Hob Nob Legend

Re: Reading FC Womens World

by Hound » 18 Mar 2019 09:01

perfect, good chance of the final

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 18 Mar 2019 09:19

I've not seen a lot of the current women's team but has anyone else had the thought that someone like Fran Kirby (know she's gone) would probably be able to do a job for us up front as we're so short for the men's team? Views?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Mar 2019 09:24

My view is that you shouldn't be drinking on a Monday morning.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 18 Mar 2019 10:38

sandman My view is that you shouldn't be drinking on a Monday morning.

:lol: Chance would be a fine thing.

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 18 Mar 2019 11:18

A Frank Irby in the starting 11 wouldn't be noticed surely :D

Royal Bee

by Royal Bee » 18 Mar 2019 11:26

Jackson Corner Are the semis at neutral venues?
Semi final will be at home.

West Ham would have been our preferred opponent, but we have yet to beat them. We drew at their place and lost at ours, so this will be far from easy

Yesterday was a good performance and good that the girls kept going, when they started getting unlucky with the referee – Williams scored direct from a corner and it was disallowed. In the stadium, it wasn’t obvious why! Williams then scored a 30 yard free kick, but it went in off of the defenders arm, so the goal got disallowed and we had another free kick instead. When we got a third for the third time, I looked straight at the referee, hoping he was going to give it. He did NOT signal the goal. He stood on the penalty spot, looking around, as if he didn’t know what to do. He looked at his assistant on the far side, then seemed to look at the Man U bench, but never signalled a goal. He actually looked to me as if he was trying to think of what he could rule it out for. It was a relief when he didn’t do so!

With a goal and a substitution in added time, the referee did add about another minute, so there was still time to be nervous, but it was a good feeling when the final whistle went

Memories of the recent game against Wigan :D

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 18 Mar 2019 12:48

Royal Bee

West Ham would have been our preferred opponent, but we have yet to beat them. We drew at their place and lost at ours, so this will be far from easy

Yesterday was a good performance and good that the girls kept going, when they started getting unlucky with the referee – Williams scored direct from a corner and it was disallowed. In the stadium, it wasn’t obvious why! Williams then scored a 30 yard free kick, but it went in off of the defenders arm, so the goal got disallowed and we had another free kick instead. When we got a third for the third time, I looked straight at the referee, hoping he was going to give it. He did NOT signal the goal. He stood on the penalty spot, looking around, as if he didn’t know what to do. He looked at his assistant on the far side, then seemed to look at the Man U bench, but never signalled a goal. He actually looked to me as if he was trying to think of what he could rule it out for. It was a relief when he didn’t do so!

With a goal and a substitution in added time, the referee did add about another minute, so there was still time to be nervous, but it was a good feeling when the final whistle went

I was listening on radio Manchester and they had no idea why Fara Williams goal was disallowed. When I watch the women’s football show the refereeing is atrocious. Anyway I will go to the semi. Be nice if they could play it at the Mad Stad.?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 18 Mar 2019 12:55

Jackson Corner
Royal Bee

I was listening on radio Manchester and they had no idea why Fara Williams goal was disallowed. When I watch the women’s football show the refereeing is atrocious. Anyway I will go to the semi. Be nice if they could play it at the Mad Stad.?

It will be at Adams park High Wycombe KO 2pm on Sunday April 14th

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 18 Mar 2019 13:25

London Irish are at home on the 14th so cant be switched anyway.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Mar 2019 14:17

2 semi-finals in 3 days U23s vs Bayern on the 12th and the ladies, unprecedented

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 18 Mar 2019 14:33

windermereROYAL 2 semi-finals in 3 days U23s vs Bayern on the 12th and the ladies, unprecedented

U23’s have a match on April 12th but it’s not against Bayern- it’s a league game against Aston Villa at Adams Park. For fear of repeating myself the game against Bayern has to be played BY the 12 th April NOT on it.
Last edited by Royals and Racers on 18 Mar 2019 14:36, edited 1 time in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Mar 2019 14:34

windermereROYAL 2 semi-finals in 3 days U23s vs Bayern on the 12th and the ladies, unprecedented

and perhaps Reading relegated/safe over the same weekend....??

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 18 Mar 2019 20:39

Christ we may end up having an open top bus parade come May!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 19 Mar 2019 13:07

Sunday`s goals from the QF against Man Utd https://www.manutd.com/en/videos/womens-team

Squelchy2507

by Squelchy2507 » 19 Mar 2019 13:33

U23 fixture list on OS shows Bayern game as Wed 10th April - venue tbc

Royal Bee

by Royal Bee » 19 Mar 2019 13:34

Royals and Racers Sunday`s goals from the QF against Man Utd https://www.manutd.com/en/videos/womens-team

Thanks for that
Shame, as I was hoping they would show the two disallowed goals as well

Squelchy2507

by Squelchy2507 » 19 Mar 2019 13:41

Womens FA Cup Semi Final now confirmed for Sun 14th April at Adam's Park, Wycombe. KO 12:30

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 19 Mar 2019 13:44

Squelchy2507

U23 fixture list on OS shows Bayern game as Wed 10th April - venue tbc

It has to be played at the Madstad- seems a bit of a silly night to play it - up against live coverage on SKY of our game at Norwich.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Mar 2019 17:20

Both semi-finals live on bbc. we are behind the red button. 12.30.

1848 posts