BFTG -Bolton

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG -Bolton

by Hound » 22 Nov 2017 15:37

I think you can generally tell if a team looks like relegation candidates

Against the likes of Hull, Norwich and Boro, we looked like relegation candidates. Since then, we've looked pretty good and picked up points

If we do win that game in hand, we would be 8 clear of relegation. Thats quite a gap really.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Nov 2017 16:03

Snowflake Royal I was there and didn't see any foul for the second. What I did see was Bolton's player having a free header in 5 yards of space in the middle of our area.

Maybe he shoved over Gunter in the build up, but then if that's the case maybe Gunter should be less of a soft useless shite, or only mark soft shite's like him. And there's no point running and crying about it to the ref afterwards either.

Fact is the ref didn't see a foul, the well placed lino didn't see a foul, I didn't see a foul, and no one around me seemed to see a foul so either there wasn't one or it can't have been that obvious. And none of our players dealt with the consequences. Not good enough.

Fairly sure you would've seen it if it was anyone other than Gunter.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Nov 2017 16:09

Hound I think you can generally tell if a team looks like relegation candidates

Against the likes of Hull, Norwich and Boro, we looked like relegation candidates. Since then, we've looked pretty good and picked up points

If we do win that game in hand, we would be 8 clear of relegation. Thats quite a gap really.

Yes but there’s also usually a team that struggles for form is above the relegation zone and drops like a stone.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 22 Nov 2017 16:24

I’m not so sure that Bolton will go down. Yes they were 2nd best for lots of the game and weren’t particuarly creative in open play.....However, Parky clearly has them very well drilled, they all know their job too. They are making the maximum of their limited squad. I would not be surprised to see them stay up. We could easily have lost last night and have ALF to thank for hitting his volley at Jaakkola!

Also, don’t understand why people are moaning about their time wasting. We wasted more time than they did, for example for our goal kicks or free kicks in own half. Several times Jaakkola tried to go short, then changed his mind..... Plus our complete lack of urgency until Kelly came on was frightening! We looked like the team who was 2-0 up the way we were acting!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Nov 2017 16:42

Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal I was there and didn't see any foul for the second. What I did see was Bolton's player having a free header in 5 yards of space in the middle of our area.

Maybe he shoved over Gunter in the build up, but then if that's the case maybe Gunter should be less of a soft useless shite, or only mark soft shite's like him. And there's no point running and crying about it to the ref afterwards either.

Fact is the ref didn't see a foul, the well placed lino didn't see a foul, I didn't see a foul, and no one around me seemed to see a foul so either there wasn't one or it can't have been that obvious. And none of our players dealt with the consequences. Not good enough.

Fairly sure you would've seen it if it was anyone other than Gunter.

I'm afraid you're mistaken.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Nov 2017 22:37

John Smith
Were you at the game LWJ? The camera didn't pan to the away end so I couldn't see your flag

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... n-13936064

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 23 Nov 2017 09:51

Lower West
John Smith
Were you at the game LWJ? The camera didn't pan to the away end so I couldn't see your flag

8)

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Nov 2017 11:03

LWJ
Lower West
John Smith

8)

My god. Enough to put you off ever going to football ever again.

And you travelled all that way on a week night with those creatures.

Do you own a mirror LWJ? Or is your head that far in the sand you wouldn't be able to look in one?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 23 Nov 2017 12:06

John Smith My god. Enough to put you off ever going to football ever again.

Do you own a mirror LWJ? Or is your head that far in the sand you wouldn't be able to look in one?

Are you trying to guess who I am in a crowd? :lol:

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Nov 2017 12:15

LWJ
John Smith My god. Enough to put you off ever going to football ever again.

Are you trying to guess who I am in a crowd? :lol:

No, but I can see who you've chosen to pay money, take time off work and travel the best part of the length of the country to be around on a week night for 90 minutes of "entertainment".

Still, live and let live. Are you living?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 23 Nov 2017 15:09

John Smith No, but I can see who you've chosen to pay money, take time off work and travel the best part of the length of the country to be around on a week night for 90 minutes of "entertainment".

Not entirely sure your point. I enjoy football, can afford to go to as many games as I want and choose to do so.

What's the problem, you seem awfully obsessed?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Nov 2017 15:13

Yeah, JS seems to have some weird beef with you

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Nov 2017 15:28

LWJ
John Smith No, but I can see who you've chosen to pay money, take time off work and travel the best part of the length of the country to be around on a week night for 90 minutes of "entertainment".

Not entirely sure your point. I enjoy football, can afford to go to as many games as I want and choose to do so.

If I was in that situation, I would be doing exactly the same.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Nov 2017 16:05

Oilroyal
Steven Reid left the club suddenly in July which can only be seen as an influential loss to the team when measured against this seasons performances. Personally I believe SR was the link between the players and Stam last season. So far this season (from live media interviews) Stam has not displayed himself as an effective communicator, I think this is where SR worked, and worked in favour of the team. Begs the question why he left!

Well as far as his dealings with the media are concerned Stam is the worst communicator I can recall as Reading Manager.

He talks and talks and talks and talks and says absolutely nothing. And it’s the same crap football cliche nonsense week after week after week.

Oh, he’s very polite of course but quite honestly he bores me to tears, as does the football I’ve seen his team play.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Nov 2017 17:10

Royal Rother
Oilroyal
Steven Reid left the club suddenly in July which can only be seen as an influential loss to the team when measured against this seasons performances. Personally I believe SR was the link between the players and Stam last season. So far this season (from live media interviews) Stam has not displayed himself as an effective communicator, I think this is where SR worked, and worked in favour of the team. Begs the question why he left!

Well as far as his dealings with the media are concerned Stam is the worst communicator I can recall as Reading Manager.

He talks and talks and talks and talks and says absolutely nothing. And it’s the same crap football cliche nonsense week after week after week.

Oh, he’s very polite of course but quite honestly he bores me to tears, as does the football I’ve seen his team play.

Worse than double glazing salesman Adkins? The morose Clarke or wnaker in chief Rodgers? Terry Bulliant could barely speak English!?

I think he’s a good communicator. It’s the other stuff I’m not sure about.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Nov 2017 17:40

He is perfectly articulate he just never actually says anything. Apart from:

Before the game -

No matter where they are in the table (they could be 15 points adrift at the bottom) the opposition are always a good team, with good strong players who carry a threat.

It is always our job to set up to deal with their threats and to create our own chances as well.

And not make mistakes.

After the game -

However shite we have been we have always had our own chances but if you don't take those chances when they come your way you can't win football matches.

However utterly shite the opposition have been, they always carried a threat, because we know they are a good team.

And on and on and on and on.

I like articulacy but I also quite like to hear something truthful and mildly interesting occasionally. With Stam we are never ever going to get that.

I like him, but I don't like him as RFC's manager.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Nov 2017 17:43

Really is no point taking any notice of what a manager says about the game

They are nearly always covering their own arse, their players arses (who they have prob been bawling at 5 mins before) or just saying what the press want to hear

What manager is actually interesting to listen to?

And tbh, every time he lets his emotions get away with him or goes off script he says something stupid and gets lambasted (ie Leeds away or whinging about the fans)

Stam actually is fairly honest about injuries and transfers in his midweek pressers, so do read those

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Nov 2017 18:07

Hound Really is no point taking any notice of what a manager says about the game

Yeah I’m sure you are right.

I just find his particular brand of bullshit particularly irritating.

And not playing with a striker.

And playing utterly shite football.

And for persisting in playing Roy Beerens.

And despite having got there by doing exactly that, for being more concerned in the play offs about stopping the opposition than trying to win them as a result of our own positive gameplay.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Nov 2017 18:39

Royal Rother
Hound Really is no point taking any notice of what a manager says about the game

Yeah I’m sure you are right.

I just find his particular brand of bullshit particularly irritating.

And not playing with a striker.

And playing utterly shite football.

And for persisting in playing Roy Beerens.

And despite having got there by doing exactly that, for being more concerned in the play offs about stopping the opposition than trying to win them as a result of our own positive gameplay.

Don’t totally disagree with a lot of that

Definitely all things he could be criticised for

For sake of balance though - think we’ve been entertaining recently. The forest, Wolves and derby games were highly entertaining. I hope we continue in this style

And I honestly think he has learnt his lesson about no striker. I’m sure Yann or Bod will start if they are anywhere near 100% from now on. Bod just wasn’t on Tues

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Nov 2017 22:09

Royal Rother He is perfectly articulate he just never actually says anything. Apart from:

Before the game -

No matter where they are in the table (they could be 15 points adrift at the bottom) the opposition are always a good team, with good strong players who carry a threat.

It is always our job to set up to deal with their threats and to create our own chances as well.

And not make mistakes.

After the game -

However shite we have been we have always had our own chances but if you don't take those chances when they come your way you can't win football matches.

However utterly shite the opposition have been, they always carried a threat, because we know they are a good team.

And on and on and on and on.

I like articulacy but I also quite like to hear something truthful and mildly interesting occasionally. With Stam we are never ever going to get that.

I like him, but I don't like him as RFC's manager.

Hardly the worst though.