BFTG Wednesday.

windermereROYAL
Member
Posts: 697
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

BFTG Wednesday.

by windermereROYAL » 25 Nov 2017 18:53

Well not much to be said about that borefest. huffed and puffed a lot. clearly instructed to get it in the box early.
The Yorkshire men clearly had just a point and defended very well and we didn't have the guile or know how to break them down.
when we finally created Barrow skied a very easy chance from 8 yards.

Mannone 6 rarely troubles ver calm with ball at his feet.
Gunter. 6 got forward a lot with no end product.
McShane. 7 rarely tested
Moore 7 has above.
Bacuna. 8 MOM for me. always trying to get forward and create.
JVDB 6 solid in the middle, and his hands full with Bannon.
Kelly 5 continues to disappoint.
Edwards. 5 ran around a lot, didn't do much.
Aluko 6 clearly a very skilful player, but need more from him.
Kermy 4 was he out there?
Barrow 5 point deducted for THAT miss.
subs.
Jon dadi 6 showed more then Kermy, but that wasn't hard.
Clement 6 would start him Tuesday,

User avatar
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 11171
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 22:39
Location: Stick with Stam, he's the man!(I hope)

Re: BFTG Wednesday.

by RoyalBlue » 25 Nov 2017 18:57

windermereROYAL wrote:Well not much to be said about that borefest. huffed and puffed a lot. clearly instructed to get it in the box early.
The Yorkshire men clearly had just a point and defended very well and we didn't have the guile or know how to break them down.
when we finally created Barrow skied a very easy chance from 8 yards.

Mannone 6 rarely troubles ver calm with ball at his feet.
Gunter. 6 got forward a lot with no end product.
McShane. 7 rarely tested
Moore 7 has above.
Bacuna. 8 MOM for me. always trying to get forward and create.
JVDB 6 solid in the middle, and his hands full with Bannon.
Kelly 5 continues to disappoint.
Edwards. 5 ran around a lot, didn't do much.
Aluko 6 clearly a very skilful player, but need more from him.
Kermy 4 was he out there?
Barrow 5 point deducted for THAT miss.
subs.
Jon dadi 6 showed more then Kermy, but that wasn't hard.
Clement 6 would start him Tuesday,


To claim that Gunter had no end product today is ridiculous. He put in some great crosses with what is supposedly his weaker foot. With a fully fit Kermorgant and/or another decent striker we would have got a couple of goals from them. The likes of Quinn, Senior, Doyle or Long would have been feasting off them.

Hound
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3142
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: BFTG Wednesday.

by Hound » 25 Nov 2017 18:58

Fair summary - wouldn’t barely argue with any of those ratings or write up

I’d only say Barrow was worth at least a 7 - even inc the miss (thing he just wrong footed himself - it seemed to just hit his wrong leg). He was our most dangerous player by a distance

Also agree on the poster above about Gunter. Thought he was good today and put in some good crosses

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 19984
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 19:49
Location: A Hicks Hoof from Coley Park

Re: BFTG Wednesday.

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Nov 2017 19:07

Tackled effectively too :shock:

Joey better than his “6”

User avatar
leon
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 15698
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 09:18
Location: Hips, Lips, Tits, Power

Re: BFTG Wednesday.

by leon » 25 Nov 2017 19:14

Not sure that Wednesday parked the bus. They were disciplined and compact. They were also pretty poor as well.

This game didn’t really answer any questions for me. The style of football is still not my cup of tea. We’re still not creating nearly enough chances. We looked more solid will with the starting lineup however.


User avatar
PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 6631
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 15:42
Location: Comfortably numb

Re: BFTG Wednesday.

by PieEater » 25 Nov 2017 19:18

you wonder why people don't post when the second third and fourth post are moaning about the first :roll:

What does it matter how somebody rates a performance and a 5 a 6 or a 7, get a life FFS.

File these people who debate it under complete and utter twats

Hound
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3142
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: BFTG Wednesday.

by Hound » 25 Nov 2017 19:21

PieEater wrote:you wonder why people don't post when the second third and fourth post are moaning about the first :roll:

What does it matter how somebody rates a performance and a 5 a 6 or a 7, get a life FFS.

File these people who debate it under complete and utter twats


Don’t people basically put up the ratings to debate them? It’s not being rude or moaning, it’s just discussing them

Yeah it’s sad discussing player performances in terms of ratings, but pretty much only as sad as anything else to do with following a football club

And definitely only as sad as people who come onto a football club website and then abuse those people who are doing that

User avatar
PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 6631
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 15:42
Location: Comfortably numb

Re: BFTG Wednesday.

by PieEater » 25 Nov 2017 19:26

Sorry Hound but it's lurkers like you that prefer to snipe and pick out scores rather than post an entire alternative perspective. If you have a view to debate then post it, don't pick on Wr for having the time and gumption to post a review that remote Royals might appreciate.
Last edited by PieEater on 25 Nov 2017 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 19984
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 19:49
Location: A Hicks Hoof from Coley Park

Re: BFTG Wednesday.

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Nov 2017 19:27

PieEater wrote:you wonder why people don't post when the second third and fourth post are moaning about the first :roll:

What does it matter how somebody rates a performance and a 5 a 6 or a 7, get a life FFS.

File these people who debate it under complete and utter twats
thanx, love you too.

Why bother giving player ratings in the first place at all, if people cannot give their own?

Bit of a twattish post there from you (of all people) tbf Pie :shock:


Hound
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3142
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: BFTG Wednesday.

by Hound » 25 Nov 2017 19:29

PieEater wrote:Sorry Hound but it's lurkers like you that prefer to snipe and pick out scores rather than post an entire alternative perspective. If you have a view to debate then post it, don't pick on Wr for having the time and gumption to post a review that remote Royals might appreciate.


Wouldn’t say I was a lurker exactly

And I basically agreed with everything the first poster said as I mentioned, but gave my view on a couple of the players on the 2 occasions they differed - and quite politely as well, not moaning

User avatar
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 11171
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 22:39
Location: Stick with Stam, he's the man!(I hope)

Re: BFTG Wednesday.

by RoyalBlue » 25 Nov 2017 19:34

PieEater wrote:you wonder why people don't post when the second third and fourth post are moaning about the first :roll:

What does it matter how somebody rates a performance and a 5 a 6 or a 7, get a life FFS.

File these people who debate it under complete and utter twats


Look in the mirror when dishing out that insult. Surely the whole effing point of these forums is that it's a debate/discussion?! Follow your warped logic and there will only ever be one post as all agree with that poster.

What's the point of posting ratings if it doesn't matter whether it is rated a 5, 6 or 7?! :roll:

And if people really are so precious and worried that someone might criticise their post, they shouldn't be near any form of social media; so probably better they are put off posting :roll: .

Of course, calling people complete and utter twats is the way to encourage more posting on threads! (apologies for the knee-jerk reaction back). Fortunately some are more robust than that or these forums would be very empty.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 25 Nov 2017 19:42, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 6631
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 15:42
Location: Comfortably numb

Re: BFTG Wednesday.

by PieEater » 25 Nov 2017 19:37

RoyalBlue wrote:
PieEater wrote:you wonder why people don't post when the second third and fourth post are moaning about the first :roll:

What does it matter how somebody rates a performance and a 5 a 6 or a 7, get a life FFS.

File these people who debate it under complete and utter twats


Look in the mirror you fool! :twisted: Surely the whole effing point of these forums is that it's a debate/discussion?! Follow your warped logic and there will only ever be one post as all agree with that poster.


You really don't understand what I said.

I'm not sure there is much point saying anything else.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 19984
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 19:49
Location: A Hicks Hoof from Coley Park

Re: BFTG Wednesday.

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Nov 2017 19:38

Yes


Hound
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3142
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: BFTG Wednesday.

by Hound » 25 Nov 2017 19:39

PieEater wrote:
RoyalBlue wrote:
PieEater wrote:you wonder why people don't post when the second third and fourth post are moaning about the first :roll:

What does it matter how somebody rates a performance and a 5 a 6 or a 7, get a life FFS.

File these people who debate it under complete and utter twats


Look in the mirror you fool! :twisted: Surely the whole effing point of these forums is that it's a debate/discussion?! Follow your warped logic and there will only ever be one post as all agree with that poster.


You really don't understand what I said.

I'm not sure there is much point saying anything else.


Yep, agree with that

User avatar
PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 6631
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 15:42
Location: Comfortably numb

Re: BFTG Wednesday.

by PieEater » 25 Nov 2017 19:41

AthleticoSpizz wrote:Yes


There by ensuring a 2 page BFTG thread :roll:

Old Boy Blue
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: 18 Dec 2015 15:22

Re: BFTG Wednesday.

by Old Boy Blue » 25 Nov 2017 19:46

I am reliably informed that after failing to pass forward to an unmarked Bacuna and passing backwards instead Paul McShane reacted to the crowds moans by turning towards the Lower West and shouting eff off. Not a great reaction by the skipper of a badly underperforming team.
Did anyone else witness this ?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 19984
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 19:49
Location: A Hicks Hoof from Coley Park

Re: BFTG Wednesday.

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Nov 2017 19:47

PieEater wrote:
AthleticoSpizz wrote:Yes


There by ensuring a 2 page BFTG thread :roll:
try shuffling your original post words up a bit....it might’ve worked better :lol:

User avatar
PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 6631
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 15:42
Location: Comfortably numb

Re: BFTG Wednesday.

by PieEater » 25 Nov 2017 19:51

AthleticoSpizz wrote:
PieEater wrote:
AthleticoSpizz wrote:Yes


There by ensuring a 2 page BFTG thread :roll:
try shuffling your original post words up a bit....it might’ve worked better :lol:


My point was, what is the point of shouting down peoples opinions, without posting your own. The only thing it does is stifle discussion and stop people posting opinions from fear of being shot down with people sniping about scores.

User avatar
Oilroyal
Member
Posts: 833
Joined: 22 Oct 2013 11:19

Re: BFTG Wednesday.

by Oilroyal » 25 Nov 2017 19:51

PieEater wrote:
AthleticoSpizz wrote:Yes


There by ensuring a 2 page BFTG thread :roll:


The reason the BFTG is so dull is due to those of us who have been shot down for highlighting how shit this season has been right from the start and now those doing the shooting have gone fishing today :D

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 19984
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 19:49
Location: A Hicks Hoof from Coley Park

Re: BFTG Wednesday.

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Nov 2017 19:59

PieEater wrote:
AthleticoSpizz wrote:
PieEater wrote:
There by ensuring a 2 page BFTG thread :roll:
try shuffling your original post words up a bit....it might’ve worked better :lol:


My point was, what is the point of shouting down peoples opinions, without posting your own. The only thing it does is stifle discussion and stop people posting opinions from fear of being shot down with people sniping about scores.
oh ok, I just thought that Joey was better value than the “6” that was awarded.....just my opinion,......other than that, I was happy...but I’ll quite happily join the twataraty

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Nomad_Royal and 36 guests

It is currently 18 Dec 2017 09:04