Leeds v RFC Back from the Tele

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Leeds v RFC Back from the Tele

by CountryRoyal » 17 Oct 2017 15:51

Tilehurstsouthbank
genome Our line up on LUFC TV :lol:

Edwards at CB? One I'm not sure Stam has considered...

He probably has tbf. I wouldn't put it past him.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Leeds v RFC Back from the Tele

by Muskrat » 20 Oct 2017 09:45

The most intriguing result of the season for me. Was the perceived change of tactics a result of a management initiative or was it just something that happened to work out on the day? I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Even if it was a lucky accident, it doesn't really matter. The point is that we learn from it and develop it.

Personally I sense the hand of Gilksey in this, and in turn I think he's been taking soundings from the players and presenting them to Stam. This way he filters out the "player power" issue which it's clear Stam doesn't like.

The penalty for me was nailed on, having seen it numerous times from different angles. I can only guess at the extent of bed wetting on here if we were losing one nil and got that appeal turned down in injury time - the ref bottled it, he was a homer etc et ...

Our goal also owed quite bit to luck. No foul in the build-up, that much is obvious. But JVD's attempted pass right to Bodvarsson being blocked back into his path was luck, pure and simple. Although he slide pass to let Barrow in was sublime.

Let's hope for a quick pass and move performance from us tomorrow. I don't care what formation we play and quite frankly I struggle to work it out at the best of times. Just play a striker, two wingers and two centre mids. No pointless posession and no playing it across the back four all afternoon please.