MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (a) sponsored by 12 Parkinsons

305 posts
bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (a) sponsored by 12 Parkinsons

by bcubed » 22 Nov 2017 09:08

Maneki Neko
Sutekh Utterly awful dross. Almost lost to Bolton who did absolutely nothing at all for nearly all the game.

Really looks like the club are having the season they should have had last season this season.

Jaap is keeping his head above the water at the moment and while that may turn out to be sufficient to keep the club up this season will it be sufficient for him to still be manager by the summer?

:roll:

Performances lasts season werent great
I can't remember how many games I came away from thinking how did we win that or how did we not lose that?

We were arguably better defensively but AAH kept us in so many games and Kermy's contributions were huge at both ends.

Otherwise it was similarly dull football, tediously slow possession and if anything slower than this year

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Nov 2017 09:24

bcubed
Maneki Neko
Sutekh Utterly awful dross. Almost lost to Bolton who did absolutely nothing at all for nearly all the game.

Really looks like the club are having the season they should have had last season this season.

Jaap is keeping his head above the water at the moment and while that may turn out to be sufficient to keep the club up this season will it be sufficient for him to still be manager by the summer?

:roll:

Performances lasts season werent great
I can't remember how many games I came away from thinking how did we win that or how did we not lose that?

We were arguably better defensively but AAH kept us in so many games and Kermy's contributions were huge at both ends.

Otherwise it was similarly dull football, tediously slow possession and if anything slower than this year

I wouldn't say the football has been dull recently. Something switched against Forest, and the games since have had chances, quick movement, goals and good attacking football. Been 16 goals in the last 4 games.

I think Stam is learning, albeit still making mistakes. I think he still makes too many changes to try to match up against the oppo - hence why Richards didn't play and Blackett prob chosen due to his aerial strength.

The midfield looks in good shape now, bar Swift's injury, and Aluko and Barrow are being used properly and look dangerous and exciting. I think he'll play Bod/Yann as long as they are fully fit

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 22 Nov 2017 09:40

People saying about Bolton being poor, I think any away point in the championship is good, at the moment it is our home form that is letting us down, and really has been the difference between this and last season. Not going to look how many home games we have lost but if you transfer just 3 of them into wins then a win in our game in hand would take us into the playoffs.

think the team showed good character tonight to come back from 2-0 down and people who are moaning about Stam not playing a striker just clearly don't understand/have selective hearing - JDB only had 20 minutes in the tank and he played all of them - Yann - absent, Smith - injured.

Still think we are on the way up and 6 points from Barnsley and Wednesday would go a long way to shutting some of the muppets up

Basildon

by Basildon » 22 Nov 2017 10:16

Theroyalbox People saying about Bolton being poor, I think any away point in the championship is good, at the moment it is our home form that is letting us down, and really has been the difference between this and last season. Not going to look how many home games we have lost but if you transfer just 3 of them into wins then a win in our game in hand would take us into the playoffs.

think the team showed good character tonight to come back from 2-0 down and people who are moaning about Stam not playing a striker just clearly don't understand/have selective hearing - JDB only had 20 minutes in the tank and he played all of them - Yann - absent, Smith - injured.

Still think we are on the way up and 6 points from Barnsley and Wednesday would go a long way to shutting some of the muppets up

+1

People seem to forget that the football we've been playing in recent weeks has been a huge improvement. Wolves we were unlucky not to get at least a point and a draw at Bolton shouldn't be enough for people to be calling for Stam's head again.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Nov 2017 10:22

Theroyalbox People saying about Bolton being poor, I think any away point in the championship is good, at the moment it is our home form that is letting us down, and really has been the difference between this and last season. Not going to look how many home games we have lost but if you transfer just 3 of them into wins then a win in our game in hand would take us into the playoffs.

The muppets strangely disappear when we win, I find it staggering they were nowhere when we beat Forest and Derby but strangely spring back to life when we lose against Wolves and draw last night against a team clearly improving.
Of course there are faults, no denying it, we need to be much stronger at the back. needing to score at least 2 to win a game is clearly holding us back.
The striker issue just must be addressed in January. and a good strong CB, McShane just doesn't look up to it anymore.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 22 Nov 2017 10:34

windermereROYAL

The muppets strangely disappear when we win, I find it staggering they were nowhere when we beat Forest and Derby but strangely spring back to life when we lose against Wolves and draw last night against a team clearly improving.
Of course there are faults, no denying it, we need to be much stronger at the back. needing to score at least 2 to win a game is clearly holding us back.
The striker issue just must be addressed in January. and a good strong CB, McShane just doesn't look up to it anymore.

Agreed, the fans are so fickle a win against Wednesday on sat and all of a sudden that's 10 points from 5 not a bad return at all.

Think I have mentioned about McShane on here earlier this season although he did have a decent game against Notts Forest - hes slow his passing is poor and Liam Moore may as well be playing by himself. I would much prefer to have Illori RCB Moore CB Blackett LCB.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 22 Nov 2017 10:45

double d I can feel a winner coming. Stam is.a.god!!!!

oxf*rd sake you were lambasting the oxf*rd out of him when we were losing. You really are Special K aren't you. :roll:

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 22 Nov 2017 12:41

From Despair To Where?
TiagoIlori One thing- McShane is really lacking in pace and it’s starting to worry me, is he past it now? Seems a shadow of himself last year, although with those injuries and his age I really shouldn’t be so surprised

I was surprised that McShane was given a year extension.

Given Blackett's relative solidity in the middle, it would make sense going forward to concentrate on Moore/Ilori/Blackett as the CB trio with Andresson as cover, especially now with Richards showing potential at LB and a Gunter/Bacuna combination at LB/RB also working.

Personally I thought he was worth keeping for another year, an experienced centre back that can be used off the pitch to help the younger lads and to also just motivate the team but Stam must’ve known that he’d lose some of his already limited pace and really should’ve replaced him this summer if you ask me

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Nov 2017 13:52

TiagoIlori
From Despair To Where?
TiagoIlori One thing- McShane is really lacking in pace and it’s starting to worry me, is he past it now? Seems a shadow of himself last year, although with those injuries and his age I really shouldn’t be so surprised

Given Blackett's relative solidity in the middle, it would make sense going forward to concentrate on Moore/Ilori/Blackett as the CB trio with Andresson as cover, especially now with Richards showing potential at LB and a Gunter/Bacuna combination at LB/RB also working.

Personally I thought he was worth keeping for another year, an experienced centre back that can be used off the pitch to help the younger lads and to also just motivate the team but Stam must’ve known that he’d lose some of his already limited pace and really should’ve replaced him this summer if you ask me

I thought he was offered an extension to 2019 or am I confusing him with someone else?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Nov 2017 14:26

Hound Some people on here need to take a long hard look at themselves. Completely wrecked this thread and I ended up just following JLow instead

We obv need to play a striker - but you can’t just throw Bod in for a full game when he is coming back from a calf strain - unless you want him to be out for another month. Really hope Yann was just rested

Anyway a useful point if ultimately a disappointing result. Sounds like it was entertaining fair in the end, so a step up for the crap of Millwall etc

Yes, there's a whole lot of the usual idiots on this thread grinning and thinking they look really clever with egg dripping down their stupid faces.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Nov 2017 16:43

Snowflake Royal
Hound Some people on here need to take a long hard look at themselves. Completely wrecked this thread and I ended up just following JLow instead

We obv need to play a striker - but you can’t just throw Bod in for a full game when he is coming back from a calf strain - unless you want him to be out for another month. Really hope Yann was just rested

Anyway a useful point if ultimately a disappointing result. Sounds like it was entertaining fair in the end, so a step up for the crap of Millwall etc

Yes, there's a whole lot of the usual idiots on this thread grinning and thinking they look really clever with egg dripping down their stupid faces.

Come on then lads, name names.

Obviously dd as a starter.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 22 Nov 2017 16:44

From Despair To Where?
TiagoIlori
From Despair To Where?

I thought he was offered an extension to 2019 or am I confusing him with someone else?

I meant another year after this year, he’s the kind of player you need in the dressing room

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Nov 2017 17:03

leon
Snowflake Royal

Have a read of pages 5 through 9 etc

Strap, Reading4eva, Royal_jimmy, Ascotexgunner.

DD is increasingly obviously Kes's halfwitted bastard child.

The normally decent CountryRoyal seems like he could do with a break from football for a while too.

Royalblue was surprisingly a voice of reason and sense. But then the conversation didn't involve Madejski.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Nov 2017 17:44

Well the dd and Heinz show was particularly annoying

Plus all the other Rabid Stam out crew weren’t great reading

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Nov 2017 17:58

Hound Well the dd and Heinz show was particularly annoying

Bloody annoying for anyone following the game on this thread, bloody hilarious having us think we had another pen and then scored the winner. the informant used to do that, wonder what his new name is? Heinz maybe?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Nov 2017 18:08

Snowflake Royal The normally decent CountryRoyal seems like he could do with a break from football for a while too.

You're not wrong mate.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Nov 2017 18:21

The whole thread has been embarrassing, from the trolling to the pant-wetting and toy-throwing before the game had even finished. It's the worst I've seen The Team board.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Nov 2017 18:56

genome

The whole thread has been embarrassing, from the trolling to the pant-wetting and toy-throwing before the game had even finished. It's the worst I've seen The Team board.

Twitter and facebook are far worse, I was thinking I dreamt the real result and we lost 4-0 this morning. are Hull fans like this?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Nov 2017 19:29

Snowflake Royal
leon
Snowflake Royal Yes, there's a whole lot of the usual idiots on this thread grinning and thinking they look really clever with egg dripping down their stupid faces.

Have a read of pages 5 through 9 etc

Strap, Reading4eva, Royal_jimmy, Ascotexgunner.

DD is increasingly obviously Kes's halfwitted bastard child.

The normally decent CountryRoyal seems like he could do with a break from football for a while too.

Royalblue was surprisingly a voice of reason and sense. But then the conversation didn't involve Madejski.

The King is dead!

As I always stated, I support a team, not a club's business managers (though sometimes I might give credit where it's really due).

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Nov 2017 19:30

strap Funny how when the two dead woods are replaced, and we bring on a striker, we actually start playing.

Stam is clearly blind.

Surely if he was blind, he wouldn't change things when they're not working?

305 posts