Thames Valley Whites (Leeds United Supporters Club)

mot

Re: Thames Valley Whites (Leeds United Supporters Club)

by mot » 10 Oct 2017 21:29

Maneki Neko can you drink on the leeds bus?

Are you old enough?

mot

by mot » 10 Oct 2017 21:33

From Despair To Where? It's like any place, it has nice areas and shit areas, however, the attitudes of many of its residents are somewhat "underdeveloped". Certainly, many of the residents of the estate I lived on would be happy living in mud huts and slinging shit at each other as long as they could get their fair share if Stella and beat up the wife without the police getting involved.

It's not the physical place that's a shithole, it's the space between the ears of the people and Leeds is no different. It's not even the whole of Yorkshire, it's just the Leeds/Bradford conurbation really, populated by twats of the highest order.

Third World was probably unfair, I'm sure downtown Khartoum is lovely in comparison.

So you didn't take to the Yorkshire warmth and straight talking. I suppose the council sink estate you live in now is no better. Oh well cant please everyone.

mot

by mot » 10 Oct 2017 21:39

John Smith I lived in Leeds and it's one of the best cities in the UK. York is a great city, Harrogate is a great city. Yorkshire is probably the best county in the UK and I would much prefer to live there than overpriced, overpopulated and overrated London.

Good post, one thing you will find, people from Leeds never slag it off like other do about their home towns/cities. Leeds is a vibrant warm friendly city where the folk say what they like and like what they say. It is the third biggest city in the UK and unique in its districts. Not over priced and definitely value for money. Young people aspire and buy their own homes and can finance a night out in the city during the weekend for, lets say 4k a year less pay. You really think the higher wages down south make up for the cost of living down here. The North actually look down at the costs of the south and have a bloody hippy fit. £4.50 for a pint of piss when you can get a decent pint for £2.30 and 350k for a house when mine is the same house but £120k :D :D

mot

by mot » 10 Oct 2017 21:41

From Despair To Where? Having lived in both Manchester and Liverpool, they shit on Leeds from a great height.

That because we dont like Manchester and they dont like us. So when you going to live in Leeds so you can really qualify that argument??

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Oct 2017 21:43

I must say there's something a bit odd about coming on a team's forum as an opposition supporter and giving it the big one

mot

by mot » 10 Oct 2017 21:50

genome I must say there's something a bit odd about coming on a team's forum as an opposition supporter and giving it the big one

Or would anyone like cheap coach travel to Leeds and back, cant be fairer than that.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Oct 2017 22:00

mot
From Despair To Where? Having lived in both Manchester and Liverpool, they shit on Leeds from a great height.

That because we dont like Manchester and they dont like us. So when you going to live in Leeds so you can really qualify that argument??

I have lived in Leeds, Calverley and Farsley to be precise and two of my kids were born in Leeds. Calverley and Farsley are both reasonably nice places populated by winging, self important twats. My opinion is based on personal experience.

Manchester has a fcuk of a lot more going for it than Leeds and Scousers are a fcuking hell of a lot nicer people to be around than West Yorkshire folk. Yeah, sink estates, I remember them. I left them behind when I moved west of the Pennines.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 10 Oct 2017 22:19, edited 2 times in total.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 10 Oct 2017 22:56

mot
John Smith I lived in Leeds and it's one of the best cities in the UK. York is a great city, Harrogate is a great city. Yorkshire is probably the best county in the UK and I would much prefer to live there than overpriced, overpopulated and overrated London.

Good post, one thing you will find, people from Leeds never slag it off like other do about their home towns/cities. Leeds is a vibrant warm friendly city where the folk say what they like and like what they say. It is the third biggest city in the UK and unique in its districts. Not over priced and definitely value for money. Young people aspire and buy their own homes and can finance a night out in the city during the weekend for, lets say 4k a year less pay. You really think the higher wages down south make up for the cost of living down here. The North actually look down at the costs of the south and have a bloody hippy fit. £4.50 for a pint of piss when you can get a decent pint for £2.30 and 350k for a house when mine is the same house but £120k :D :D

tbh I'm really not interested in Yorkshire's general cost of living.
The cost of watching football is a oxf*rd rip-off.
And for that reason...

mot

by mot » 11 Oct 2017 09:20

P!ssed Off
mot

tbh I'm really not interested in Yorkshire's general cost of living.
The cost of watching football is a oxf*rd rip-off.
And for that reason...

Unfortunately everyone wants to watch Leeds and this match sold out two weeks ago to the home fans. Leeds will never ever be offered the twentysplenty as they sell out all away allocations in under 10mins of them going on sale. No club hosting Leeds wants to lose out on that revenue. Even if you was offered a £20 ticket at Elland Road it is doubtful your sales would increase by a hundred or so.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 11 Oct 2017 09:40

mot Unfortunately everyone wants to watch Leeds and this match sold out two weeks ago to the home fans. Leeds will never ever be offered the twentysplenty as they sell out all away allocations in under 10mins of them going on sale. No club hosting Leeds wants to lose out on that revenue. Even if you was offered a £20 ticket at Elland Road it is doubtful your sales would increase by a hundred or so.

Er, pretty sure thats bullshit. https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2016/july/we-agree-that-twentys-plenty/ Unless we made an exception for Leeds which, frankly, I would have no problem with if they're charging over the odds.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 11 Oct 2017 11:05

mot Even if you was offered a £20 ticket at bEllend Road it is doubtful your sales would increase by a hundred or so.

If you genuinely believe that then you are deluded.

No doubt you will base this on previous years attendances so here you go:
2016/17 2-300: £35 a ticket on a Tuesday night, 2 weeks before Christmas. Again Leeds fans didn't turn out... Attendance 21k (http://www.skysports.com/football/leeds ... ing/358356)
2015/16 4-500: £35 a ticket, we had nothing to play for after a shit season. Leeds fans also didn't turn out in great numbers with the attendance only £20k (http://www.skysports.com/football/leeds ... ing/340031)

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Oct 2017 11:11

mot Even if you was offered a £20 ticket at Elland Road it is doubtful your sales would increase by a hundred or so.

We sold more tickets to the Sheffield United away match next week (£22) on the first day of sales, than we have for the whole time the Leeds match has been on sale.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 11 Oct 2017 11:39

mot So you didn't take to the Yorkshire warmth and straight talking.

As someone that's lived in Leeds for the last 20 years I'd say that Yorkshire warmth isn't always immediately evident to people without a Yorkshire accent. Yes its generally friendlier than riding the tube in rush hour London but its far from being 100% welcoming at times.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 11 Oct 2017 12:30

I hear Northallerton is nice at this time of year.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 12 Oct 2017 11:44

LWJ
mot Even if you was offered a £20 ticket at bEllend Road it is doubtful your sales would increase by a hundred or so.

If you genuinely believe that then you are deluded.

No doubt you will base this on previous years attendances so here you go:
2016/17 2-300: £35 a ticket on a Tuesday night, 2 weeks before Christmas. Again Leeds fans didn't turn out... Attendance 21k (http://www.skysports.com/football/leeds ... ing/358356)
2015/16 4-500: £35 a ticket, we had nothing to play for after a shit season. Leeds fans also didn't turn out in great numbers with the attendance only £20k (http://www.skysports.com/football/leeds ... ing/340031)

Leeds fan in 'Exaggeration shocker'... :lol:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Oct 2017 12:22

Maneki Neko can you drink on the leeds bus?
I think it's a necessity if you're a Reading fan travelling on a bus full of Leeds fans.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 12 Oct 2017 21:09

By the way, Yorkshire is not a county in the same way that Wessex is not a county. Yorkshire it is a collection of 4 counties namely, West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, North Yorkshire and the imaginatively named Humberside.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 12 Oct 2017 21:13

In that case nor is Berkshire

Did you celebrate the millennium in 2001?
Do you reject the Mercator projection?
Do you own a pair of crocs?

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 12 Oct 2017 21:19

Green In that case nor is Berkshire

Did you celebrate the millennium in 2001?
Do you reject the Mercator projection?
Do you own a pair of crocs?

Berkshire is, but was formerly part of Wessex which just like Yorkshire, no longer exists.
And the answer to all of your questions is....I don't know.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Oct 2017 21:38

oldebiscuit

By the way, Yorkshire is not a county in the same way that Wessex is not a county. Yorkshire it is a collection of 4 counties namely, West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, North Yorkshire and the imaginatively named Humberside.

Hate to be pedantic but East Riding hasn't been called Humberside for over 20 years.