Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sunderland (a) sponsored by Charlie Hurley

by genome » 02 Dec 2017 20:33

Oilroyal
Snowflake Royal
Oilroyal
I think Stam's finally got himself under control

What is this even supposed to mean.

For those of you like Snowflake who are not tuned into the signs of the basic human ego, until recently the whole show has been about Stam FC and it’s not worked out too well so far. Stam being a half smart human being and after so many games this season, he finally realised that it’s not all about him and never will be. After a SHIT start he’s since became much more media humble and now picks a team based on their effort and not on his egolistic opinion of the opposition, and funny enough the team is now starting to get results. With the Stam Fc arrogance and stubbornness removed I can now see him and the team delivering some decent results and next season he should smash it, as Stam's finally got his own act together.

Understand Snowflake?... or is that way too deep for you?

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Dec 2017 20:44

genome What the literal shit are you on about

Whoosh.. over the heads of many as they wash their hi-vis vests ready for Monday morning but not before being entertained by Xfactor

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Dec 2017 20:50

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Dec 2017 20:56

Genome, we all see things differently, you see a team and I see the sociology behind its improvement

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 02 Dec 2017 21:00

Oilroyal Gerome, we all see things differently, you see a team and I see the sociology behind its improvement

Wow. To think people used to take the piss out of sociology graduates.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Dec 2017 21:28

Jack Celliers
Oilroyal Gerome, we all see things differently, you see a team and I see the sociology behind its improvement

Wow. To think people used to take the piss out of sociology graduates.

Oilroyal's just on another level of human understanding compared to us plebs.

What a tart.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Dec 2017 22:00

I’ll take that Ian. Football is more than individuals on the pitch and more than the agenda of an inexperienced manager’s ego, it’s about team and a manager understanding the individual sociology of each team member. Thankfully with Stam now relaxing his own ego the team has started to show what they can do and deliver results. This is just my opinion so there’s no need for a clever GIF or anything. I personally think if Stam continues with his new-found gift of allowing the team some free-form then we will go on to have an amazing unbeaten run. I’m just pleased Stam’s leaning that RFC is not all about Stam.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Dec 2017 23:20

An opinion based on complete conjecture?

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Dec 2017 23:23

genome An opinion based on complete conjecture?

Just an opinion of a poster that doesn’t meet with your approval, but I can live with that

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Dec 2017 23:27

Well it doesn't meet my approval because it's based on absolutely zero evidence. Or at least, you haven't offered any.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, just like I'm entitled to think it's baseless nonsense

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Dec 2017 23:41

genome Well it doesn't meet my approval because it's based on absolutely zero evidence. Or at least, you haven't offered any.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, just like I'm entitled to think it's baseless nonsense

If you tract my posts back to August, to the QPR game in fact, tract them back to the pre-season trash we were served up. I’ve been highlighting Stem’s egotistical approach right up until the last 4 games. In the last 4 games he’s changed. Not the team, Stam has changed. Legend footballer he may be but he's been a manager in the making who’s still learning his craft. Good to see he’s intelligent enough to be worthy of his title, team manager of RFC. Conjecture my arse…. He’s a rookie that's coming good and I'm relived he's finally got his act together.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 Dec 2017 23:47

Oilroyal For those of you like Snowflake who are not tuned into the signs of the basic human ego, until recently the whole show has been about Stam FC and it’s not worked out too well so far. Stam being a half smart human being and after so many games this season, he finally realised that it’s not all about him and never will be. After a SHIT start he’s since became much more media humble and now picks a team based on their effort and not on his egolistic opinion of the opposition, and funny enough the team is now starting to get results. With the Stam Fc arrogance and stubbornness removed I can now see him and the team delivering some decent results and next season he should smash it, as Stam's finally got his own act together.

Stam hasn't changed one iota. This is a long term project. Piece by piece it's coming together. Keep the faith.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 02 Dec 2017 23:52

Lower West This is a long term project. Piece by piece it's coming together. Keep the faith.

Been saying that for weeks and weeks, especially in response to those d1cks on Twatter who seemed to call him out at every opportunity, even after 1-2 games where we actually won.

Will we get promoted this season - no
Next season - dunno

But that's obviously the aim and I think we can and will do it with Stam and we're just building towards that

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Dec 2017 23:58

I’m keeping the faith, have done for the last 30 odd years and yes, it’s been piece by piece this season and that includes Stam’s learning curve. The players are without doubt all quality Championship players, probably the best we’ve ever had. I'm focused on Stam and his learning curve, the last 4 games he's got it together.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 03 Dec 2017 00:01

Lower West
Oilroyal For those of you like Snowflake who are not tuned into the signs of the basic human ego, until recently the whole show has been about Stam FC and it’s not worked out too well so far. Stam being a half smart human being and after so many games this season, he finally realised that it’s not all about him and never will be. After a SHIT start he’s since became much more media humble and now picks a team based on their effort and not on his egolistic opinion of the opposition, and funny enough the team is now starting to get results. With the Stam Fc arrogance and stubbornness removed I can now see him and the team delivering some decent results and next season he should smash it, as Stam's finally got his own act together.

Stam hasn't changed one iota. This is a long term project. Piece by piece it's coming together. Keep the faith.

Disagree, listen to his post match interviews 2 months ago compared to now. He’s changed, his approach to people has changed, and the team has changed all for the better…. Funny enough so have the results. Sociology, it’s a strange thing!

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 03 Dec 2017 00:07

Oilroyal
Lower West

Disagree, listen to his post match interviews 2 months ago compared to now. He’s changed, his approach to people has changed, and the team has changed all for the better…. Funny enough so have the results. Sociology, it’s a strange thing!

genome do you want to add a clever gif to this?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Dec 2017 00:11

Personally, I think Stam's has been trying to make the available players fit the system and, as our experience with Rodgers has shown, that can be a recipe for disaster.

However, a big factor in our recent improvement has been key players who can play the system coming back to fitness and we are now able to play people in the he right positions to make the system work.

I don't necessarily think there's been any significant shift in approach and I don't think there's been any suggestion within the club that Stam's position was under any serious threat. I think maybe he's learned to be a bit more pragmatic but I don't particularly read that as being ego driven, just an inexperienced manager learning his trade. All he's done is what Ferguson did at United and Aberdeen when things got tough, put the shutters up and developed a siege mentality.

What I do think though is that it's absolutely imperative to sign a long term forward in the next 2 windows

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Dec 2017 00:22

Oilroyal
genome Well it doesn't meet my approval because it's based on absolutely zero evidence. Or at least, you haven't offered any.

If you tract my posts back to August, to the QPR game in fact, tract them back to the pre-season trash we were served up. I’ve been highlighting Stem’s egotistical approach right up until the last 4 games. In the last 4 games he’s changed. Not the team, Stam has changed. Legend footballer he may be but he's been a manager in the making who’s still learning his craft. Good to see he’s intelligent enough to be worthy of his title, team manager of RFC. Conjecture my arse…. He’s a rookie that's coming good and I'm relived he's finally got his act together.

You know, just repeating your point doesn't count. Show me evidence that Stam was being egotistical and now isn't.

Do you know the players? Do you know how Stam behaves behind closed doors? How has this behaviour, which you have no idea about because you don't know him or work with him personally, affected the team?

If you're basing this solely on interviews, then :lol:

Our good form is not evidence. Your posts are complete conjecture, an assumption based on nothing whatsoever.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 03 Dec 2017 00:28

genome
Oilroyal

You know, just repeating your point doesn't count. Show me evidence that Stam was being egotistical and now isn't.

Do you know the players? Do you know how Stam behaves behind closed doors? How has this behaviour, which you have no idea about because you don't know him or work with him personally, affected the team?

If you're basing this solely on interviews, then :lol:

Our good form is not evidence. Your posts are complete conjecture, an assumption based on nothing whatsoever.

should we take it that you do? Are you the oracle of RFC .. if you are we should all agree with whatever you say... will that make feel you better?

opportunity missed for the silly gif!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Dec 2017 00:43

So that's a no on all counts, then. :lol:

189 posts