Kermorgant

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Kermorgant

by bcubed » 01 Nov 2017 23:26

Sutekh YAY! Striking problems solved. No need to panic any more

Yann will now regain his mojo and bag another 20 or so this season and Reading will make the PO final again (only to lose in another manner we've not experienced yet of course).

I wonder what that might be?! We must be running out of options!

Lose after being 3-0 up
Last minute winner by their keeper with overhead kick
Referee stops us scoring by getting in the way 3 times. Lose by a solitary own goal

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Nov 2017 23:34

windermereROYAL
Henley Royal 1 Good news still need another striker in January though.

Why? we have Yann Bod with Smith as back up and Mendes when he gets fit. that's the way the club will be looking anyway.

That's not enough.

Bod's far from prolific, Smith us a good way from ready, Mendes is injury prone and barely more experienced than Smith over here and Kermie is mid-30s and coming back from an injury.

We should be looking at Yann as great back up and an example for the younger players in his mid-term future and succession planning for him.

double d

by double d » 02 Nov 2017 05:59

Nomad_Royal
Y21 *cough* Jason Roberts *cough*

I hope not but yes that is a possible downside

Is it a similar injury?

double d

by double d » 02 Nov 2017 06:02

bcubed
Sutekh YAY! Striking problems solved. No need to panic any more

Yann will now regain his mojo and bag another 20 or so this season and Reading will make the PO final again (only to lose in another manner we've not experienced yet of course).

I wonder what that might be?! We must be running out of options!

Lose after being 3-0 up
Last minute winner by their keeper with overhead kick
Referee stops us scoring by getting in the way 3 times. Lose by a solitary own goal

Last minute after we are 3-0 up and pegged back to 3-2. Swift goes for a 50/50 tackle in the centre circle, ball flies up to alukos forehead and hits him and flies 59 yards in to our goal to get to 3-3. 124th minute, mannone goes to throw the ball out to gunter and swings his arm all the way round and it goes in

Nomad_Royal

by Nomad_Royal » 02 Nov 2017 07:46

double d
Nomad_Royal
Y21 *cough* Jason Roberts *cough*

I hope not but yes that is a possible downside

Is it a similar injury?

I like Kermogant, I am really happy that, if he is fit and able to retain that fitness, he has signed a new contract. However he is coming back from a fairly long layoff and he is no spring chicken, I would suggest that before offering him a new contract the club at least makes sure, over a few games, that he is able to be fully match fit consistently.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Nov 2017 08:27

agree the timing is a little odd, but must suggest the injury had fully healed

It may have been the case that Yann needed to make a decision about his future fairly quickly for personal reasons, i.e. kids about to start school or something,

Either way, haven't seen anything to suggest he is any less likely to stay fit than any of our other players. He managed to get through a massive workload last year without breaking down or even looking close to burn out - in fact he got better as the season went on

Davezk

by Davezk » 02 Nov 2017 09:11

Lose after being 4-0 up you mean

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Nov 2017 09:25

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL
Henley Royal 1 Good news still need another striker in January though.

Why? we have Yann Bod with Smith as back up and Mendes when he gets fit. that's the way the club will be looking anyway.

That's not enough.

Bod's far from prolific, Smith us a good way from ready, Mendes is injury prone and barely more experienced than Smith over here and Kermie is mid-30s and coming back from an injury.

We should be looking at Yann as great back up and an example for the younger players in his mid-term future and succession planning for him.

I'd be looking to get 2 decent strikers in at January tbh, 1 at the least.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Nov 2017 10:11

Think we should cut our losses on Mendes tbh. I like JDB, but has to stay fit. I actually quite like the sound of Yann and JDB up front if we went 4-4-2 on occasions

Id bring in one more if Yann and JDB are fit in Jan. 3 CFs should be enough

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Nov 2017 10:24

I reckon this has been the plan all along. Sign a one year contract in the summer knowing that the operation was imminent and pretty much make it break but also knowing that a one year extension was on the table pending a full recovery from the operation.

Also, he didn't play professionally until he was 23 so there's no suggestion he's for the knacker's yard yet.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 02 Nov 2017 12:31

We are a club that tends to give lengthy contracts to anybody whereas Arsenal for example, along with some other clubs, won't offer a contract in excess of 1 year to a player over 30.
It is most unlikely that Yann would get a contract elsewhere after next Summer so I suggest the club didn't have to do it but , if it was felt that committing to another £1 million or so for another year would take pressure off the player meaning a committed person for the next year and a half, so be it.

If it was my business I wouldn't want to gamble this sort of money on an old boy but football doesn't operate in the same way as the world of business.

Whatever, it is good to have him back.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 02 Nov 2017 12:59

Its a known fact he is the next Manager in waiting....

Decision has been made to stick with Stam knowing full well a successful 18 months will lead him to be poached or 18 months of mediocrity - giving Kermorgant this extra year allows him to complete his UEFA Pro Level 5 and take over when the timing is right.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Nov 2017 13:12

paultheroyal Its a known fact he is the next Manager in waiting....

Decision has been made to stick with Stam knowing full well a successful 18 months will lead him to be poached or 18 months of mediocrity - giving Kermorgant this extra year allows him to complete his UEFA Pro Level 5 and take over when the timing is right.

You're mentally ill. Worryingly so in fact

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 02 Nov 2017 14:57

He's going into some kind of high finance work after football. He said in pre season.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 Nov 2017 17:09

Tilehurstsouthbank
He's going into some kind of high finance work after football. He said in pre season.

A football agent perhaps........

mumbo-jumbo

by mumbo-jumbo » 02 Nov 2017 20:21

Tilehurstsouthbank

And he then discredited this rumour and said he was going in to some kind of property management in France

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 03 Nov 2017 11:51

mumbo-jumbo
Tilehurstsouthbank

And he then discredited this rumour and said he was going in to some kind of property management in France

Either way, he's not going into Football coaching...

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 03 Nov 2017 14:12

Hound Think we should cut our losses on Mendes tbh. I like JDB, but has to stay fit. I actually quite like the sound of Yann and JDB up front if we went 4-4-2 on occasions

Id bring in one more if Yann and JDB are fit in Jan. 3 CFs should be enough

BIB - I actually looked up Mendes on transfermarkt earlier to remind me what his injury was and noticed he's out of contract in the summer. Unless there's a dramatic turnaround I think he'll be released so would imagine we'll be looking at another striker even with Yann staying for another season.

Transfermarkt confirmed it was a knee injury but said he was fit as of 23rd October :? Not sure if that's true or not but I suspect once JDB is fit he'll be struggling to make the bench anyway.