MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (a) sponsored by one swallow does not a summer make

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (a) sponsored by one swallow does not a summer make

by Oilroyal » 21 Oct 2017 17:34

Played 12
Lost 6

Won 3
Drawn 3

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (a) sponsored by one swallow does not a summer make

by Hound » 21 Oct 2017 17:37

P58
W29
D10
L19

I think it’d be harsh to look at sacking someone on those stats

Granted you can’t live off last season for ever but he has Earned the chance to turn it round

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 21 Oct 2017 17:41

Hound P58
W29
D10
L19

Granted you can’t live off last season for ever but he has Earned the chance to turn it round

You forgot to mention we won the Simod cup in 1988. Last year has no relevance at all, it's been and gone. You have to look at how he's managing this season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Oct 2017 17:46

Oilroyal
Hound P58
W29
D10
L19

You forgot to mention we won the Simod cup in 1988. Last year has no relevance at all, it's been and gone. You have to look at how he's managing this season.

That’s nonsense and you know it :lol:

In that case do we sack him and just poach whatever manager is currently sitting top of their league? Does that mean we’ll be successful this season?

It’s completely relevant as it shows he can manage successfully at this level. But like I said, there is only so long you can keep going back to that

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 21 Oct 2017 18:38

Hound
strap
HeinzGuderian In the jockey in Sheffield.

Stam has no clue away from home. Attack us and actually play forward and were oxf*rd.

Alan Pardew.

Been saying that for a few weeks now.

We beat a team who were in the top 4 away last week and this week beat Brizzle 3-0

No matter how much you whinge on here, I very much doubt he will be going anywhere for a while yet

There is plenty of pressure now for next weeks game though - our home form has been crap this year and needs to improve rapidly

The issue is one of tactics. The moment we adopt a 4-4-2 we appear a much better side. 4-6-0 simply doesn't work with this group of players. I'd refer you to my post on the Relegation thread about Stam's future. The Chinese will not put up for this situation for much longer for the reasons I point out there.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Oct 2017 18:54

I agree on formation strap

But we need Yann or Dadi imo to play that

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Oct 2017 19:05

The owners are the elephant in the room here. Really don’t know what their patience is like. But I can’t imagine they’ll put up with this kind of form with the investment they’ve made.

Stam deserves the two upcoming home matches though. Two wins and everything is different. No win in either and I think I’m going to throw my hat into the Stam Out ring.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 21 Oct 2017 19:13

andrew1957
Is Stam incapable of changing tactics

No he's not.
When we play well ( Birmingham, Leeds, Villa) he changes the team and formation next game.
If an individual plays well (Kelly, Evans etc), he's on the bench next game.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Oct 2017 07:31

Pandoras Box
andrew1957

No he's not.
When we play well ( Birmingham, Leeds, Villa) he changes the team and formation next game.

Yesterday’s team selection was down to losing Bod to a calf problem in another training “incident”. Garath also went the same way with a thigh problem (makes a change from hamstring injuries i suppose).

As a result he reverted to what has been good old plan A :roll: and got yet another pathetic lousy performance whereas I think he should have given Smith a chance and kept the same tactics as per Leeds.

lightning strikes

by lightning strikes » 22 Oct 2017 07:58

strap
lightning strikes
strap
Gillingham W 2-0 @ 4-4-2
Aston Villa W 2-1 @ 4-2-3-1
Millwall W 3-1 @ 4-2-3-1
Birmingham City W 2-0 @ 3-5-2
Leeds Utd W 1-0 @ 4-4-2

No wins playing 4-6-0 or 5-5-0. Stam's time is up.

Villa game was 4-3-3 with false 9.

Which is actually 4-6-0.

Call it what you want as long as you update your statistical records to show we have won and played well playing without a recognized striker.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Oct 2017 08:38

Sutekh
Pandoras Box
andrew1957

No he's not.

Yesterday’s team selection was down to losing Bod to a calf problem in another training “incident”. Garath also went the same way with a thigh problem (makes a change from hamstring injuries i suppose).

As a result he reverted to what has been good old plan A :roll: and got yet another pathetic lousy performance whereas I think he should have given Smith a chance and kept the same tactics as per Leeds.

Is that the general consensus that Smith should have played? I wouldn’t necessarily have been against it, but from what I saw of him and reports from the Millwall game, he would have been far from ready

I’m not really sure what I would have done with Bod getting injured tbh. The false 9 has been sh1t since Villa, 4-4-2 would have been pointless with Aluko/Beerens as CF

Wonder how far Yann really is away from starting. I just can’t see us winning games without him or Bod - not just from their scoring goals themselves but just the shape and hold up play

One thing I am pretty annoyed about is changing that back 4. It obvs worked a treat at Leeds and got the best out of Bacuna. Why change it?