Leeds v RFC Back from the Tele

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Leeds v RFC Back from the Tele

by Lower West » 14 Oct 2017 21:17

RichTea94 What formation/s were we playing? Heard some on here rejoicing at a 4-4-2 but I couldn't tell.

From Stam's post match comments that was a deliberate ploy to fill space and counter Leeds style of play. Seems to be developing tactical nouse. Rather than being rigid.

The position in the league determined that there was no room to carry passengers today. Richardson being the obvious ommission from the squad with Kelly on the bench.

Royal Monkey

by Royal Monkey » 14 Oct 2017 21:36

Lower West
RichTea94 What formation/s were we playing? Heard some on here rejoicing at a 4-4-2 but I couldn't tell.

From Stam's post match comments that was a deliberate ploy to fill space and counter Leeds style of play. Seems to be developing tactical nouse. Rather than being rigid.

The position in the league determined that there was no room to carry passengers today. Richardson being the obvious ommission from the squad with Kelly on the bench.

Richardson ?? What Steve Richardson I had no idea he was still playing :shock:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Oct 2017 22:59

I thought we were going to get a seeing to. We got 3 points and we beat dirty Leeds.

I'm happy. No, I'm really fcuking happy.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Oct 2017 11:21

I want to share my experience of yesterday, I am overseas right now, and watched it in a sports bar that I discovered, I took my spot in a small corner in front of a large screen that was showing the game. but as the game got closer more Leeds fans began to come in, not to mention the bar owner wearing a yellow Leeds shirt, I did feel alone in my little corner and dreaded the inevitable Leeds opener with me quivering in my little corner wearing my orange shirt.
However as the first half progressed I grew far more in confidence to start getting excited and start getting loud and giving my opinions and the way we were dominating proceedings, luckily the Leeds lads closest to me quite good humoured ,
Mo Barrow came on and a guy mentioned that had him on loan he was rubbish, but he bet he scores against us, true enough, a few minutes later after one great save by the Leeds keeper he buries a one on one. cue wild celebrations from one man ina small corner of the bar amid almost total silence , was a great feeling.
Injury time arrives, 5 minutes (ouch) Siaz goes down after being blown on, mass celebrations around me, come on Manonne I whisper with clenched fists, my prayers are answered as Hendandez players a gentle back pass into our keepers grateful arms. JUSTICE I yell from my little enclave, for the next two minutes I cheer every clearance before the ref blows the final whistle to total silence except for one little part of the bar.
Such a great feeling, played very well and deserved the win, fair play to the Leeds fans who spoke to me after, the others just drunk up and left in silence.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 15 Oct 2017 12:03

windermereROYAL I want to share my experience of yesterday, I am overseas right now, and watched it in a sports bar that I discovered, I took my spot in a small corner in front of a large screen that was showing the game. but as the game got closer more Leeds fans began to come in, not to mention the bar owner wearing a yellow Leeds shirt, I did feel alone in my little corner and dreaded the inevitable Leeds opener with me quivering in my little corner wearing my orange shirt.
However as the first half progressed I grew far more in confidence to start getting excited and start getting loud and giving my opinions and the way we were dominating proceedings, luckily the Leeds lads closest to me quite good humoured ,
Mo Barrow came on and a guy mentioned that had him on loan he was rubbish, but he bet he scores against us, true enough, a few minutes later after one great save by the Leeds keeper he buries a one on one. cue wild celebrations from one man ina small corner of the bar amid almost total silence , was a great feeling.
Injury time arrives, 5 minutes (ouch) Siaz goes down after being blown on, mass celebrations around me, come on Manonne I whisper with clenched fists, my prayers are answered as Hendandez players a gentle back pass into our keepers grateful arms. JUSTICE I yell from my little enclave, for the next two minutes I cheer every clearance before the ref blows the final whistle to total silence except for one little part of the bar.
Such a great feeling, played very well and deserved the win, fair play to the Leeds fans who spoke to me after, the others just drunk up and left in silence.

Great write up and pleased the boys delivered for you.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 15 Oct 2017 12:05

That was never a penalty.

Ref only gave that to cancel out argument arising from our goal. Weak officiating.

Great win. Hopefully start of something.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Oct 2017 13:43

paultheroyal That was never a penalty.

Ref only gave that to cancel out argument arising from our goal. Weak officiating.

What was the argument around our goal?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Oct 2017 15:12

Pepe the Horseman

They believed there was a foul in the build up. Bloody diddums I say

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Oct 2017 15:47

windermereROYAL
Pepe the Horseman

Bacuna(?) was in a tussle with Hernandez (I think it was those two, can't remember exactly), there was a bit of shirt pulling and shoving on both sides. Hernandez stretched for the ball and fell over. We picked it up, went on to score. Absolutely nothing in it.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 15 Oct 2017 16:31

They are all such smug Ftards. My Leeds supporting mate text me "Great win for you" to which I replied, Not a great win but a win. It was only Leeds.....

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 15 Oct 2017 18:28

percy_freeman Not a great win but a win. It was only Leeds.....

Pretty much the exact words I used. Lovely stuff :D

lightning strikes

by lightning strikes » 15 Oct 2017 21:13

To me we played pretty much the same as we have done for the last six games but this time we took our chance and they didn't. Barrow makes a difference, our best player.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Oct 2017 21:20

Watched most of it back now.

I'm so happy for Mannone. Really has been doing well and just lacked a few standout moments.

Bacuna was great all game. Incredible tackle to save our skins.

Joeys pass for the goal was so perfect. Everything about it was timed to perfection. Hilariously he only got into that position by kicking the ball off a Leeds player while trying to pass to Bodvarson.

Barrow is a ledge.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Oct 2017 09:20

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL
Pepe the Horseman What was the argument around our goal?

Bacuna(?) was in a tussle with Hernandez (I think it was those two, can't remember exactly), there was a bit of shirt pulling and shoving on both sides. Hernandez stretched for the ball and fell over. We picked it up, went on to score. Absolutely nothing in it.

If I was a Leeds fan, I'd be more pissed off that the whole midfield stopped and didn't play to the whistle. Wasn't a foul anyway, they
were both grabbing at each other but Bacuna outmuscled Hernandez and he lost his balance stretching for the ball.

Actually, if I was a Leeds fan, I'd be a thick, ignorant Northern monkey.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Oct 2017 09:38

NewCorkSeth Barrow is a ledge.

His turn of pace for the goal was amazing. Exactly the kind of player we missed last year.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Oct 2017 09:40

I actually think Bacuna did foul Hernandez, but it's complete moot point.

They got a penalty they shouldn't have, and the fact is we took advantage of our chance and they didn't.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Oct 2017 09:43

genome

His turn of pace for the goal was amazing. Exactly the kind of player we missed last year.

Kind of player we’ve missed this year (when he was injured) even more

He makes a massive difference to our attacking threat. Was really hoping Aluko would be another version of him and and they could terrorise the oppo full backs. Maybe he still will in time. Popa is similar but not as good from what I’ve seen

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 16 Oct 2017 09:44

NewCorkSeth I'm so happy for Mannone. Really has been doing well and just lacked a few standout moments.

I could have saved that. It was a back pass.

Pleased for Mannone, mind.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Oct 2017 09:45

Hound
genome

Kind of player we’ve missed this year (when he was injured) even more

He makes a massive difference to our attacking threat. Was really hoping Aluko would be another version of him and and they could terrorise the oppo full backs. Maybe he still will in time. Popa is similar but not as good from what I’ve seen

Agreed, but Stam's playing him too centrally. I would rather see Aluko out wide on the opposite flank instead of Beerens or McCleary. Bodvarsson in the middle.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Oct 2017 10:05

LUX
NewCorkSeth I'm so happy for Mannone. Really has been doing well and just lacked a few standout moments.

I could have saved that. It was a back pass.

Pleased for Mannone, mind.

Absolutely. It may have been a cr@p penalty but the keeper still has to fall over in the right direction.