BFTG Wednesday.

Spud Gun
Location: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you ...

Re: BFTG Wednesday.

by Spud Gun » 25 Nov 2017 19:01

This thread is already more interesting than today’s game ...

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 25 Nov 2017 19:04

AthleticoSpizz
PieEater
AthleticoSpizz try shuffling your original post words up a bit....it might’ve worked better :lol:

My point was, what is the point of shouting down peoples opinions, without posting your own. The only thing it does is stifle discussion and stop people posting opinions from fear of being shot down with people sniping about scores.
oh ok, I just thought that Joey was better value than the “6” that was awarded.....just my opinion,......other than that, I was happy...but I’ll quite happily join the
twataraty

Exactly, by not posting your own opinion.

All you've done is complain about someone else's opinion.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 25 Nov 2017 19:04

Onto the game then.

It was pants. Bacuna was MoM. Gunter and Moore were good. Kelly, Edwards, VdB, Mannone and Barrow were ok. The rest were pretty poor.

At least Birmingham drew so we remain kind of out of trouble for now.

Tuesday really is a must win. Can see Barnsley parking the bus and trying to nick a 0-0
Last edited by Royal_jimmy on 25 Nov 2017 19:08, edited 2 times in total.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 25 Nov 2017 19:06

I was hoping for a "Back from the Radio" thread...I was too ill to go today.....sounded like we played ok. It sounded like Jordan Rhodes let us off the hook at the end as well. The JS interview afterwards suggests he's in the market for a striker when the window opens. At least he's starting to see the problem.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Nov 2017 19:07

Sorry Pie?

If you would prefer to take this to pm....it may not clog-upthe after match thread....

I see no “complaints” in my post

Real :shock:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Nov 2017 19:08

I find it difficult to put my finger on why last year we were doing so much better - esp at home, and why things just aren’t working so well this year

Maybe it was just the individual moments of skill were ending a goal which we could then hold onto. Possibly Williams was more impt than we thought at the time

I can’t really work it out. Teams set up the same against us this year as last, and if anything our general play is better. It almost as if things just ‘went’ for us last year where they aren’t this

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 25 Nov 2017 19:11

AthleticoSpizz Sorry Pie?

If you would prefer to take this to pm....it may not clog-upthe after match thread....

Read your post again

Your complaint was that somebody had the audacity to award a player rating of 6 when you thought it was somehow worth more. How much more we'll never know because you never actually offered an opinion. All you did was criticise somebody else's view.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Nov 2017 19:19

PieEater

Read your post again

Your complaint was that somebody had the audacity to award a player rating of 6 when you thought it was somehow worth more. How much more we'll never know because you never actually offered an opinion. All you did was criticise somebody else's view.
oh ffs

Ok

I thought Joey deserved at least a 7 for ploughing-on and neutralising the real threat of Barry Bannon.

For the record, my Gunter comment was not meant as a disingenous “complaint” either......far from it...maybe he deserved a mark-up too.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 25 Nov 2017 19:20

Got there in the end :roll:

FWIW I thought Joey had a decent game today and looked less of a liability than usual, although I dare not offer a score in case some twat disagrees.
Last edited by PieEater on 25 Nov 2017 19:24, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Nov 2017 19:24

Can't be arsed with ratings.

Gunter's actually a good left back, unlike at right back. More positive, good crosses. Wandered off out of position a bit too much though. And still had moments of criminal negativety, including running back in 20 yards of space and signalling Mannone to hold the ball rather than chuck it to him and set up an instant break.

Everyone else was ok. Aluko wandered all over too much. Berg sat too deep. Edwards didn't show for it in the middle - just pushed up to join Yann. Mind you, no one showed in the middle.

Decent, but dull and uninspiring. Really need to keep a consistent XI out for a few games.

I think we miss Bacuna in midfield, but he's ten times the RB Gunter is and Gunter is twice the player at LB.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Nov 2017 19:27

PieEater

Read your post again

Jesus christ :lol:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Nov 2017 19:28

PieEater Got there in the end :roll:

FWIW I thought Joey had a decent game today and looked less of a liability than usual, although I dare not offer a score in case some twat disagrees.
try offering “an opinion” Pie

Lol :wink: etc

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Nov 2017 19:36

Think PEs lost the plot a bit tonight

Anyway, need to up things for Barnsley. Not exactly a must-win but fear for the rest of our season if we can’t put such a poor side away

They will obvs sit back and take a 0-0. We need to work out how to counter that, which we still don’t look capable of doing

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Nov 2017 19:51

Could we ever start with two strikers up front?

Smith/Bod/Kermy permutation?

pick them off before we have to defend....and all that

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Nov 2017 19:58

I think we suffered from a lack of midfield and general team structure today. Often times you'd look in the centre of the park and there was no-one there.

Our positioning was confusing, and that's been something I've noticed all season, that there seems to be a complete lack of shape. Players were popping up all over the place.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 25 Nov 2017 20:04

A draw was fair-with both sides having the odd opportunity to score.
Sheff Wed were a typical Championship side-worked extremely hard-but despite Fletcher no quality up front.
I wont bother with ratings suffice to say Bacuna and Barrow were our best players.
On Tuesday night, it is time for Stam to go for broke-otherwise we will be just above the dead zone until next May.
Bacuna has to play CM-week in week out. He has a drive and athleticism , none of the rest of our midfield possess.

This means either giving Blackett a good shaking , and hope he can close an end off at LB or he goes with Richards.

Alukho is frustrating;unlike Barrow he does not keep coming back for more once things go against him-even though he is a more skilful player.
I think we will have to persist with Joey-some Hollywood passes were mixed with a complete lack of conditioning-he completely disappeared 2nd half.
I thought Edwards might be a solution; but if he is not capable of getting into the box late to score ten or more goals a season,what else does he contribute -that 2nd half cross he missed completely suggests he is in serious decline.

Kermit is also a worry-I know he is not fit-but he was completely anonymous today-may as well have played without a striker, and whoever thought Bovardson was worth a punt ?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Nov 2017 20:06

Agree with a lot of that, but Dadi was pretty good I thought - that cross for Barrows miss was a great bit of play

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 25 Nov 2017 20:10

Fell asleep first half, woken up by the cold wind, had a beer in Jazz club half time, like many , never reammerged , watched second half on piss pot TV screen in Jazz club. Woeful, boring , lacklustre display by a team that is so lacking in confidence and direction . We're a bit like a person stuck in quicksand slowly dying unless we get rescued. Club spirelling into a dark hole.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 25 Nov 2017 20:10

For me we're showing the signs of too much tinkering - the players have yet to develop enough understanding to make the simple yet incisive moves and there's just not enough fluidity.

Some of our forward passing was atrocious when under no real pressure.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Nov 2017 20:12

why do you think that is..panicked?