Gunny Fishcake Still couldn't cross a ball if his life depended on it

no. But at least he was there to try, unlike he has been for us recently

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Gunter

by Maneki Neko » 10 Oct 2017 15:24

Ascotexgunner
Woodcote Royal
Chuckle Brother He has 81 International caps for Wales (who are a far better team than England)

A serious contender for the biggest load of sh*te I've read this season.

Wales is essentially Bale +10, but even with that one world class player, man for man, they should be a long way short of any side England are capable of fielding. Hodgson's managerial shortcomings do not make Gunter comparable to Danny Rose and Kyle Walker or even remotely in the same ball park :P .

Utter b*ll*cks, Ramsay, Williams, Lesley, Allen are quality team players, we beat the worlds number one team in the Euros 3-1 on their own patch (when did England last achieve that in a major tournament), this team were bought up together. What separates Gunter from big game chokers like Walker and Rose in major tournaments is that he works with the team and does what he's asked, he doesn't go bombing forward like a headless chicken. I've been one Gunters biggest critics but he's been decent for me. I've seen him deliver better crosses than those above and wish he would go forward more, I can't help but feel the manager is suffocating that talent he has.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Oct 2017 15:52

Wales, so good they can't even beat England.

That said though would have liked them to qualify but sadly they bottled it.

When's the draw for the play offs? NI v ROI anyone?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 10 Oct 2017 16:01

Sutekh Wales, so good they can't even beat England.

It really is not as simple as that is it. If it were then Burnley are a better team than Man United and Chelsea.

Any games England have won has been by the absolute skin of their teeth, flukey in fact.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Oct 2017 16:48

They've been uninspiring and ground out, but the majority of England's wins have been verging on inevitable. Nothing flukey about them.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Oct 2017 17:31

Snowflake Royal They've been uninspiring and ground out, but the majority of England's wins have been verging on inevitable. Nothing flukey about them.

Basically us of last season

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 10 Oct 2017 18:21

Ascotexgunner
Woodcote Royal
Chuckle Brother He has 81 International caps for Wales (who are a far better team than England)

A serious contender for the biggest load of sh*te I've read this season.

Wales is essentially Bale +10, but even with that one world class player, man for man, they should be a long way short of any side England are capable of fielding. Hodgson's managerial shortcomings do not make Gunter comparable to Danny Rose and Kyle Walker or even remotely in the same ball park :P .

Utter b*ll*cks, Ramsay, Williams, Lesley, Allen are quality team players, we beat the worlds number one team in the Euros 3-1 on their own patch (when did England last achieve that in a major tournament), this team were bought up together. What separates Gunter from big game chokers like Walker and Rose in major tournaments is that he works with the team and does what he's asked, he doesn't go bombing forward like a headless chicken. I've been one Gunters biggest critics but he's been decent for me. I've seen him deliver better crosses than those above and wish he would go forward more, I can't help but feel the manager is suffocating that talent he has.

Am I missing something - who is the worlds number 1 team that Wales beat 3-1 on their own patch?

You beat Germany at the euros? :?: or was someone else world number 1 then??

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 10 Oct 2017 18:24

Well he has just won his 82nd Welsh cap, the last 63 of which have been consecutive Welsh games - can;t think off the top of my head any other international player with that longevity - except perhaps Messi??

Oh, and capped 46 times whilst at RFC, a record by some distance.

Yes, he can't cross a ball, often loses out in 1v1's defensively, but he must be doing something right for successive RFC and international managers to keep picking him.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Oct 2017 19:17

strap Well he has just won his 82nd Welsh cap, the last 63 of which have been consecutive Welsh games - can;t think off the top of my head any other international player with that longevity - except perhaps Messi??

Oh, and capped 46 times whilst at RFC, a record by some distance.

Yes, he can't cross a ball, often loses out in 1v1's defensively, but he must be doing something right for successive RFC and international managers to keep picking him.

Well quite

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 10 Oct 2017 20:43

Hound
Snowflake Royal They've been uninspiring and ground out, but the majority of England's wins have been verging on inevitable. Nothing flukey about them.

Basically us of last season

I thought the same when watching England play Lithuania. Lots of ball but very little penetration or threat in the final third. But ground out a win in a game with a penalty they were expected to win