MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (h) sponsored by going for the "lack of 1st half goals" record

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (h) sponsored by going for the "lack of 1st half goals" record

by Hound » 30 Sep 2017 19:01

Oilroyal
Hound Well this 2nd half has been absolutely abysmal

Unlike you Hound. You normally put a positive spin on everything JaapRoyal

Wouldnt say that to be honest, happy to criticise where due. Did a great job last year, no caveats, but this year he has done a very poor job so far

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (h) sponsored by going for the "lack of 1st half goals" record

by Longhorn1970 » 30 Sep 2017 19:02

Hound As bad a performance as I have seen that. Complete number done on us by a very limited side again

No one bar Liam Moore was above a 5/10. Bacuna at a push

Dreadful display. Stam has big problems tbh. Last season he made average players look good, this year good players are
Looking poor

Huge international break now - if we come out of it looking as clueless, passionless, devoid of inspiration or fight, he is a goner much as it pains me to say

i sense a board meeting this week ..

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Sep 2017 19:02

Hound As bad a performance as I have seen that. Complete number done on us by a very limited side again

No one bar Liam Moore was above a 5/10. Bacuna at a push

Dreadful display. Stam has big problems tbh. Last season he made average players look good, this year good players are
Looking poor

Huge international break now - if we come out of it looking as clueless, passionless, devoid of inspiration or fight, he is a goner much as it pains me to say

I agree with Goodman - JVDB had a pretty good game and Dadi did OK when he was brought on far too late in the game. What the hell was the point of bringing Barrow on and then not looking to use him?!

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 30 Sep 2017 19:06

On a positive note there are some good managers out of work ...

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 30 Sep 2017 19:06

Hound
Oilroyal
Hound Well this 2nd half has been absolutely abysmal

Unlike you Hound. You normally put a positive spin on everything JaapRoyal

Wouldnt say that to be honest, happy to criticise where due. Did a great job last year, no caveats, but this year he has done a very poor job so far

Shit preseason, been shit since the QPR game. Good to see people waking up

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 30 Sep 2017 19:12

Beerens was absolutely dire. Didn't see the point of the Blackett substitution. Thought he did ok for most of the game. Usual couple of sloppy moments but at least he looked like he cared.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Sep 2017 19:13

I think maybe the scariest thing today is we didn't play the passing possession game. Lots of long balls, no triangles etc in midfield at all

Looks like the team have lost trust and confidence in what they are doing.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Sep 2017 19:16

3points Beerens was absolutely dire. Didn't see the point of the Blackett substitution. Thought he did ok for most of the game. Usual couple of sloppy moments but at least he looked like he cared.

It worked against Hull when he was replaced by Obita. But Obita is a highly capable and experienced wing back, not a very nervous looking kid being asked to retrieve a game at a goal down

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 30 Sep 2017 19:19

Hound
3points Beerens was absolutely dire. Didn't see the point of the Blackett substitution. Thought he did ok for most of the game. Usual couple of sloppy moments but at least he looked like he cared.

It worked against Hull when he was replaced by Obita. But Obita is a highly capable and experienced wing back, not a very nervous looking kid being asked to retrieve a game at a goal down

Agreed. Just a waste of a sub. Take Blackett off and put Barrow on as a wing back perhaps and have a proper attacking option. Would be tempted to put Quinn on the bench as left back cover. Stam must really hate him though.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Sep 2017 19:25

Longhorn1970 On a positive note there are some good managers out of work ...

If you say arry...

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 30 Sep 2017 19:26

I'm wet and on the Mereoak p and r bus and I'm f#cking fuming. Gutless, clueless shite...When someone on here suggested Warnock after we fired Clarke I scoffed at the suggestion. I apologise to that poster now.

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 30 Sep 2017 19:28

3points Would be tempted to put Quinn on the bench as left back cover. Stam must really hate him though.

I really rate Quinn. I know it's been a while since he's played, but surely he can't be any worse than Beerens or Blackett? I'm beginning to get really oxf*rd off with Stam, his stubborness and refusal to change a clearly shite system is bordering on mental illness. The players are looking less than impressed as well. He needs to shape up and find a winning formula pretty bloody quickly or he's out.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 30 Sep 2017 19:32

Sounded devoid of ideas on the radio so not expecting any change in his approach any time soon

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Sep 2017 19:38

Basically think he has one choice. Get back to the bulk of the players and system that worked last season. Completely back to basics.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 30 Sep 2017 19:50

Why didn't he bring on swift?

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 30 Sep 2017 20:51

paddy20 Why didn't he bring on swift?

Swift not being on the bench may have influenced him.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 30 Sep 2017 21:06

I actually thought this was a much better performance than Hull and Bristol. There was a lot less sideways and back passing than in those games. Don't remember the crowd booing apart from at the end, and to be honest I thought that was probably at the ref who had a bit of a shocker (very inconsistent).

I don't like the rotating front 3 thing - its just not working, leave GMac on the right! Beerens was poor today. Maybe the plan is to have 3 of G Mac, Aluko, Barrow, and Bodvarson, but Bod isn't necessarily fit enough for 90 mins? Be interesting to see how things will change when Kermie and Mendes are back.

Lets not forget Norwich are a half decent team.

Diablo Diablo

by Diablo Diablo » 30 Sep 2017 21:17

Home game 1 shot on target - says it all - hardly an improvement.

The 3 up front were no better, our goal came from a set piece.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 30 Sep 2017 21:56

ladida_gunner_graham
paddy20 Why didn't he bring on swift?

Swift not being on the bench may have influenced him.

OOPS is he still injured??

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Sep 2017 21:57

I didn't watch tonight so don't have a leg to stand on. I wanted to (don't know why) but then decided oxf*rd it I'll have more fun out (12.30am
Kick off my time). Don't really regret it.

Will say this though. 1 shot on target at home? Not good enough. End of.