BFTG - Ramming the Rams

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

Re: BFTG - Ramming the Rams

by LWJ » 06 Nov 2017 16:42

Incidentally watching the highlights back - is their first goal offside?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Nov 2017 17:12

It's about even and I think he played the ball slightly backwards. If it is off its incredibly tight and I don't think you can expect a different call.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Nov 2017 20:35

Snowflake Royal It's about even and I think he played the ball slightly backwards. If it is off its incredibly tight and I don't think you can expect a different call.

Agreed. It doesn't look much different, if at all, from Barrow's goal.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 07 Nov 2017 08:38

LWJ Incidentally watching the highlights back - is their first goal offside?

Hi LWJ - I can't see your flag in the screenshot you've posted either...

I will have to deduce from this that you didn't go to the game and are therefore not a proper fan.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 07 Nov 2017 09:59

John Smith
LWJ Incidentally watching the highlights back - is their first goal offside?

Hi LWJ - I can't see your flag in the screenshot you've posted either...

I will have to deduce from this that you didn't go to the game and are therefore not a proper fan.

Is anyone that doesn't attend a certain game 'Not a proper fan' IYO John or is this just a bit of slap and tickle between the two of you? :lol:

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 07 Nov 2017 10:19

Tilehurstsouthbank Is anyone that doesn't attend a certain game 'Not a proper fan' IYO John or is this just a bit of slap and tickle between the two of you? :lol:

He's after a bite as I am attempting to do 100% of away games this year.. :)

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 07 Nov 2017 10:36

LWJ
Tilehurstsouthbank Is anyone that doesn't attend a certain game 'Not a proper fan' IYO John or is this just a bit of slap and tickle between the two of you? :lol:

If that's what he's into. I won't judge...

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Nov 2017 13:03

LWJ

See you at Burton m8 x

DeepReading

by DeepReading » 12 Nov 2017 17:02

I've written some analysis of this game on my new blog (I know :roll:). This first one is pretty entry level so don't expect Spielverlagerung levels of analysis but I hope it provides a new perspective on the game.

(I know its really late but honestly I thought I'd already posted it. I'm clearly not very good at this website.)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Nov 2017 10:58

DeepReading I've written some analysis of this game on my new blog (I know :roll:). This first one is pretty entry level so don't expect Spielverlagerung levels of analysis but I hope it provides a new perspective on the game.

(I know its really late but honestly I thought I'd already posted it. I'm clearly not very good at this website.)

this is great. Really enjoyed reading that, and matches my much less in depth view or considered views of the games

DeepReading

by DeepReading » 14 Nov 2017 10:17

Hound
DeepReading I've written some analysis of this game on my new blog (I know :roll:). This first one is pretty entry level so don't expect Spielverlagerung levels of analysis but I hope it provides a new perspective on the game.

this is great. Really enjoyed reading that, and matches my much less in depth view or considered views of the games

Thanks! Feedback is always appreciated. There should be more for the Wolves game.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Nov 2017 17:30

DeepReading
Hound

Thanks! Feedback is always appreciated. There should be more for the Wolves game.

You should create a new topic for it rather than tag to the end of an old BFTG. Expect most people have missed it