BFTG -Bolton

marlowuk

Re: BFTG -Bolton

by marlowuk » 24 Nov 2017 01:07

leon
Royal Rother He is perfectly articulate he just never actually says anything. Apart from:

Before the game -

No matter where they are in the table (they could be 15 points adrift at the bottom) the opposition are always a good team, with good strong players who carry a threat.

It is always our job to set up to deal with their threats and to create our own chances as well.

And not make mistakes.

After the game -

However shite we have been we have always had our own chances but if you don't take those chances when they come your way you can't win football matches.

However utterly shite the opposition have been, they always carried a threat, because we know they are a good team.

And on and on and on and on.

I like articulacy but I also quite like to hear something truthful and mildly interesting occasionally. With Stam we are never ever going to get that.

I like him, but I don't like him as RFC's manager.

Hardly the worst though.

I agree and, in evidence, point to Brendan Rogers and Nigel Adkins!

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 24 Nov 2017 13:58

Royal Rother
Oilroyal
Steven Reid left the club suddenly in July which can only be seen as an influential loss to the team when measured against this seasons performances. Personally I believe SR was the link between the players and Stam last season. So far this season (from live media interviews) Stam has not displayed himself as an effective communicator, I think this is where SR worked, and worked in favour of the team. Begs the question why he left!

Well as far as his dealings with the media are concerned Stam is the worst communicator I can recall as Reading Manager.

He talks and talks and talks and talks and says absolutely nothing. And it’s the same crap football cliche nonsense week after week after week.

Oh, he’s very polite of course but quite honestly he bores me to tears, as does the football I’ve seen his team play.

I wasn’t necessarily referring to Stam’s pre match and post-match analysis of games, although I agree he uses the same running commentary week in, week out. His words just melt into one long boring instalment. His interviews also come across as a contractual obligation rather than a time for him to connect with fans and local media. The point I was making regarding his communication skill is this; on the very few occasions that Stam’s been questioned over his tactics or any question daring to be derogatory of Stam’s style or decision making has led to the manager hitting out. So, imagine his reaction if a player or coach dared to question him. I can only assume there is no debate with Stam.

Steven Reid is no longer at the club and from what we’re told by the players who are at the club they love working with Stam so if I believe what I hear and read then I can only assume that Stam is a great bloke to work for, so long as you don’t have an opinion.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Nov 2017 15:27

bcubed
NewCorkSeth I'm taken aback by how far we regressed in that match. I don't even know what to say about the tactics. We struggled to get forward again and amazingly almost every touch I saw on the attack was heavy. So many heavy through balls and lobs. Its nuts. To me it seemed, save a few players, our players have lost confidence completely.

Jaakola - 5 - Yes he made some good saves towards the end. Boltons goals were savable.
Gunter - 5 - Guilty of many heavy touches. Thought he was very, very poor.
McShane - 6 - Had some good drives forward but wasnt great. I cant remember him making a single tackle?
Moore - 8 - Great player in a very poor defense. Scored and Won a fair amount of aerial challenges.
Blackett - 4 - He is just so much better at attacking than defending. Silly foul followed by some sexy little touches in the opposition half.
Edwards - 6 - Don't know how anyone could choose him as man of the match. Often touched the ball a few feet too far. Anonymous at times.
Swift - N/A - For oxf*rd sake.
Aluko - 7 - Actually not awful. Tactics at fault, not him.
Barrow - 7 - see above. Won penalty.
Beerens - 6 - Didn't see the point in him being there. Silly decision.

Subs:
Clement - 5 - One good tackle. Way off pace in this team. Could be good.
Kelly - 6 - Poor free kick....
Bodvarson - 6 - Got himself about quite a bit. Slow eh?

Bacuna surely deserves a mention?!

:shock: He was my MOTM and everything.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Nov 2017 19:45

Royal Rother He is perfectly articulate he just never actually says anything. Apart from:

Before the game -

No matter where they are in the table (they could be 15 points adrift at the bottom) the opposition are always a good team, with good strong players who carry a threat.

It is always our job to set up to deal with their threats and to create our own chances as well.

And not make mistakes.

“Barnsley are a team who can play good, positive football so it's something for us to be aware of.

"But we need to bring our own game, be competitive and show our quality in how we want to play and go forward and also be clinical as well."