MATCHWATCH : Sheffield Wednesday (h) sponsored by a Saturday home win

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield Wednesday (h) sponsored by a Saturday home win

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Nov 2017 17:51

Yes, there were a few occasions today where we reaped the consequences of the constant team changes with players not anticipating what each other would do.

I like Kelly, he keeps the ball moving. Very few decent options on for him today and he hasn't played much recently.

We looked like we didn't know if Berg was a CB and Bacuna & Gunter should be pushing on more, or a midfielder sitting way too deep.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Nov 2017 17:53

genome Seat banging, booing at full time, even booing Beerens when he came on. Have a look at yourselves

Agreed, the negativity of some is quite unbelievable and frankly unwarranted on the basis of today's performance.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 25 Nov 2017 18:18

Didn't go today and reliably informed I made the right choice.

We appear poorly coached and set up from back to front. If our training excels at anything it's injuring our own players :|

Japp Stam was, without question, one of the best defenders to grace the Premiership yet ours, under his guidance, are up there with the worst we've seen in twenty years. I'm not talking about the individual players but how they perform as a unit. I'm pig sick of goals being conceded to completely unmarked players and long for the far off days when the infamous, rather than famous, former Crazy Gang member Wally Downes had our back line performing like a well oiled machine. Meanwhile, upfront, with or without a striker we are largely toothless.

Within weeks the season will be lost and, come January, those who stayed or were tempted here after last season's near miss will be tempted by better offers from clubs in the mix for promotion. This squad is massively under achieving and the buck stops in one place.

We deserve better and I hope those in charge are making appropriate plans for the future. If not, what we are being forced to watch could set us back years.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Nov 2017 18:22

You must’ve been puzzled by Sheff Weds inability to breech one of our worst defences today :D

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 25 Nov 2017 18:41

Woodcote Royal Didn't go today and reliably informed I made the right choice.

We appear poorly coached and set up from back to front. If our training excels at anything it's injuring our own players :|

Japp Stam was, without question, one of the best defenders to grace the Premiership yet ours, under his guidance, are up there with the worst we've seen in twenty years. I'm not talking about the individual players but how they perform as a unit. I'm pig sick of goals being conceded to completely unmarked players and long for the far off days when the infamous, rather than famous, former Crazy Gang member Wally Downes had our back line performing like a well oiled machine. Meanwhile, upfront, with or without a striker we are largely toothless.

Within weeks the season will be lost and, come January, those who stayed or were tempted here after last season's near miss will be tempted by better offers from clubs in the mix for promotion. This squad is massively under achieving and the buck stops in one place.

We deserve better and I hope those in charge are making appropriate plans for the future. If not, what we are being forced to watch could set us back years.

Judging by his softly spoken post match interview with Dellor, I sense Stam is feeling the pressure. Unusually for him there was not a hint of arrogance even when Dellor pointed out the obvious after Stam tried to offer a technical explanation to our lack in the final third. Instead he just remained philosophical, and almost agreed with Dellor.

He desperately needs a win against a poor Barnsley side on Tuesday

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 25 Nov 2017 18:46

Oilroyal
Woodcote Royal Didn't go today and reliably informed I made the right choice.

Judging by his softly spoken post match interview with Dellor, I sense Stam is feeling the pressure. Unusually for him there was not a hint of arrogance even when Dellor pointed out the obvious after Stam tried to offer a technical explanation to our lack in the final third. Instead he just remained philosophical, and almost agreed with Dellor.

He desperately needs a win against a poor Barnsley side on Tuesday

He got a lot of grief for coming out and saying what he thought of the boo boys a few weeks back. I`m guessing his laid back interview had something to do with him keeping it bottled up.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Nov 2017 18:47

Woodcote Royal Japp Stam was, without question, one of the best defenders to grace the Premiership yet ours, under his guidance, are up there with the worst we've seen in twenty years. I'm not talking about the individual players but how they perform as a unit. I'm pig sick of goals being conceded to completely unmarked players and long for the far off days when the infamous, rather than famous, former Crazy Gang member Wally Downes had our back line performing like a well oiled machine.

It's a bit weird to have a go at the team about that after a game in which they kept a clean sheet

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Nov 2017 18:50

Snowflake Royal I like Kelly, he keeps the ball moving. Very few decent options on for him today and he hasn't played much recently.

I thought his body language wasn't great today. Didn't really seem up for the game, ducked out of some challenges, trudging over to take corners like he didn't want to be there.

I'm probably reading too much into it, but he didn't seem right today.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Nov 2017 18:53

genome
Snowflake Royal I like Kelly, he keeps the ball moving. Very few decent options on for him today and he hasn't played much recently.

I thought his body language wasn't great today. Didn't really seem up for the game, ducked out of some challenges, trudging over to take corners like he didn't want to be there.

I'm probably reading too much into it, but he didn't seem right today.

Agree, thought he was very poor - just no ambition, couldn’t get close to Bannan and offered nothing

Almost thinking a set of games in the u23s May do him good.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Nov 2017 01:35

genome
Woodcote Royal Japp Stam was, without question, one of the best defenders to grace the Premiership yet ours, under his guidance, are up there with the worst we've seen in twenty years. I'm not talking about the individual players but how they perform as a unit. I'm pig sick of goals being conceded to completely unmarked players and long for the far off days when the infamous, rather than famous, former Crazy Gang member Wally Downes had our back line performing like a well oiled machine.

It's a bit weird to have a go at the team about that after a game in which they kept a clean sheet

Yeah but mans has a point.