Mad Stad 500th Game

WAZZOCK

Mad Stad 500th Game

by WAZZOCK » 20 Nov 2017 21:24

Our final home fixture of 2017 will see us host Burton Albion on Saturday 23rd December, kick-off 3pm – and it will be the 500th fixture held at Madejski Stadium since the turnstiles first revolved and the stands first filled for a curtain-raiser against Luton Town on Saturday 22nd August 1998.

Since that 3-0 victory, this stadium has played stage to so many memorable games, some of the greatest footballers in the world, goals, saves and close shaves which have become permanently lodged in all our memories…and not to mention a couple of fairytale finishes to promotion-winning campaigns that took us to the promised land and to our highest ever finish in history.

Our festive fixture against the Brewers will be a hive of ‘Madejski 500’ activity – and to kick start what we hope will be an almighty celebration of an era which has been by far the most successful in Reading Football Club’s 146-year story so far, we are opening all four stands to all supporters, home and away, FOR JUST 500p!

For the avoidance of doubt, the 500th fixture has included our matches in the league (first, second and third tier of English football), the FA Cup, the League Cup, the Football League Trophy (as a first team competition only) and a number of play-off matches! And we want as many people here as possible to mark the occasion!

So match tickets for all ages, throughout the whole stadium (excluding hospitality), are just 500 pence! That includes a maximum price of a fiver for all Burton supporters who would like to be part of the celebration and follow their team’s fortunes in RG2 next month! And tickets are ON SALE NOW!

And Season Ticket Holders will also get reward for cheering us on against the Brewers next month! We will issue 50 Royals Rewards points to every single Season Ticket holders who comes to the game – and, of those in attendance on the day of the game, 500 will be randomly selected to receive an additional 500 bonus Royals Rewards points on their card!

The atmosphere at Madejski Stadium has been so special when it has been packed to the rafters for unforgettable occasions across the 496 games which have been played here in the last 19 and a half years – most recently who will forget how our fans helped Jaap Stam’s side reach Wembley in an intense but exhilarating play-off semi-final second leg win over Fulham back in May. And we want as many fans here as possible to help create more memories in our 500th fixture!

Ticket News
Twenty is still plenty
25 September 2017
There will be a whole host of activities planned for what is set to be a landmark game in the club’s recent history – so please make sure you stay tuned to the official website and our social media streams for information about what #Madejski500 is going to make happen on Saturday 23rd December.

But for now, all we need from you is to put the date in your diary and to part with a fiver! With the Christmas weekend following the fixture, this is the perfect way to start the festive party early amongst your Royals friends and family! So, for just £5, we’d urge everyone to book a seat at Madejski Stadium, to back the boys and to make some noise!

You can buy your ticket now…

Online: visit http://www.readingfcdirect.co.uk
By phone: ring our Ticket Office on 0118 968 1313
In person: visit the Ticket Office at Madejski Stadium during our opening hours

As a club, we are truly committed to affordable football. Anyone purchasing a ticket for our next home match against Sheffield Wednesday this weekend will also be offered a FREE seat for a midweek home match against Barnsley just three days later!

Ticket News
See two matches for the price of one in our Yorkshire Double Header!
3 October 2017
And, for the second season, we have demonstrated how passionately we feel that ‘Twenty’s Plenty’ – for the second successive campaign we have kept to our promise that allows both home and away fans to purchase a ticket at Madejski Stadium for a maximum of £20 in RG2!

And we care about the fans who travel up and down the country too – earlier this season the club laid on free coach travel to Bramall Lane for our first team fixture against Sheffield United.

So do not miss #Madejski500! Share the hashtag on social media and tell your friends, your family, strangers in the street – together let’s make the Madejski rock in its final home fixture of the calendar year!

You can buy your ticket now…

Online: visit http://www.readingfcdirect.co.uk
By phone: ring our Ticket Office on 0118 968 1313
In person: visit the Ticket Office at Madejski Stadium during our opening hours

Well done RFC, another superb offer. Let’s hope that take up is good.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Mad Stad 500th Game

by bobby1413 » 20 Nov 2017 21:26

LordCKS This is a complete joke. This club is a total disgrace

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 21 Nov 2017 08:18

bobby1413

By their words shall ye know them

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Nov 2017 10:00

yeah its a fine offer by the club again

its a bit of a duff game, but being right by Christmas hopefully get a turn out worthy of the offer

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Nov 2017 10:02

The people who are moaning are the same blokes who will moan if no-one turns up and there is no atmosphere.

Go figure

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 21 Nov 2017 11:22

Great gesture. For what otherwise could be a poorly attended game.

Shame ticket prices aren't lower across the board throughout the season

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 21 Nov 2017 11:28

genome The people who are moaning are the same blokes who will moan if no-one turns up and there is no atmosphere.

Go figure

LordCKS would say (in fact he has said), he paid for his ticket at a different price. You wouldn't expect to pay for a Ferrari and then find out a few months later that others are offered the same car for far less.

(I'm not sure the words "hateful, miserable, horrible cnut" really does him justice)

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 21 Nov 2017 12:02

bobby1413

#twitterlol

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Nov 2017 13:59

[list=][/list]
bobby1413
genome The people who are moaning are the same blokes who will moan if no-one turns up and there is no atmosphere.

Go figure

LordCKS would say (in fact he has said), he paid for his ticket at a different price. You wouldn't expect to pay for a Ferrari and then find out a few months later that others are offered the same car for far less.

(I'm not sure the words "hateful, miserable, horrible cnut" really does him justice)

Was their ticket an individual purchase or as part of a season ticket. If it's the latter then that comparison isn't accurate. More like that you've paid a good price for a complete collection of Pink Floyd albums and then found out the same supplier are offering people a copy of Wish You Were Here at a fraction of the average cost.

As an ST holder myself I'm all for things like this as long the average price per game remains cheaper than not being an ST holder.

Now let's get the atmosphere cracking on the day and try and sell out completely. Mind you can't help but think loads of people will still choose to/be made to go xmas shopping instead.

Generally very appreciative at the Burton end of things as well...

http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thre ... ket-prices

Basildon

by Basildon » 21 Nov 2017 14:47

Sutekh [list=][/list]
bobby1413

Go figure

Was their ticket an individual purchase or as part of a season ticket. If it's the latter then that comparison isn't accurate. More like that you've paid a good price for a complete collection of Pink Floyd albums and then found out the same supplier are offering people a copy of Wish You Were Here at a fraction of the average cost.

As an ST holder myself I'm all for things like this as long the average price per game remains cheaper than not being an ST holder.

Now let's get the atmosphere cracking on the day and try and sell out completely. Mind you can't help but think loads of people will still choose to/be made to go xmas shopping instead.

Anyone know what Ian Royal did to piss the guy off on the Burton board?! :lol: :lol:

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 21 Nov 2017 15:03

Sutekh [list=][/list]
bobby1413

Go figure

Nice to see Ian get a mention. :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Nov 2017 15:39

Ha, Ian as popular on there as he is on here

People from Burton calling Reading a sh!thole though. Following people from Wolverhampton calling Reading a sh!thole. In comparison to those 2 glamour destinations, it really really isn't.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 21 Nov 2017 16:32

Hound Ha, Ian as popular on there as he is on here

People from Burton calling Reading a sh!thole though. Following people from Wolverhampton calling Reading a sh!thole. In comparison to those 2 glamour destinations, it really really isn't.

They also seem to have their "there is no offer so good I can't find a reason to moan about it" fan.

Bloke is moaning because more Burton fans will go to Reading for that game rather than supporting a non-league team as they might normally do when away.

Or something.

Couldn't quite work out what he was on about, to be fair. Maybe somebody here can translate?

That's it then no ground improvements for us, Most round my area join in the spirit of football and go and watch a non league game, Back to grass roots stuff.
We are a championship club surviving on 3000 fans most paying the cheapest ticket in this league, the playing squad performing 5 years in advance of the infrastructure ,We cannot supply enough away tickets for demand, and standing a memory many of the modern fans cannot remember.
A club of premiership standards, and wealth we can only dream off offers a xmas deal, to claw back a missing few thousand fans.
This club was in the play offs last year after 2 semi final games, and a playoff final at Wembley. netting millions.
I suggest the spirit of football--starts with the premiership, and all championship clubs with capacity of 30 plus thousand, and multi millionaire owners.
While we struggle with limited resources to bring the Pirelli up to Championship standard, for our eventual return for a sustained period.
Or we could still be here next year again struggling against superior odds.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 21 Nov 2017 17:33

Not sure why season ticket holders are complaining though, they know for a fact that Reading do these type of offers and it’s a nice one off to Reading fans that can’t afford to go all the time- £20 isn’t that much in comparison to what they save per game with a season ticket. If £20 really does tip their finances down then I don’t think they should be getting a season ticket!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Nov 2017 17:35

Also the ST was offered at the price whether we went up or not at the time, which was very generous

It’s not just about cost either - it’s convenience and making sure you have a half decent seat every game

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Nov 2017 18:18

Wasn't the whole Ian Royal thing around the time someone was supposedly going on opposition forums and pretending to be him?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 22 Nov 2017 07:03

bobby1413

Go figure

Their gain is not his loss.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Nov 2017 07:45

Fair play to the club.

As an aside issue I do dislike so many modern day landmark celebrations as they are forced and not something that anyone would normally celebrate.

'and that's his 50th goal for the club.....at home...in the league....in midweek games, he must be pleased to reach the landmark' etc

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Nov 2017 13:51

Basildon
Sutekh [list=][/list]
bobby1413

Anyone know what Ian Royal did to piss the guy off on the Burton board?! :lol: :lol:

I'm assuming some dullard created an Ian Royal account on their board on a deliberate wind up.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Nov 2017 14:17

Great gesture by the club and couldn't really care less that tickets are £5 which is less than the average of what I pay as a ST holder.

The crux of it means, that rather than just me and my uncle going, my dad, my step dad, my uncle and a few friends are coming and we are all going out for a curry and beer after the game. Happy days.