Relegation

479 posts
Royal_jimmy
Member
Posts: 974
Joined: 10 Aug 2011 10:44
Location: Y26

Re: Relegation

by Royal_jimmy » 26 Nov 2017 13:14

If we lose the next 2, will anyone start getting worried?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1371
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

Re: Relegation

by windermereROYAL » 26 Nov 2017 13:37

Royal_jimmy wrote:If we lose the next 2, will anyone start getting worried?


And if we win the next 2 will people be talking play-offs?

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3153
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Relegation

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2017 14:14

Worrying is for March, April and May.

double d
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8138
Joined: 31 Jul 2006 00:08

Re: Relegation

by double d » 26 Nov 2017 14:55

I'm confident that we are definitely better then Sunderland and Burton, and I think if we were down there at the end of the season we would sneak it out the bottom as we have a better squad overall then Brum and Bolton.

Marino13
Member
Posts: 827
Joined: 03 Oct 2017 11:20

Re: Relegation

by Marino13 » 26 Nov 2017 15:14

Snowflake Royal wrote:Worrying is for March, April and May.


disagree. why worry at all! ?? ??? ??


KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1370
Joined: 18 Sep 2004 15:36
Location: Kent

Re: Relegation

by KC Royal » 26 Nov 2017 17:49

Royal_jimmy wrote:If we lose the next 2, will anyone start getting worried?


I think we're in the middle of 4 important games starting with the Bolton game. If we lose any of them (without getting a win along the way)then I think we're going to be in trouble. Though unless we're 10 points clear of the bottom 3 then i'm going to be at least slightly concerned anyway. We haven't played too many of the top teams at home yet and whilst we do play better against the better teams that's going to make it harder to pick up home wins (and its our home form that is the problem for me - especially on a Saturday of course!).

User avatar
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 2295
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 11:35
Location: Feeding the leccy meter at the County Ground

Re: Relegation

by Lower West » 26 Nov 2017 17:58

Royal_jimmy wrote:If we lose the next 2, will anyone start getting worried?


Still 78 points to play for after these 2 games. Expect Barnsley to park the bus. Away games are never easy.

Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5830
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Relegation

by Hound » 26 Nov 2017 19:03

Lower West wrote:
Royal_jimmy wrote:If we lose the next 2, will anyone start getting worried?


Still 78 points to play for after these 2 games. Expect Barnsley to park the bus. Away games are never easy.


I think away games almost suit us better as the onus is on the other team to attack

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6015
Joined: 12 Apr 2005 19:22
Location: South Coast

Re: Relegation

by Victor Meldrew » 26 Nov 2017 19:28

Lower West wrote:
Royal_jimmy wrote:If we lose the next 2, will anyone start getting worried?


Still 78 points to play for after these 2 games. Expect Barnsley to park the bus. Away games are never easy.


It would be worrying if we lost those two as it would drag us ever closer to the relegation zone but surely we have enough in our squad to at least survive in this division whoever the manager is..
It is interesting that you say about parking the bus which is broadly what WE do in home games but I don't think of Barnsley as that sort of side or at least hope not on a cold Tuesday night.


Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5830
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Relegation

by Hound » 02 Dec 2017 17:23

Hopefully can put this one to bed for a while now :)

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 19062
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Relegation

by genome » 02 Dec 2017 17:27

Hound wrote:Hopefully can put this one to bed for a while now :)


Oh, if we lose to Cardiff they'll be back on here

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6863
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Relegation

by Sutekh » 02 Dec 2017 17:29

Final tests coming up I think, Cardiff City (h) followed by Ipswich Town (a) two very difficult games that could see the possible threat of a relegation battle linger on for a while yet.

Manage to get 4+ points from those two and I think that mid table obscurity should be the least for which we should hope

User avatar
leon
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 17231
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 09:18
Location: Hips, Lips, Tits, Power

Re: Relegation

by leon » 02 Dec 2017 18:14

Sutekh wrote:Final tests coming up I think, Cardiff City (h) followed by Ipswich Town (a) two very difficult games that could see the possible threat of a relegation battle linger on for a while yet.

Manage to get 4+ points from those two and I think that mid table obscurity should be the least for which we should hope


This team can win both.

Fcuk me. I didn’t think I’d be saying that. :shock:


User avatar
Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1006
Joined: 22 Oct 2013 11:19

Re: Relegation

by Oilroyal » 02 Dec 2017 18:33

genome wrote:
Hound wrote:Hopefully can put this one to bed for a while now :)


Oh, if we lose to Cardiff they'll be back on here


We wont lose to Colin's Cardiff

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5825
Joined: 26 Feb 2005 00:19
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: Relegation

by Kitsondinho » 03 Dec 2017 08:19

Oilroyal wrote:
genome wrote:
Hound wrote:Hopefully can put this one to bed for a while now :)


Oh, if we lose to Cardiff they'll be back on here


We wont lose to Colin's Cardiff

We bloody well better not......seeing his gurning mug all over Sky that evening will be bad enough, without hearing him bleat about being the greatest manager in the world.....

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2212
Joined: 15 Dec 2004 14:31
Location: Colwyn Bay Royals - Membership no.000001,

Re: Relegation

by Mr Optimist » 03 Dec 2017 09:16

Sadly his gurning mug all over Sky after the game are one of the three certainties in life after death and taxes. If Cardiff win it will be smug the lads were great gurning, and if they lose it will be the ref was a disgrace, how he didn't see x, we need consistency gurning.

User avatar
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 17559
Joined: 23 Jun 2011 10:24
Location: Putting right what once went wrong

Re: Relegation

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Dec 2017 10:19

Can anyone be bothered to put together our head to heads v Warnock? Feels like we beat him on the regs.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5825
Joined: 26 Feb 2005 00:19
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: Relegation

by Kitsondinho » 03 Dec 2017 10:21

Mr Optimist wrote:Sadly his gurning mug all over Sky after the game are one of the three certainties in life after death and taxes. If Cardiff win it will be smug the lads were great gurning, and if they lose it will be the ref was a disgrace, how he didn't see x, we need consistency gurning.

Indeed :twisted:

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 19062
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Relegation

by genome » 03 Dec 2017 11:28

Pepe the Horseman wrote:Can anyone be bothered to put together our head to heads v Warnock? Feels like we beat him on the regs.


Warnock's record vs Reading according to transfermarkt:

P21 W5 D3 L13

User avatar
leon
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 17231
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 09:18
Location: Hips, Lips, Tits, Power

Re: Relegation

by leon » 03 Dec 2017 11:34

genome wrote:
Pepe the Horseman wrote:Can anyone be bothered to put together our head to heads v Warnock? Feels like we beat him on the regs.


Warnock's record vs Reading according to transfermarkt:

P21 W5 D3 L13


He used to live near us when he managed QPR.

Not sure how that helps the debate.

479 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests

It is currently 17 Jul 2018 05:22