MATCHWATCH : Sunderland (a) sponsored by Charlie Hurley

189 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sunderland (a) sponsored by Charlie Hurley

by Hound » 02 Dec 2017 16:28

Good goals, a good performance and now a little break for our players to get injured in training again before Cardiff

Definitely things looking up - a win against Cardiff and things might just get interesting

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Dec 2017 16:29

Funny, isn't it...

3 unchanged teams, 7 points out of 9!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Dec 2017 16:31

It does make the utter meltdown on here at half time against Bolton look even funnier.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Dec 2017 16:35

genome It does make the utter meltdown on here at half time against Bolton look even funnier.

I think that was one of our more warranted meltdowns of late.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Dec 2017 16:38

NewCorkSeth
genome It does make the utter meltdown on here at half time against Bolton look even funnier.

No it wasn't. We had won 2 out of the 3 matches going into that game, and the match wasn't even finished at the time. It was stupid.

Anyway, onwards and upwards

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 02 Dec 2017 16:59

Good win again, a good striker away from being a even more dangerous dangerous team to play against

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Dec 2017 17:08

Settled, balanced side and no Beerens starting up front. Just need to tighten up the defence.

Plus we’re above Fulham.
Good stuff.

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 02 Dec 2017 17:11

Looking forward to a match report on here ...

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 02 Dec 2017 17:26

Great result! Sunderland now a record TWENTY-ONE :shock: games without a home win.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Dec 2017 17:34

genome
NewCorkSeth

No it wasn't. We had won 2 out of the 3 matches going into that game, and the match wasn't even finished at the time. It was stupid.

Yep, spectacularly pathetic.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Dec 2017 17:48

Snowflake Royal
genome
NewCorkSeth I think that was one of our more warranted meltdowns of late.

I thought that first half performance was spectacularly pathetic. I certainly don't remember much worse football from us! Maybe emotion got the better of me!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Dec 2017 17:54

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
genome

I thought that first half performance was spectacularly pathetic. I certainly don't remember much worse football from us! Maybe emotion got the better of me!

HT is never the time for a meltdown. We weren't even getting particularly out played. Just performing badly and conceded two soft goals from set pieces.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Dec 2017 18:03

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Yep, spectacularly pathetic.

HT is never the time for a meltdown. We weren't even getting particularly out played. Just performing badly and conceded two soft goals from set pieces.

Pre season is the best time for a meltdown. Preferably involving a ST refund.

NCS - you meltdown whenever you want. It’s the giving a shit that football is all about.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Dec 2017 18:05

leon Settled, balanced side and no Beerens starting up front. Just need to tighten up the defence.

Plus we’re above Fulham.
Good stuff.

leon you were bang on correct to call Stam out these past 17 games. With the continuation of Stam FC failing to produce, any Reading fan would have said/written the same screaming points/post as you. Thankfully Stam (the ex-footballer) has got a grip of himself (funny what coming close to losing your job will do to a person). Of late he's kept the same starting 11 and delivered a decent point tally by simply playing football, he’s now learning his craft! As a young inexperienced manager he’s finally looking good value... time to back him (although he was shit for 17 games)

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Dec 2017 18:11

Oilroyal
leon Settled, balanced side and no Beerens starting up front. Just need to tighten up the defence.

Plus we’re above Fulham.
Good stuff.

leon you were bang on correct to call Stam out these past 17 games. With the continuation of Stam FC failing to produce, any Reading fan would have said/written the same screaming points/post as you. Thankfully Stam (the ex-footballer) has got a grip of himself (funny what coming close to losing your job will do to a person). Of late he's kept the same starting 11 and delivered a decent point tally by simply playing football, he’s now learning his craft! As a young inexperienced manager he’s finally looking good value... time to back him (although he was shit for 17 games)

Injuries hurt us. Looking back I don’t think I really took that into account as much as I should have.

But Beerens up front was never a good idea. The entire team looked unbalanced and we suffered.

It’s been touch and go but with Aluko and Barrow firing how he wanted them to (Handbags Harris post about 5-6 weeks ago was spot on) I think/hope Stam has got it under control again.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Dec 2017 18:26

leon
Oilroyal

Plus we’re above Fulham.
Good stuff.

Injuries hurt us. Looking back I don’t think I really took that into account as much as I should have.

But Beerens up front was never a good idea. The entire team looked unbalanced and we suffered.

It’s been touch and go but with Aluko and Barrow firing how he wanted them to (Handbags Harris post about 5-6 weeks ago was spot on) I think/hope Stam has got it under control again.

I think Stam's finally got himself under control

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Dec 2017 18:34

leon
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth I thought that first half performance was spectacularly pathetic. I certainly don't remember much worse football from us! Maybe emotion got the better of me!

Pre season is the best time for a meltdown. Preferably involving a ST refund.

NCS - you meltdown whenever you want. It’s the giving a shit that football is all about.

Thank you. I knew you were my favorite.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Dec 2017 18:53

Good to see Stam staying grounded etc as it doesn’t sound like we were brilliant

Would love to beat Colin next week - could even (but won’t) move up to 9th with a win

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Dec 2017 19:03

Oilroyal

What is this even supposed to mean.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Dec 2017 19:29

Snowflake Royal
Oilroyal

What is this even supposed to mean.

For those of you like Snowflake who are not tuned into the signs of the basic human ego, until recently the whole show has been about Stam FC and it’s not worked out too well so far. Stam being a half smart human being and after so many games this season, he finally realised that it’s not all about him and never will be. After a SHIT start he’s since became much more media humble and now picks a team based on their effort and not on his egolistic opinion of the opposition, and funny enough the team is now starting to get results. With the Stam Fc arrogance and stubbornness removed I can now see him and the team delivering some decent results and next season he should smash it, as Stam's finally got his own act together.

Understand Snowflake?... or is that way too deep for you?

189 posts