1865 posts
strap
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Relegation

by strap » 04 Jan 2018 17:58

double d
Longhorn1970
double d
Thats a strange comment? Maybe he wants to give his side a rest so they are fresh against Hull OR maybe wants to give other players a chance to impress....

Do they looked fatigued to you or just not putting in a shift ?

Look like they cannot be arsed. I dont buy into players being fatigued playing 1 or 2 games a week.

How can they possibly be "fatigued" when they only play at a snail's pace and barely break sweat game after game???

double d

by double d » 04 Jan 2018 20:21

TJ No1
Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner
He definitely said he would be fielding....in his words "a weakened side" against Stevenage.....
My heart sank at that point......Id love a decent cup run after this seasons fiasco's

If a weakened side involves none of the first xi it's got a better chance of winning. Players with somethingto prove unruined by recent performance.

I'd take something like:

Jaakkola
Watson, Ilori, Moore, Richards
Evans, Bacuna, Barrett
Popa, Bodvarsson, Beerens

Top post.

Barrett is out on loan at Coventry.

Another knowledgeable post by Snowflake.

Damn. I thought you were Kes. Turns out you are the pcuntformant. So close!

double d

by double d » 04 Jan 2018 20:22

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL
Snowflake Royal If a weakened side involves none of the first xi it's got a better chance of winning. Players with somethingto prove unruined by recent performance.

I'd take something like:

Jaakkola
Watson, Ilori, Moore, Richards
Evans, Bacuna, Barrett
Popa, Bodvarsson, Beerens

Barrett is at Coventry.

Cheers, I've lost track of who in the Academy is where. I'm sure you get the gist.

Me too. What has happened to sam smith and loader? If they are still here.....

WHY DA FUQ ARE THEY NOT EVEN GETTING ON THE BENCH STAM!!!! SURELY THEY CANNOT DO WORSE THEN THE SHITSHOW WE HAVE NOW

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Jan 2018 20:25

double d
Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL
Barrett is at Coventry.

Cheers, I've lost track of who in the Academy is where. I'm sure you get the gist.

WHY DA FUQ ARE THEY NOT EVEN GETTING ON THE BENCH STAM!!!! SURELY THEY CANNOT DO WORSE THEN THE SHITSHOW WE HAVE NOW

Smith is injured. but I know where you`re coming from. might as well shut down the academy , they have next to no chance with this guy in charge.

double d

by double d » 04 Jan 2018 20:32

windermereROYAL
double d
Snowflake Royal Cheers, I've lost track of who in the Academy is where. I'm sure you get the gist.

Smith is injured. but I know where you`re coming from. might as well shut down the academy , they have next to no chance with this guy in charge.

Loader looked like the best bloody striker we had in pre season. He looked good with the u19s. Surely he must be looking at the first team 'strikers' and thinking why the f am I not playing. I reckon he could do a good job and he a completely different striker to what we have got already.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jan 2018 20:32

I’m not sure Loader is ready, but would like to see him get a run out. I’m not sure he has looked great in the age groups DD - haven’t seen him score a shed load for the u23s for example, not like Barrett has.

Richards will play I reckon

Tbf, a couple of lads that Stam has given chances to - Rinomhota, Smith and Watson have all had big injuries. How much they’d have played is debatable of course

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Jan 2018 17:27

12/1 still available.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 06 Jan 2018 18:53

Pepe the Horseman 12/1 still available.

Might lump dosh on that

double d

by double d » 06 Jan 2018 19:20

Royal_jimmy
Pepe the Horseman 12/1 still available.

Might lump dosh on that

Just put 20 on it

double d

League 1

by double d » 26 Jan 2018 20:40

After my relegation thread, which I originally made in jest and now shockingly looks ever more likely, if we do go down to league 1 (and I still have belief that we will not go down and that we are still just about good enough to stay in this League), do you think this would be a bad thing for the club or a much needed kick up the arse and the start of a rebuild? Or if we do go down, could this then see us do a Blackpool/Coventry? I would have thought that we would see a mass exodus of players and we would be absolutely financially screwed. Although I would like to be proven wrong. League 1 does not seem like such a walk in the park however and teams are looking quite decent in there now.

Would you still go to games and buy a ST? I know I would for sure. Hopefully it would weed out the negative Chelsea fans that pop up on social media who have had a season ticket since 06/07. Ever since J Mad sold up this has been slowly coming unfortunately, If Stam stays then I honestly have no idea if we will actually stay up or go down. I keep thinking we will turn it around this game but it just does not seem to happen.

I don't know what is going on. I don't understand why this season is the way it is. Maybe we are just trying to ride it out to the summer and then he will go and we will have a mass clear out.

What League 1 ground would you like to Visit the most? Fleetwood for me.

Who would have thought at the start of the season that us and Shrewbury could swap leagues next year :lol: :lol: :lol:

:(
Last edited by double d on 26 Jan 2018 20:43, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: League 1

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Jan 2018 20:43

Only half-way through the 3 year plan, calm down.

:o

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Jan 2018 20:44

It would be a disaster. Attendances would plunge and who knows whether our owners would remain. There would be no guarantee that we would bounce back. I cannot understand how anyone would see it as a good thing to be back down in the lower divisions.

double d

by double d » 26 Jan 2018 20:45

AthleticoSpizz Only half-way through the 3 year plan, calm down.

1) play off final in championship
2) relegation to L1
3) Promotion to championship?

Maybe Stam thought that was what get promoted meant.

double d

by double d » 26 Jan 2018 20:46

Zip It would be a disaster. Attendances would plunge and who knows whether our owners would remain. There would be no guarantee that we would bounce back. I cannot understand how anyone would see it as a good thing to be back down in the lower divisions.

I reckon a fair few would go to Maidenhead. I was considering packing in RFC and spending 110 on a Magpies ST. Kinda wish I did now......

I think people (myself included) would only think it a good thing because it would mean new grounds to visit.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Jan 2018 20:47

Yay, bring on the Cod Army!

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 26 Jan 2018 20:48

double d
Zip It would be a disaster. Attendances would plunge and who knows whether our owners would remain. There would be no guarantee that we would bounce back. I cannot understand how anyone would see it as a good thing to be back down in the lower divisions.

I reckon a fair few would go to Maidenhead. I was considering packing in RFC and spending 110 on a Magpies ST. Kinda wish I did now......

I think people (myself included) would only think it a good thing because it would mean new grounds to visit.

How old are you, dd? Do you not remember last time we were in League 1? It was fukking shit.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jan 2018 20:50

What 3 year plan, dont think the club have ever put a timescale on reaching the PL or have I missed something somewhere?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 26 Jan 2018 20:52

Sack the board

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Jan 2018 20:52

Sutekh

What 3 year plan, dont think the club have ever put a timescale on reaching the PL or have I missed something somewhere?
think JS himself alluded to it some weeks ago....or was that Gourlay....who cares

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 26 Jan 2018 20:53

We really are so shit. I had a feeling we'd go down since about September. We look completely doomed now. If we lose to Burton we are dead meat.

What happens when you persist with a manager and style of play which should be long gone

1865 posts