Relegation

1865 posts
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Relegation

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Nov 2017 12:19

double d I think that the following would go (either would like to go to a better team and could easily play for one, would get snapped up by another team for a decent fee or would just not want to play in league 1 due to being too good/too egotistical)

Mannone - no
Gunter - yes
Ilori - no
McShane - no
Blackett - no
Moore - yes
Aluko - yes
Barrow - yes
Kelly - no
McCleary - maybe
Dadi - no
Beerens - yes
Joey VDB - yes
Swift - yes
Obita - maybe
Edwards - no
Evans - yes
Bacuna - maybe

Others
Kermorgant - No
Mendes - maybe
Jaakkola - maybe
Smith - No
Richards - No
Harriott - No
Quinn - maybe
Popa - yes

Pretty much the entire first team squad and subs could get snapped up by lower to mid PL or Champ teams. Alot with PL experience. Ilori/beerens/VDB/Dadi probably to abroad

The ones who would stay and go from this lot marked yes or no

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Nov 2017 13:41

leon
windermereROYAL Next two away games against opponents with a combined home record of W2 D5 L10 should tell us if we are serious relegation candidates or not, anything less than 4 points would suggest maybe we are.

With the squad we have we should vying for a play off place. Not worrying about relegation.

I don’t think most people are tbf

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Nov 2017 14:04

The performances in the last three games tell me we'll be fine.

We could've done without playing the league leaders after two great results to be honest, would've been nice to have had a middling club at home to keep the momentum going.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Nov 2017 14:15

genome The performances in the last three games tell me we'll be fine.

We could've done without playing the league leaders after two great results to be honest, would've been nice to have had a middling club at home to keep the momentum going.

True, but we have middling to poor clubs in our next 4 games

I don’t think yesterday will do any harm to the confidence really. Think the players appreciated being clapped off as well, they certainly appeared to

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 19 Nov 2017 15:44

genome We could've done without playing the league leaders after two great results to be honest, would've been nice to have had a middling club at home to keep the momentum going.

At least showed that the 2 previous games were no flukes.

double d

by double d » 19 Nov 2017 15:48

If we can beat burton twice or get 4 pts (i think they will be the closest team to the bottom to fight to stay up) we will be fine.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Nov 2017 23:15

Hound
leon
windermereROYAL Next two away games against opponents with a combined home record of W2 D5 L10 should tell us if we are serious relegation candidates or not, anything less than 4 points would suggest maybe we are.

With the squad we have we should vying for a play off place. Not worrying about relegation.

I don’t think most people are tbf

You’ve missed my point. Like. Totally.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Nov 2017 06:33

I didn’t. I was just being a knob

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Nov 2017 07:58

Royal_jimmy Just 5 points above the drop and Bolton and Sunderland away in the next 4. If we lose those and fail to win at home in our next 2 then il be very worried.

I'm already pretty worried in that this side struggles to make chances and score goals

Or - Just 8 points off the play-off places with a game in hand, 3 of the next 4 games are against teams 16th or lower, with the team looking in decent form, Wolves result aside, performance was very good. Very good chance to move up to the fringes of the play-off race.

Of the next 4 games, the Sunderland game is the one that worries me a little, they haven't won at home for nearly a year and of course we rock up for their next home game, the first one with the new manager in charge.

double d

by double d » 20 Nov 2017 09:49

Stranded
Royal_jimmy Just 5 points above the drop and Bolton and Sunderland away in the next 4. If we lose those and fail to win at home in our next 2 then il be very worried.

I'm already pretty worried in that this side struggles to make chances and score goals

Or - Just 8 points off the play-off places with a game in hand, 3 of the next 4 games are against teams 16th or lower, with the team looking in decent form, Wolves result aside, performance was very good. Very good chance to move up to the fringes of the play-off race.

Of the next 4 games, the Sunderland game is the one that worries me a little, they haven't won at home for nearly a year and of course we rock up for their next home game, the first one with the new manager in charge.

Sods law. Weren't Rotherham the only team to beat us away in a year or something last season?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Nov 2017 09:57

nope

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Nov 2017 10:02

Where did you get that from dd?

double d

by double d » 20 Nov 2017 10:26

Maybe it was yeovil when we played them?

Or maybe we were Rotherham first away win for ages.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Nov 2017 10:43

double d Maybe it was yeovil when we played them?

Have you been away for 6 months?

Dropping bollocks left, right and centre young man. Off to Fleetwood Towm forum with you, you daft bastard

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Nov 2017 11:11

double d Maybe it was yeovil when we played them?

Not really sure what you're on about, but Rotherham and Yeovil have never beaten us at the Madejski.

In fact, Yeovil were in League Two last season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Nov 2017 11:20

think DD has completely lost the plot on this one

Villa beat us for their first away win for an age last year, and QPR also beat us at home. They were our only 2 home defeats. We beat Rotherham 2-1. Dunno if that helps at all.

double d

by double d » 20 Nov 2017 11:36

Hound think DD has completely lost the plot on this one

Villa beat us for their first away win for an age last year, and QPR also beat us at home. They were our only 2 home defeats. We beat Rotherham 2-1. Dunno if that helps at all.

I must have blacked out after 65 minutes of the Rotherham game because I seriously forgot we won that.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Nov 2017 11:38

Where did Yeovil come from though!?

double d

by double d » 20 Nov 2017 11:40

For some reason i thought they beat us that time they went down to 9 men years ago but it was 3-3 was it not?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Nov 2017 11:47

It was 1-1.

1865 posts
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 13:11