Relegation

1865 posts
royal_rumble

Re: Relegation

by royal_rumble » 17 Mar 2018 20:51

What makes me laugh is the amount of people that still seemed to think we would be fine a week or two ago... all of the teams below us are much worse etc etc.

This team has been heading for relegation for a long time. The performances at the end of last / start of this year were abysmal. I don't actually disagree with Stam being given a bit of extra time to turn this around based upon last season - but this is getting ridiculous.

Game after game the same mistakes, the same random team choices, the same players getting another game after playing poorly. I'd probably put some weight to the argument he is trying to get the sack... how can he actually be this bad?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 17 Mar 2018 20:52

If the manager is not sacked, we will go down. If he is sacked and a manager gives us a shot in the arm, we may stay up. Note the word - may

Risk worth taking

RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 17 Mar 2018 21:01

Can’t see any other choice than to sack the manager and hope for a reaction.

If you keep doing the same thing you’ll get the same result. Need to change something, can’t change the players, manager won’t change the style, so only option is the change the manager.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Mar 2018 21:03

Way I see it is Stam is not going to win us another game this season. Another manager might

Now a gamble worth taking

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 17 Mar 2018 21:35

RIP ELM Park Can’t see any other choice than to sack the manager and hope for a reaction.

If you keep doing the same thing you’ll get the same result. Need to change something, can’t change the players, manager won’t change the style, so only option is the change the manager.

the problem may be who do they bring in ? Who is willing to work under Tevreden ? ..

alfie9

by alfie9 » 17 Mar 2018 21:45

We will not win another game unless he goes. So that's one win for Barnsley and Birmingham in 8 games plus a few draws and we're down. What a sad state of affairs.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 17 Mar 2018 21:49

alfie9 We will not win another game unless he goes. So that's one win for Barnsley and Birmingham in 8 games plus a few draws and we're down. What a sad state of affairs.

Some crystal ball you have ! :roll:

alfie9

by alfie9 » 17 Mar 2018 21:51

Longhorn1970
alfie9 We will not win another game unless he goes. So that's one win for Barnsley and Birmingham in 8 games plus a few draws and we're down. What a sad state of affairs.

Are you watching our performances

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 17 Mar 2018 21:54

alfie9
Longhorn1970

I am, but I'm also watching those below us squander chances. If you follow my babble here you'll see I was horrified by the way Stam got found out at QPR(a) and nothing has changed since ..

double d

by double d » 17 Mar 2018 21:55

alfie9
Longhorn1970

Tbf Birmingham played like Barcelona today compared to our last 30 games.

If they actually start doing this on a regular basis (and with monk I am pretty sure they will) we will be seriously deep in it.

Hull, Barnsley and Bolton have all seemed to go on a mini run. We have just kept losing.

double d

by double d » 17 Mar 2018 21:57

Longhorn1970
alfie9
Longhorn1970

I am, but I'm also watching those below us squander chances. If you follow my babble here you'll see I was horrified by the way Stam got found out at QPR(a) and nothing has changed since ..

Birmingham won 3-0 today. Have we done that this season? They COINCIDENTALLY got a new manager aswell :?

They have ipswich (h), Bolton (a) and Burton (h) in the next 3 games. They could easily get 6 points there.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Mar 2018 22:50

For the first time in many years and certainly this season I'm actually properly scared we will get relegated. Tonight it has hit me.

I was getting flack on here for temporarily cheering on the opposition, hoping we'd lose so Stam would get sacked as I never thought we'd hold onto him or be in serious trouble but we astonishingly have and we are consequently in trouble.

For those who say "oh we are too good to go down" I say that's exactly why I'm worried. If we had a poor team of players then fair enough, they'd probably know they're expected to go down and would fight hard in a proper relegation dogfight. But these players all know they're too good, so they will never believe it in the same way and have the same passion and will just continue being half-arsed. Even if they do believe it they know some other championship club will come for them if we do go down. The fact that they haven't managed to sort it out basically says there's something very very wrong and it can't be fixed. It's actually very very scary now.

Having said we should stick with Stam, I have flipped yet again and now agree with some of the posters above in that the only tool we have left is that of a shake-up. We literally cannot do any worse than we are right now. My mum could honestly do a better job right now than Stam is managing to do so we have nothing to lose. If we let things continue there's a real possibility we'll go down. We may as well get a new man in, if only to shake things up.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 18 Mar 2018 00:31

Calling John Smith to the thread.

Just wondered are we in a relegation battle yet?!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Mar 2018 00:36

bcubed Calling John Smith a deluded cnut.

More like

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Mar 2018 00:39

2 world wars, 1 world cup For the first time in many years and certainly this season I'm actually properly scared we will get relegated. Tonight it has hit me.

I was getting flack on here for temporarily cheering on the opposition, hoping we'd lose so Stam would get sacked as I never thought we'd hold onto him or be in serious trouble but we astonishingly have and we are consequently in trouble.

For those who say "oh we are too good to go down" I say that's exactly why I'm worried. If we had a poor team of players then fair enough, they'd probably know they're expected to go down and would fight hard in a proper relegation dogfight. But these players all know they're too good, so they will never believe it in the same way and have the same passion and will just continue being half-arsed. Even if they do believe it they know some other championship club will come for them if we do go down. The fact that they haven't managed to sort it out basically says there's something very very wrong and it can't be fixed. It's actually very very scary now.

Having said we should stick with Stam, I have flipped yet again and now agree with some of the posters above in that the only tool we have left is that of a shake-up. We literally cannot do any worse than we are right now. My mum could honestly do a better job right now than Stam is managing to do so we have nothing to lose. If we let things continue there's a real possibility we'll go down. We may as well get a new man in, if only to shake things up.

Tbf you’ve always come across as a massive tit in the past so I’m not sure anyone is going to give a shit what you think now.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 18 Mar 2018 01:57

I've said for months that I couldn't see where our next win was coming from but a team like Norwich, with little to play for, was just the sort of opposition who might have given us a fighting chance. And, if it was really the case that there are 3 worse teams in this division, things might have been different.

Last week at Wolves, it might as well have been Man City v Maidenhead; 2 teams from different planets rather than different ends of the same table. It must have been soul destroying watching us hanging on desperately to a 3-0 defeat :| Had we been able to defend today we would have got at least a point against a very average Norwich side but we can't and it's getting worse.

Why anyone thinks we can beat Sunderland is beyond me . They will be seeing us as their best chance of a get out of jail free card.

These are desperately sad times and I believe we will need to fight for the future of this club.

Assuming Stam won't be sacked (I'll be deliriously happy to be proved wrong) we will have to force his departure before next season by not renewing season tickets until he's gone.

There's only one thing worse than Division 1 and that's division 1 with Stam still in charge.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 18 Mar 2018 02:24, edited 1 time in total.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Mar 2018 02:22

leon
2 world wars, 1 world cup For the first time in many years and certainly this season I'm actually properly scared we will get relegated. Tonight it has hit me.

Tbf you’ve always come across as a massive tit in the past so I’m not sure anyone is going to give a shit what you think now.

Not gonna argue with how I come across that's for you to decide.

On this issue my opinion has been changing so much I genuinely don't know what to think atm, so yes it's probably fair to ignore my ever changing thinking out loud on this one. Might help generate discussion though I'm hoping.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 18 Mar 2018 02:47

Big Ern Honestly struggling to see where we will pick up 3 points from . Maybe a draw at home to QPR and also a draw against Preston at home , but that’s all I can see is getting for the rest of the season .

We could be screwed.

Did you see QPR today? They were excellent coming from 2 down to draw at Fulham. They won 3-1 at Villa could you see us doing that? They will hammer us as will Preston. I actually think we will be relegated before the final game of the season.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 18 Mar 2018 03:12

Unimpressed by our “defence”. Attacking wise we seem to have got ourselves going albeit the wolves game. This isn’t good enough and Tevreden is so deluded with keeping Stam right now. Sinking fast

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Mar 2018 03:19

My £100 at 9/1 is starting to look a reality, tbh I would rather we stay up. but hell that grand will come in handy.

1865 posts