Back from booing at my tv screen

Henley Royal 1

Re: Back from booing at my tv screen

by Henley Royal 1 » 01 Oct 2017 18:56

Manonne 5 Gunter4 Blackett1 Mcshane4 Moore7 VanDEnBerg6 Kelly4 Bacuna6 our three forwards 5 between them . Please Jaap we can not play this system our full backs are a waste of time, we have five at the back with a holding midfielder and three forwards who cant score same as last Sat and last Tues what do Bod and Evans have to do to get into this team. I felt sorry for Jaap he had to take Blackett off who had a stinker left only two subs not nearly enough the sooner the league changes the rule the better .

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Oct 2017 19:25

Hound I think Yann's all round play has been massively missed, not just the obvious goals he scored. He really was excellent for us last year

I think we will see him back pretty soon. bloody hell we miss him.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 01 Oct 2017 19:44

Right, have spent the last 24 hrs trying to compose myself after watching that shocking excuse for a football match, my considered views on yesterday are as follows.

Starting with Beerens at centre forward, McCleary left wing and Aluko right wing just set me off before the warm up had even ended.

Stam is utterly clueless and as the game unfolded I was reminded of Brenda Bodgers brief reign.
The players have NO IDEA what they should be doing. The number of times a RFC player had the ball in his own half, stationary, just waiting for some movement. It usually resulted in outstretched arms or a shrug of the shoulders, then a pass sideways or backwards. When a RFC did receive a pass, he was often surrounded by 2, 3, 4 or even 5 NCFC players, with the nearest supporting RFC player a good 10-15 yds away!!

1 shot on target from a strikerless formation - again - just sums up the ridiculousness of Stam's so called "system". He has fallen into the same trap as Brenda Bodgers. He sticks to his own philosophy, regardless of results, regardless of the players at his disposal. A good manager will alter his tactics and systems to suit the abilities of the players in his squad. Bodgers and Stam think they know it all - and they clearly don't. They are both far too arrogant to have a plan B or C , (not that I consider the current 4-6-0 "system" any plan whatsover).

Bodgers perhaps was a little hard done by in that he was only given half a season and nowhere near the funds Stam has had. But Stam has had a season and a half, not to mention bringing in a whole squad of players that, presumably, he chose. So he can have no excuses for this travesty of a team. He should have signed players that he believed would slot into his system with little trouble, not sign players who he HOPES he can convert to his philosophy.

Compare and contrast Bodgers and Stam's behaviour with Pardew and Coppell. Whilst they generally stuck with 4-4-2, they DID identify when things weren't working with the squad they had, and had no problem changing to 3-5-2, 4-5-1 or whatever. Dare I say it, but we have a very talented squad of players on paper, and I honestly feel either Pardew or Sir Steve would get far more out of them than Stam ever could.

I could rant and rave, "f and blind", (as i usually do), but frankly there is no point. Until Stam goes we are stuck with a ridiculous system that Stam doesn't have the humility to admit is a failure in this division. He is arrogant, blinkered and clearly accepts no criticism of any kind. His days ARE numbered. I just hope things don't get any worse before sense is seen and things get better. The Chinese surely cannot accept this situation for much longer, having ploughed huge, (for RFC), sums into the transfer kitty. I just hope they are not blinded by his good playing career and have the courage to act in the best interest of RFC and of course their investment.

My son was at the game in his capacity as LUFC's opposition analyst. He is a "dyed in the wool" RFC fan, but he was licking his lips at how easy it is to break this RFC team down. Whilst LUFC got tonked at SWFC this afternoon, I fear we will be on the end of something similar at Elland Road in 2w time. May be Stam will be gone by then - hope springs eternal!!

Oh, and please don't throw last season's 3rd place back at me. We rode our luck countless times last season, and without AAH we would have been mid-table at best. Scoring only 68 league goals, (and conceding 64), whilst finishing 3rd was an alarm bell going off in its own right. We have been found out this season and unless fundamental changes occur soon, we will be in for a right relegation dogfight. Thankfully with Bolton, Birmingham and Burton still below us, (and GDs of -18, -12 and -17 after only 11 games), hopefully we should escape League 1 - our final game this season is away to Cardiff - wouldn't Colin just LOVE it if he sent us down!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Oct 2017 20:11

windermereROYAL
Hound I think Yann's all round play has been massively missed, not just the obvious goals he scored. He really was excellent for us last year

I think we will see him back pretty soon. bloody hell we miss him.

He's training with a ball - but not any contact or actual games. Then he'll need to get match fitness up. He's weeks away.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Oct 2017 20:24

Guessing prob targeting the Boro game

Obita is another big loss, he was great second half of last year. That injury doesn't sound too good unfortunately

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 01 Oct 2017 20:43

strap Right, have spent the last 24 hrs trying to compose myself after watching that shocking excuse for a football match, my considered views on yesterday are as follows.

Starting with Beerens at centre forward, McCleary left wing and Aluko right wing just set me off before the warm up had even ended.

Stam is utterly clueless and as the game unfolded I was reminded of Brenda Bodgers brief reign.
The players have NO IDEA what they should be doing. The number of times a RFC player had the ball in his own half, stationary, just waiting for some movement. It usually resulted in outstretched arms or a shrug of the shoulders, then a pass sideways or backwards. When a RFC did receive a pass, he was often surrounded by 2, 3, 4 or even 5 NCFC players, with the nearest supporting RFC player a good 10-15 yds away!!

1 shot on target from a strikerless formation - again - just sums up the ridiculousness of Stam's so called "system". He has fallen into the same trap as Brenda Bodgers. He sticks to his own philosophy, regardless of results, regardless of the players at his disposal. A good manager will alter his tactics and systems to suit the abilities of the players in his squad. Bodgers and Stam think they know it all - and they clearly don't. They are both far too arrogant to have a plan B or C , (not that I consider the current 4-6-0 "system" any plan whatsover).

Bodgers perhaps was a little hard done by in that he was only given half a season and nowhere near the funds Stam has had. But Stam has had a season and a half, not to mention bringing in a whole squad of players that, presumably, he chose. So he can have no excuses for this travesty of a team. He should have signed players that he believed would slot into his system with little trouble, not sign players who he HOPES he can convert to his philosophy.

Compare and contrast Bodgers and Stam's behaviour with Pardew and Coppell. Whilst they generally stuck with 4-4-2, they DID identify when things weren't working with the squad they had, and had no problem changing to 3-5-2, 4-5-1 or whatever. Dare I say it, but we have a very talented squad of players on paper, and I honestly feel either Pardew or Sir Steve would get far more out of them than Stam ever could.

I could rant and rave, "f and blind", (as i usually do), but frankly there is no point. Until Stam goes we are stuck with a ridiculous system that Stam doesn't have the humility to admit is a failure in this division. He is arrogant, blinkered and clearly accepts no criticism of any kind. His days ARE numbered. I just hope things don't get any worse before sense is seen and things get better. The Chinese surely cannot accept this situation for much longer, having ploughed huge, (for RFC), sums into the transfer kitty. I just hope they are not blinded by his good playing career and have the courage to act in the best interest of RFC and of course their investment.

My son was at the game in his capacity as LUFC's opposition analyst. He is a "dyed in the wool" RFC fan, but he was licking his lips at how easy it is to break this RFC team down. Whilst LUFC got tonked at SWFC this afternoon, I fear we will be on the end of something similar at Elland Road in 2w time. May be Stam will be gone by then - hope springs eternal!!

Oh, and please don't throw last season's 3rd place back at me. We rode our luck countless times last season, and without AAH we would have been mid-table at best. Scoring only 68 league goals, (and conceding 64), whilst finishing 3rd was an alarm bell going off in its own right. We have been found out this season and unless fundamental changes occur soon, we will be in for a right relegation dogfight. Thankfully with Bolton, Birmingham and Burton still below us, (and GDs of -18, -12 and -17 after only 11 games), hopefully we should escape League 1 - our final game this season is away to Cardiff - wouldn't Colin just LOVE it if he sent us down!

So ‘Bodgers’ is a bad manager? We were right to sack him?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Oct 2017 21:22

PistolPete
strap Right, have spent the last 24 hrs trying to compose myself after watching that shocking excuse for a football match, my considered views on yesterday are as follows.

So ‘Bodgers’ is a bad manager? We were right to sack him?

Those two questions aren't necessarily linked. He might be a good manager but he was taking us down.

He landed on his feet at Swansea with a team that was pre built for the type of football he wantd to play. Again at Liverpool he inherited Suarez - one of the best strikers in the world. Now managing Celtic in a league where they dominate because they have all the money.

Blakey's Chin

by Blakey's Chin » 02 Oct 2017 09:16

Didn’t make Saturday so watched on the tele. As much as I hate Don Goodman and he anti-Reading commentary, he echoed some points already made, adding to my frustration. He pointed out that Aluko was one of our best crossers of the ball on the pitch (see Moore’s goal) and he was replaced by JDB, and once this happened, we stopped crossing, despite the presence of a big centre forward, and crosses to absolutely no one in the first half.

Not going to lie, I’m losing the will to live watching us play. I’m not in the Stam out brigade, but I’m not understanding how he can constantly persist with something that’s not working. Isn’t that 3 games in a row now we’ve not started with a striker? 3 Goals is fair enough in those 3, but 1 was by JDB, and two were from Set pieces where we relied on the opposition switching off.

I just want to see him change it up, go for it in games, and admit his style isn’t working currently

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Oct 2017 10:35

Blakey's Chin Didn’t make Saturday so watched on the tele. As much as I hate Don Goodman and he anti-Reading commentary, he echoed some points already made, adding to my frustration. He pointed out that Aluko was one of our best crossers of the ball on the pitch (see Moore’s goal) and he was replaced by JDB, and once this happened, we stopped crossing, despite the presence of a big centre forward, and crosses to absolutely no one in the first half.

Not going to lie, I’m losing the will to live watching us play. I’m not in the Stam out brigade, but I’m not understanding how he can constantly persist with something that’s not working. Isn’t that 3 games in a row now we’ve not started with a striker? 3 Goals is fair enough in those 3, but 1 was by JDB, and two were from Set pieces where we relied on the opposition switching off.

I just want to see him change it up, go for it in games, and admit his style isn’t working currently

Nothing's working as a team at the moment. The defence is failing to learn from mistakes and consistently giving away ****** silly goals which therefore highlights the pathetic shortcomings up front even more. And by now they'll have frustrated players suffering from a loss of confidence in themselves, and possibly the management as well, which means BIG trouble if something doesn't happen very quickly.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 02 Oct 2017 12:46

When a team looks like it will never score and is conceding goals, despite not letting the opposition have too many chances it is a recipe for relegation. Its feels as though Stam is trapped by his own system. He will know that it isnt working but unable to break out of it

Up front, I simply fail to understand what our intended way of scoring is. Leaving aside the 'merits' of playing no strikers you surely need a system which seems fast zippy interplay between the front 3 with incisive passing between opposition defenders so we can nip through and score. Not only do our forward players look uncomfortable in front of goal there also aren't getting any of those defence splitting passes - they simply aren't happening. We don't seem to have midfielders followings up either. Nor do we have anyone in the box when one of our multitude of wingers gets a cross in.

Recently we have scored a penalty, a header direct from a corner, a header direct from a free kcik and one goal (Bodvarrson against Hull). So we are still relying on opportunities from set plays and yet we are set up in a way which doesn't allow for those opportunities to come about. Those wingers who I felt posed a scoring threat in pre season (Popa) don't get a look in either.

In defence - we have the same defence yet seem to leak a goal at every opportunity. Why? I think its simple. Mannone isnt up to it. I never see him pull out a 'get out of jail' save. Al-Habsi did plenty of those last years (which shows we were taking risks at the back) and that was demonstrated in winning player of year again. The difference now is we don't have a keeper who can pull off the worldy save.

I rate Stam, I like how we played football overall last season (to me winning is never boring!) but unless he can make some radical changes I cant see how things are going to change. By being snookered by his own system, you start to wonder if the only way to break the mentality will be to bring someone else in - because at the moment a combination of stubbornness and lack of Plan B means I think our position is perfectly justified. and lets be clear - in the event of a relegation scrap it wont be this type of football that gets us out of it.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Oct 2017 12:58

Just finished watching 2 hours 50 minutes of our 106 season on youtube.
God it`s a million miles from this team, made me feel very sad watching it.