

Maybe this when all fit, i like Popa on the wing over McCleary, he has more pace and creativity then GMac at the moment. This certainly wouldn't do no worse the the present formation.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 27 Sep 2017 22:12

Except we don't have two fit strikers?

Am I the only one who blames the board for this run of form? If our only proven striker is out injured surely we're going to stop scoring goals. It would've been the case at any point last season too.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 27 Sep 2017 22:41

blueroyals Except we don't have two fit strikers?

Am I the only one who blames the board for this run of form? If our only proven striker is out injured surely we're going to stop scoring goals. It would've been the case at any point last season too.

The decision by the football club to allows strikers to leave on loan and by transfer and leave us clearly with no backup and gamble that we may find one in the transfer window will probably cost us promotion this season!!!!
I am finding it hard to fathom that with a kitty the size that we had this window that we couldn't find a proven striker? Yes we identified some targets but these were always going to be out of our reach. I kept hearing "We will only sign players that are better than we already have" hello, we have "No" strikers so "Billy from Bracknell" and his pet dog "Bob" would currently improve our strike force at this present time.
I really can't believe there were no strikers available in Europe that we could snag for under 5 mil. This club has done some great things this Summer but this piece of poor judgement will clearly hurt us. :evil:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Sep 2017 22:44

Would prefer a
-------------------Mannone
Gunter---McShane---Moore---Obita
-------------Kelly------------Evans
Barrow-------------Swift------------Aluko
-------------------Kermorgant

If all fit and proper. Leaves us loads of options off the bench and a proper link from back to front.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Sep 2017 00:05

4-4-2 really doesn't suit this squad at all, and playing in two banks of four won't help they players show any movement or drive forward. There's nothing wrong with the shape's we're trying to play, the problem is with the execution of players on the pitch and in the management's ability to convey to them what they need to be doing. There's no reason to think anything would improve by reverting to a method of play that virtually none of the players were bought for and for which we haven't done any training towards in well over a year.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 28 Sep 2017 00:12

Crowbar6753
linkenholtroyal Am I the only one that would just like to see an old fashioned 442 in the next game, I'm sick of all these weird and wonderful tactics.

442 with pace down the flanks and two strikers playing off each other. This used to be the most common of all positions but is pretty rare these days especially in the top divisions. I guess this formation leaves you a little light in midfield though.

Manonne
Gunter McShane Moore Obita
Popa Kelly Evans Barrow
Aluko Kermorgant

Maybe this when all fit, i like Popa on the wing over McCleary, he has more pace and creativity then GMac at the moment. This certainly wouldn't do no worse the the present formation.

I think Beerens is a good old fashioned winger. He does get past people and delivers quality crosses. Play him as a left winger with Barrow and Kermie up top. Or Bod and Kermie or Bod and Barrow until Kermie is fit. I don't know how far away Barrow is from full fitness at the moment though.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 28 Sep 2017 05:17

tilehurstender Stil, over 60% possesion. Isnt that what really counts?

Should just about win us the league

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Sep 2017 07:24

NewCorkSeth Would prefer a
-------------------Mannone
Gunter---McShane---Moore---Obita
-------------Kelly------------Evans
Barrow-------------Swift------------Aluko
-------------------Kermorgant

If all fit and proper. Leaves us loads of options off the bench and a proper link from back to front.

This, but with Bacuna for Evans