155 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Middlesbrough

by leon » 29 Oct 2017 22:48

Denver Royal
leon
Denver Royal
Cardiff haven't done much in recent seasons, and aren't generally known for their 'attractive' style of play, and certainly not under Warnock. Stam, in his first season in this div, and indeed his first season as a manager, finished above him/them. You can suddenly big Cardiff up now if you want, but let's see come May.

Fulham and Sheff Wed aren't so hot right now either, huh? Why is this? Remember when people said Fulham - with 'the best mgr and players in this div' would walk this div this season after we beat them in playoffs?

Sheff Utd are surely (currently) an outlier. Having just came up, most anyone knows they are an exception rather than the norm. Yes, us and 22 other teams are envious right now, but who knows where they will finish.

Have you actually seen us this season?

Forget wanting to play attractive football, what about some actual football?

If we made a strong run next season - 2 out of 3 seasons - would you be ok with that?

Why do you think Man Yoo and Chelsea, even with their resources, don't play 'football'.

I'm guessing you aren't a huge fan of Serie A ? It's prolly not like going to the movies, huh?

Rather than ask me some rather bizarre questions. I'd like you to answer mine please.

Have you seen us play this season? I have and it's shit anti football.

Oh and however Chelsea and Man Yoo ( :| ) play which incidentally is a million miles away from the shit we're being served up is irrelevant - why? They're not heading towards relegation this season. We are.

And as far as Serie A goes. I actually love Italian football. I love the control of a match, the ability to defend with class, close down games but also go from that to finding a chance and with pace creating an opportunity to score.

Everything we've utterly fail to do this season but you'd know that. Obviously.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 29 Oct 2017 23:21

leon
Denver Royal
leon
Have you actually seen us this season?

Forget wanting to play attractive football, what about some actual football?

If we made a strong run next season - 2 out of 3 seasons - would you be ok with that?

Why do you think Man Yoo and Chelsea, even with their resources, don't play 'football'.

I'm guessing you aren't a huge fan of Serie A ? It's prolly not like going to the movies, huh?

Rather than ask me some rather bizarre questions. I'd like you to answer mine please.

Oh and however Chelsea and Man Yoo ( :| ) play which incidentally is a million miles away from the shit we're being served up is irrelevant - why? They're not heading towards relegation this season. We are.

And as far as Serie A goes. I actually love Italian football. I love the control of a match, the ability to defend with class, close down games but also go from that to finding a chance and with pace creating an opportunity to score.

Chelsea last season (in winning the title), and Man Yoo this, are known in some quarters - even by some of their fans - as being 'anti-football', as you put it. You have no insight on that because 'it's not relevant' to us. Fair enough. But it's still something to ponder, for me at least. (And neither presumably is Serie A - yet you offer up a paragraph).

You think we will go down with Stam? Ok, who are your suggested replacements?

These are tough times right now, but if we make a run next season, that's 2 out of 3...would you be ok with that?
Last edited by Denver Royal on 29 Oct 2017 23:36, edited 1 time in total.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Oct 2017 23:36

Denver Royal
leon
Denver Royal

Chelsea last season (in winning the title), and Man Yoo this, are known in some quarters - even by some of their fans - as being 'anti-football', as you put it. You have no insight on that because 'it's not relevant' . (And neither presumably is Serie A - yet you offer up a paragraph).

These are tough times right now, but if we make a run next season, that's 2 out of 3...would you be ok with that?

Sorry mate, but I'll start answering your questions when you answer my one question I posed on two separate threads. The one you've failed to answer. Unless I'm very much mistaken.

Have you seen us play this season?

Yes/no?

And as an expert of my opinion on Stam you'll also know I'm conflicted on his future.

(I.e. I'm not sure what we should do)

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 29 Oct 2017 23:44

leon
Denver Royal
leon

Chelsea last season (in winning the title), and Man Yoo this, are known in some quarters - even by some of their fans - as being 'anti-football', as you put it. You have no insight on that because 'it's not relevant' . (And neither presumably is Serie A - yet you offer up a paragraph).

Sorry mate, but I'll start answering your questions when you answer my one question I posed on two separate threads. The one you've failed to answer. Unless I'm very much mistaken.

Yes/no?

And as an expert of my opinion on Stam you'll also know I'm conflicted on his future.

I already answered your question on the other thread. Carry on.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Oct 2017 23:48

Denver Royal
leon
Denver Royal

Yes/no?

Sorry mate I'm struggling to keep up with your fcuking stalking.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Oct 2017 23:51

Denver Royal
leon
Denver Royal

Yes/no?

What thread? You've answered nothing as far as I can see.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 29 Oct 2017 23:58

leon
Denver Royal
leon

Yes/no?

In the 'Relegation' thread. Which you already responded to.

Stalking? Lol. Why would anyone stalk you? I get in here very rarely (unlike you). I believe it's the first (and maybe the last) dialogue I've ever had with you.

Anyway, you aren't sure what we should do. So we can leave it there.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 30 Oct 2017 03:44, edited 2 times in total.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 Oct 2017 00:16

Denver Royal
leon
Denver Royal

The 'Relegation' thread. Anyways, you aren't sure what we should do. So we can leave it there.

Which is why I'm wondering why you started stalking me in the first place.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 30 Oct 2017 00:24

leon
Denver Royal
leon

The 'Relegation' thread. Anyways, you aren't sure what we should do. So we can leave it there.

You ain't sure. I think we should stick with Stam at this time. We can leave it there. Adios.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 Oct 2017 00:30

Denver Royal
leon
Denver Royal

You ain't sure. I think we should stick with Stam at this time. We can leave it there. Adios.

Let's catch up after we've both been to the Forest game?

Then we can have a more informed conversation about Stams future eh?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Oct 2017 08:22

urgh, just seen the pics of Moore and Ilori post cash of heads. They seriously damaged each other there, Moore's looks like a bullet wound

Really fair play to him for coming back on after that. I'm not sure I'd play him Tuesday looking at the injury

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 30 Oct 2017 08:37

Hound urgh, just seen the pics of Moore and Ilori post cash of heads. They seriously damaged each other there, Moore's looks like a bullet wound

Really fair play to him for coming back on after that. I'm not sure I'd play him Tuesday looking at the injury

Yea the cut that Ilori got looked really nasty. Moore definitely should have been sent off for that

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 30 Oct 2017 09:31

Terrible performance, Stam has totally lost his teams identity, there not keeping the ball anymore I can't even work out what they are doing. I still believe he is the right man to take us forward and his interview after the game on BBC Berks gave me the impression that he knows he isn't going to be sacked. However although he got his tactics very wrong sometimes fans have got to appreciate how much the players let him down (Moore the only exception).

Mcshane - has been absolutely sh1te all season, for a club captain got absolutely embarrassed by assombalonga all game only to be highlighted by him totally loosing him at the back post for the second goal - he is just as past it as McCleary is.

Aluko - no effort tries to beat a man looses it and doesn't try and win it back ruins the shape of the team - were better without him

Kelly - way to big for his small boots - last year he was like a little terrier winning the ball back off players double his size don't think ive seen him win a 50/50 since he got off his scoring run - stick him back in the u23's so he can get a grip with his game again.

Don't understand the critics of Blackett he's solid defensively gets forward well and puts a great ball in the box - a lot of the time I think its a case of his teammates letting him down.

Still want Stam to be given longer too much has been invested in the brand of football to sack him because of a bad run - we wont get relegated we wont get promoted why change the manager give him time.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 30 Oct 2017 10:05

Theroyalbox Don't understand the critics of Blackett he's solid defensively gets forward well and puts a great ball in the box - a lot of the time I think its a case of his teammates letting him down.

I never really criticise a player or single them out, but Blackett makes me furious.

I've said before that he just seems completely lost. He dithers around, he trots up and down the pitch like he's running through treacle. He looks dazed most of the time.

He continually gives the ball away. He's one of the worst footballers I've seen for Reading in the last couple of years

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Oct 2017 10:34

Theroyalbox Terrible performance, Stam has totally lost his teams identity, there not keeping the ball anymore I can't even work out what they are doing. I still believe he is the right man to take us forward and his interview after the game on BBC Berks gave me the impression that he knows he isn't going to be sacked. However although he got his tactics very wrong sometimes fans have got to appreciate how much the players let him down (Moore the only exception).

Mcshane - has been absolutely sh1te all season, for a club captain got absolutely embarrassed by assombalonga all game only to be highlighted by him totally loosing him at the back post for the second goal - he is just as past it as McCleary is.

Aluko - no effort tries to beat a man looses it and doesn't try and win it back ruins the shape of the team - were better without him

Kelly - way to big for his small boots - last year he was like a little terrier winning the ball back off players double his size don't think ive seen him win a 50/50 since he got off his scoring run - stick him back in the u23's so he can get a grip with his game again.

Don't understand the critics of Blackett he's solid defensively gets forward well and puts a great ball in the box - a lot of the time I think its a case of his teammates letting him down.

Still want Stam to be given longer too much has been invested in the brand of football to sack him because of a bad run - we wont get relegated we wont get promoted why change the manager give him time.

actually agree with pretty much all of that. However I'm not sure Gourlay will accept another couple of defeats without tangible signs of improving. He knows football, and he isn't going to be hoodwinked into thinking that display on Saturday was anything other than utter dog muck

Boro was a step back from Norwich, which was a step back imo from Hull (where at least when we had Bod and Obita on, we had proper shape, even if for only 20 mins). If we'd been creating chances, making their keeper work etc, then it'd be a different story, but we were utterly lame

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 30 Oct 2017 10:53

bobby1413
Theroyalbox Don't understand the critics of Blackett he's solid defensively gets forward well and puts a great ball in the box - a lot of the time I think its a case of his teammates letting him down.

I never really criticise a player or single them out, but Blackett makes me furious.

I've said before that he just seems completely lost. He dithers around, he trots up and down the pitch like he's running through treacle. He looks dazed most of the time.

He continually gives the ball away. He's one of the worst footballers I've seen for Reading in the last couple of years

I often think he gives the ball away because he is one step ahead of the player he is passing too - a lot like Matejoveski was he is creative and encourages attacking creative play from a defensive position.

However saying that maybe I've just caught the wrong end of the blackett stick and he is genuinely just terrible - but I do think he is just a scapegoat

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 30 Oct 2017 10:55

Hound
Theroyalbox Terrible performance, Stam has totally lost his teams identity, there not keeping the ball anymore I can't even work out what they are doing. I still believe he is the right man to take us forward and his interview after the game on BBC Berks gave me the impression that he knows he isn't going to be sacked. However although he got his tactics very wrong sometimes fans have got to appreciate how much the players let him down (Moore the only exception).

actually agree with pretty much all of that. However I'm not sure Gourlay will accept another couple of defeats without tangible signs of improving. He knows football, and he isn't going to be hoodwinked into thinking that display on Saturday was anything other than utter dog muck

Boro was a step back from Norwich, which was a step back imo from Hull (where at least when we had Bod and Obita on, we had proper shape, even if for only 20 mins). If we'd been creating chances, making their keeper work etc, then it'd be a different story, but we were utterly lame

I also agree Gourlay wont have the patience but if Reading win tomorrow Stam buys himself more time and then that slightly easier run of games comes and lets say we win 5/6 and end up in about 10th all this will be forgotten about - but that's just the nature of Reading fans always been very fickle.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 30 Oct 2017 11:00

Theroyalbox I also agree Gourlay wont have the patience but if Reading win tomorrow Stam buys himself more time and then that slightly easier run of games comes and lets say we win 5/6 and end up in about 10th all this will be forgotten about - but that's just the nature of Reading fans always been very fickle.

So losing to all the decent teams but beating the bottom 3rd is what we should be happy with?

Fukk your expectations are low :lol:

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 30 Oct 2017 11:06

John Madejski's Wallet
Theroyalbox I also agree Gourlay wont have the patience but if Reading win tomorrow Stam buys himself more time and then that slightly easier run of games comes and lets say we win 5/6 and end up in about 10th all this will be forgotten about - but that's just the nature of Reading fans always been very fickle.

So losing to all the decent teams but beating the bottom 3rd is what we should be happy with?

Fukk your expectations are low :lol:

Nah there not low there realistic. If you thought Reading were just going to flounce back into the play offs this year or win the league then your expectations are too high. This is a very difficult league and I would rather see Stam have the opportunity to build a team that is capable of challenging in the premiership lets not forget had those penalties gone in this team would have been competing in the premiership maybe with a few improvements, building a team wont happen overnight but Reading fans can't seem to appreciate that and think we should be in the top 6 all year

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 30 Oct 2017 12:09

leon Have you seen us play this season? I have and it's shit anti football.

Genuine question Leon -

What was was your opinion on the Fulham, Bristol City, Villa and Leeds performances?

155 posts