MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (a) sponsored by one swallow does not a summer make

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (a) sponsored by one swallow does not a summer make

by Hound » 21 Oct 2017 15:10

Think need to be realistic. Sheff Utd have won 11 if there last 12 at home and we are missing our 2 centre forwards

Anything other than a defeat would have been a fantastic result

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (a) sponsored by one swallow does not a summer make

by windermereROYAL » 21 Oct 2017 15:10

double d Stam needs to go. I am going to hand him a p45 at half-time
Leicester can have him for all I care. I have it on good authority ancelloti is interested anyway

Special needs :D

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 21 Oct 2017 15:11

NewCorkSeth
strap
Sutekh Reading XI : Mannone, Gunter, Moore, Berg, Blackett, Bacuna, Ilori, Edwards, Beerens, Barrow, Aluko

Subs : Jaakkola, Swift, McShane, Richards, Clement, Kelly, Smith

Let me guess, Bod is injured.... :roll:

Wonder if GMac is injured as well or just dropped for a rest.

Think we can all guess what to expect by way of a performance today

And if they are injured just what do Reading do in training, other clubs dont get this sort of malaise continually and Reading never did before Stam and his team arrived.

Or perhaps we’re all wrong and they’ve just been dropped

Yep. wondering the same. But hey-ho, back to ponderous sideways/backwards passing in 4-6-0. Stam clearly wants the LCFC job.

Shots on target for RFC prediction - 1. Result : SUFC whatever they want, RFC Nil.

Looking forward to this!!

Sorry forgot to mention SUFC playing Leon Clarke and Billy Sharp up front. Sharp has 55 goals from 94 starts since rejoining SUFC, and Clarke 11 from 20. We have ..... Oh, wait ... :roll:

C'mon now Strap. It is time to retire the "we have no striker" diatribe. We get it. Everyone on the board knows your feelings about it. Lets get back to criticisms something can be done about.

See Sharp has scored again. This sh*t is just so depressing. We are gonna ship 4+ goals today, I can see it.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Oct 2017 15:11

Hound Think need to be realistic. Sheff Utd have won 11 if there last 12 at home and we are missing our 2 centre forwards

Wasting your time trying explain logic on here.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Oct 2017 15:12

Who cares about the score. The Stam objective is possession and we only have 39% currently!! Stam will be mortified at half time.

More pointless passing in our own half in the second period please and we can still win the possession stats.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Oct 2017 15:14

windermereROYAL
Hound Think need to be realistic. Sheff Utd have won 11 if there last 12 at home and we are missing our 2 centre forwards

Wasting your time trying explain logic on here.

Yep prob right.

Always thought we’d lose this but the two home games next week are the key ones for me

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Oct 2017 15:14

andrew1957 Who cares about the score. The Stam objective is possession and we only have 39% currently!! Stam will be mortified at half time.

More pointless passing in our own half in the second period please and we can still win the possession stats.

Didn`t we win with 45% last week?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Oct 2017 15:15

Which is why I would expect a gritty defensive performance. Not another capitulation.

Stam seems incapable of getting this team to do the basics.

We are 1 point above the relegation places.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 21 Oct 2017 15:16

double d Stam needs to go. I am going to hand him a p45 at half-time
Leicester can have him for all I care. I have it on good authority ancelloti is interested anyway

What, Ancellotti interested in RFC?? Or have I misunderstood??

Stam should oxf*rd off to Leicester at half time, oxf*rd con-man. Another Brenda Bodgers or S(cottish) C(harlatan).

Just come much money has this Dutch idiot pissed away to get us just outside the relegation zone? Surely the Chinese cannot let this crap continue any longer?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Oct 2017 15:17

Maybe if nothing else, this effort so far will put the ‘ 3 small blokes up front’ plan to bed for good

I really do hope Yann is back next week

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 21 Oct 2017 15:17

Not tuning in for a 2nd half of that rubbish.
Dear, oh dear...

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Oct 2017 15:18

windermereROYAL
andrew1957 Who cares about the score. The Stam objective is possession and we only have 39% currently!! Stam will be mortified at half time.

Didn't we win with 45% last week?

Indeed you could almost say we won that one on the break - which is no doubt why Stam has gone back to the previous plan this week. Possession is all.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Oct 2017 15:25

Maybe he wants to get sacked?

My musings from the first half are:

We dont have anyone linking our midfield and attack (or trying to)

Sheffield are gr8 at closing down high up the pitch.

3 at the back hasnt helped us once since we switched to it. time to change back to a good old 4-3-2-1.

Ilori, surprisingly given his midweek comments, looks entirely uninterested.

Again we suffer from not making anything of our few chances. If anyone ever is in the box when we attack down the flanks (twice maybe its happened?) they are surrounded and short.

I expect despite the fact we need a change, we wont get one at half time.

JVDB has given me all the signs hes about to do something spectacular. Hes fouled unnecessarily and been pretty useless. Every other time i have thought that during a match hes pulled out something good.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 21 Oct 2017 15:27

Once again another team and formation.
Obviously doesn't work at all so let's look forward to a defensive change at 88 minutes.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Oct 2017 15:28

Hound and we are missing our 2 centre forwards

3, Kermorgant, Bodvarsson, Mendes....

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 21 Oct 2017 15:29

Had high hopes we'd take confidence and kick on after last weeks great result.....looks like we've gone backwards again.....and will continue to unless we change this dull tedious mundane style of playing

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Oct 2017 15:32

Thanks Seth, useful breakdown

I wonder when Bod broke down during the week?

Sounds like we are missing Swift as well.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Oct 2017 15:37

I have to say that if I was Stam I would give Smith a chance. He might not be a hold up player like Bod or Kermy but he is a SRIKER and knows where the goal is. After all chances are very limited for our young players and at 2-0 what have we to lose.

None of Beerens, Aluko and Barrow are strikers and so I will be even more annoyed with Stam if he does not give Smith a fair crack today.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 21 Oct 2017 15:41

McShane replaces Blackett!

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 21 Oct 2017 15:42

And McShane gets a yellow card!