305 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (a) sponsored by 12 Parkinsons

by RoyalBlue » 22 Nov 2017 19:36

Reading4eva
alfie9 Boton were very poor. A draw is not good enough, regardless of the circumstances

LMAO at Alfie almost winning it in the 95th minute. That would've been a meltdown worth savoring.

Exactly. Stam needs the boot. Bring Pulis or Big Sam in. Not pretty but they get the results the dirty way

Maybe I've missed the windup. Both of those lost their jobs because they couldn't even get results the dirty way!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Nov 2017 19:42

Ascotexgunner Pullis being out of work is worrying......especially as hes linked with the Wales job, but if this gets worse and we are left in a big hole, he might be a better option. Would love Pardew back though.

Pulis was absolutely detested by West Brom fans and the only reason he hasn't been in charge of a relegated PL team is he's just been fired!

Pardew???!! :roll: The lying bastard who screwed the club far more than McGhee ever did? The guy who told fans he loved RFC and wanted to be with the club for a very long time when in all probability he was already screwing around (fig) with Brooking? A manager who seemingly can't keep his dick in his trousers and causes issues because of it? Suddenly Pulis isn't looking so bad after all! :twisted:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Nov 2017 19:53

I got a good laugh out of the match thread.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Nov 2017 20:14

Any debate where he should be playing now? bench on Saturday then obviously.

Leandro Bacuna vs. Bolton:

Most touches (93)
Most passes (68)
Most tackles (4)
Most interceptions (4)
Scored the equaliser

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Nov 2017 20:24

Snowflake Royal
leon
Snowflake Royal Yes, there's a whole lot of the usual idiots on this thread grinning and thinking they look really clever with egg dripping down their stupid faces.

Come on then lads, name names.

Obviously dd as a starter.

Have a read of pages 5 through 9 etc

Strap, Reading4eva, Royal_jimmy, Ascotexgunner.

DD is increasingly obviously Kes's halfwitted bastard child.

The normally decent CountryRoyal seems like he could do with a break from football for a while too.

Royalblue was surprisingly a voice of reason and sense. But then the conversation didn't involve Madejski.

How exactly did I wreck this thread? Are we as fans now allowed to criticize what is turning out to be an awful season, and it isn't over yet. Yep I'm Stam out because if we are not careful he could damage this club big time. All I hear above is Derby and Forest........what about the 9 losses where we have been nothing short of pathetic. He's blown our money on players many of whome are not up to this level, or maybe not even allowed to settle because Tinkerman appears to be clueless in his team selection. He's got some good players....I love Beerens, he gets so much stick but its not his fault. Many of the players look like rabbits in headlights......there's only one person to point at for that......the manager. You know I hate managers like Pullis and Warnock but I'd take them any day over Stam. Something is horribly wrong in the dressing room and we all know what it is.......I love the championship, I couldn't care less if we went up or not most of the time, but to drop to this level of crap football and 20th is just depressing, and worrying. I never even felt like this with Bodgers.....

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Nov 2017 20:29

We're 19th for a start, I know it's nit-picking but it's not hard to look at a league table.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Nov 2017 20:30

Ascotexgunner
Snowflake Royal
leon
Come on then lads, name names.

Obviously dd as a starter.

Have a read of pages 5 through 9 etc

The normally decent CountryRoyal seems like he could do with a break from football for a while too.

Royalblue was surprisingly a voice of reason and sense. But then the conversation didn't involve Madejski.

How exactly did I wreck this thread? Are we as fans now allowed to criticize what is turning out to be an awful season, and it isn't over yet. Yep I'm Stam out because if we are not careful he could damage this club big time. All I hear above is Derby and Forest........what about the 9 losses where we have been nothing short of pathetic. He's blown our money on players many of whome are not up to this level, or maybe not even allowed to settle because Tinkerman appears to be clueless in his team selection. He's got some good players....I love Beerens, he gets so much stick but its not his fault. Many of the players look like rabbits in headlights......there's only one person to point at for that......the manager. You know I hate managers like Pullis and Warnock but I'd take them any day over Stam. Something is horribly wrong in the dressing room and we all know what it is.......I love the championship, I couldn't care less if we went up or not most of the time, but to drop to this level of crap football and 20th is just depressing, and worrying. I never even felt like this with Bodgers.....

By all means have a rant, but get your facts right, did you leave this thread when we were losing and you still believe we lost? its 8 defeats, not 9, and we are sitting in 19th not 20th.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Nov 2017 20:36

windermereROYAL
Ascotexgunner
Snowflake Royal Have a read of pages 5 through 9 etc

By all means have a rant, but get your facts right, did you leave this thread when we were losing and you still believe we lost? its 8 defeats, not 9, and we are sitting in 19th not 20th.

Pretty much went to bed at 2-1 thought the game was over I'll admit......thank god I didn't witness the a-holes who shouted another penalty ....but there you are. Had we been at home I'd have stayed the 90.......but I'm so fed up with what I've been witnessing......

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Nov 2017 21:10

Ascotexgunner
windermereROYAL
Ascotexgunner

Pretty much went to bed at 2-1 thought the game was over I'll admit......thank god I didn't witness the a-holes who shouted another penalty ....but there you are. Had we been at home I'd have stayed the 90.......but I'm so fed up with what I've been witnessing......

We had a rubbish start to the season, everyone agrees on that

But the last 4 games have been entertaining, been lots of goals and chances and we’ve beaten two good teams, lost to an excellent one, and got an away point against a poor team or reasonable form

People just need to calm down a bit

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Nov 2017 21:16

W3 D1 L3 in the last 7

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Nov 2017 21:28

There’s more to it than just a few hot heads complaining about some losses. People are genuinely fcuked off.

I’ve a friend who for the last 20 years or so has been the annoying voice of reason to my trigger happy lunatic but he was texting Stam out yesterday.

Personally the jury is still out. I’m just not seeing the great improvement in approach that others are just yet. Certain issues are still causing us pain and Stam hasn’t fixed them.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 22 Nov 2017 22:27

Looked at the table last night

We had won just 5 games

3 wins against last night's top 7
4 wins against last night's top 9

how weird is that?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Nov 2017 06:43

Don’t mind people complaining, and happy to read what people who want a change of manager have to say

Of course people are a bit pissed off - I don’t disagree. It’s just people posting utter reactionary nonsense and making a thread unreadable that is the issue

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 23 Nov 2017 08:02

Ascotexgunner
windermereROYAL
Ascotexgunner

It's a good job the team whose dressing room you seem to think has such a problem doesn't give up as easily as you do.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 23 Nov 2017 08:15

leon There’s more to it than just a few hot heads complaining about some losses. People are genuinely fcuked off.

I’ve a friend who for the last 20 years or so has been the annoying voice of reason to my trigger happy lunatic but he was texting Stam out yesterday.

Personally the jury is still out. I’m just not seeing the great improvement in approach that others are just yet. Certain issues are still causing us pain and Stam hasn’t fixed them.

I think the issue of individual errors is still haunting us and needs to be addressed but a few weeks ago people were crying about our lack of penetration and goals. We've scored 10 in the last 4 against 4 "in form" teams and the one blank we drew we hit the woodwork twice and the keeper made at least one wonder save. I just think people have already made up their mind over Stam and how they perceive his playing style is and are simply not prepared to be balanced about it.

Simple facts are we finished 3rd last season.
In the last 4 games we've bagged 7 points and scored 10 goals.
As pointed out earlier by Genome we've taken 10 points from our last 7 games.

Not suggesting everything in the garden is rosy, far from it, but a lot of the comments on this thread regarding Stam & the team are hysterically OTT in my opinion.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Nov 2017 08:27

Vision
leon There’s more to it than just a few hot heads complaining about some losses. People are genuinely fcuked off.

I think the issue of individual errors is still haunting us and needs to be addressed but a few weeks ago people were crying about our lack of penetration and goals. We've scored 10 in the last 4 against 4 "in form" teams and the one blank we drew we hit the woodwork twice and the keeper made at least one wonder save. I just think people have already made up their mind over Stam and how they perceive his playing style is and are simply not prepared to be balanced about it.

Not suggesting everything in the garden is rosy, far from it, but a lot of the comments on this thread regarding Stam & the team are hysterically OTT in my opinion.

All fair points Vision.

The last 4 games we’ve also conceded 6. Even last season we were shipping far too many. That demonstrates a problem Stam seems unable to fix.

This seems to be more than just unlegislatable errors to me. I think we need to improve our coaching.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 23 Nov 2017 08:54

leon
Vision

All fair points Vision.

The last 4 games we’ve also conceded 6. Even last season we were shipping far too many. That demonstrates a problem Stam seems unable to fix.

This seems to be more than just unlegislatable errors to me. I think we need to improve our coaching.

The two things go hand in hand though. We've been playing sides that for the most part (Bolton aside) have come to play. It suits us better. And yes the big question mark over the team (and Stam) is that we still struggle to break down the sides that drop off with 10 men behind the ball.

I think we can both agree that a lot of the complaints have been about "entertainment". I don't think anyone can complain about lack of entertainment if we take the last 4 games as a whole with 17 goals scored in total. Yet the same people will now complain about how many we're conceding in that period. I may be setting us up for a fall here but actually I don't see us getting a mauling like we did in a few games last season. I do think we've actually improved defensively this season when you consider Al Habsi was our POTS last season and spared our defensive blushes in several games.

Of course there are areas of concern with Stam and it's right to point them out but I think he's still a novice manager and given what state we were in when he joined some of the vitriolic abuse on this thread ( HI Strap! ;-) ) is just ridiculous really.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Nov 2017 08:55

Hound Don’t mind people complaining, and happy to read what people who want a change of manager have to say

Of course people are a bit pissed off - I don’t disagree. It’s just people posting utter reactionary nonsense and making a thread unreadable that is the issue

+1.

As I have said at the time, people's concerns about the manager are well founded and completely understandable. I'm not quite Stam Out just yet, but I'll have a clearer idea after these next two home games as to whether those performances against Forest and Derby were just a flash in the pan.

It's just the hysterics on here that piss me off almost as much as the team have this season.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Nov 2017 09:07

Vision
leon
Vision

All fair points Vision.

The two things go hand in hand though. We've been playing sides that for the most part (Bolton aside) have come to play. It suits us better. And yes the big question mark over the team (and Stam) is that we still struggle to break down the sides that drop off with 10 men behind the ball.

I think we can both agree that a lot of the complaints have been about "entertainment". I don't think anyone can complain about lack of entertainment if we take the last 4 games as a whole with 17 goals scored in total. Yet the same people will now complain about how many we're conceding in that period. I may be setting us up for a fall here but actually I don't see us getting a mauling like we did in a few games last season. I do think we've actually improved defensively this season when you consider Al Habsi was our POTS last season and spared our defensive blushes in several games.

Of course there are areas of concern with Stam and it's right to point them out but I think he's still a novice manager and given what state we were in when he joined some of the vitriolic abuse on this thread ( HI Strap! ;-) ) is just ridiculous really.

There’s also Stams team selections that don’t seem to help - constantly chopping and changing that I don’t think has helped at all.

But on balance I think what we’re saying here is hopefully the run up to Xmas will see us continue to play more effective football whilst improving our resilience.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 23 Nov 2017 11:04

I can't believe people aren't seeing improvements in performances, I'd say derby forest and wolves are probably 3 performances that were better than any last season. The more and more I read this forum the more I think about how clueless most people are. It's a tough league, hard games every week but if you win 5 on the bounce you will fire up the table and Reading look more than capable sometimes

305 posts