by Reading4eva » 03 Dec 2017 08:03

Must have been this ones brother

https://youtu.be/KFnTFS8uc0c

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

Re: BFTG Sunderland

by LWJ » 03 Dec 2017 08:37

With Swift back in for Kelly we will be pushing the top 6 with ease. It was obvious we lacked a link between midfield and attack yesterday and against Sheffield Wednesday.

Kelly too slow on the ball, count his touches/the seconds before he releases it compared to Edwards or JVDB and it’s not like he then plays a better more complex ball.

Good cross for the second, though.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Dec 2017 08:41

Our away support was decent yesterday. Not huge but a good turnout considering it's a 600 mile round trip, close to Christmas and we don't have loads of northern exiles.

Hats off to those 568 fans (including me)

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 03 Dec 2017 08:45

Royal_jimmy Our away support was decent yesterday. Not huge but a good turnout considering it's a 600 mile round trip, close to Christmas and we don't have loads of northern exiles.

Hats off to those 568 fans (including me)

Yes, I was quite surprised at the numbers - we were well rewarded as well.

I have to say the trip up and home was super easy for me. Worked out at 606 mile round trip and did it in basically 9H of driving.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Dec 2017 09:15

Hats off to those who made the trip. My 8 year old asked me where Sunderland was - basically Scotland was my reply.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 03 Dec 2017 09:19

It was only 240 mile round trip for us.....so I feel like a fraud compared to those of you who came from Berkshire! The free park and ride from the retail park was ace......and particuarly good value on the way back, as my sons were loudly discussing how well we’d played on a bus full of stoney silent Mackems!! :lol:

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 03 Dec 2017 10:41

NewCorkSeth Barrow now has scored roughly 25% of his total shots. Hes a bit of a legend.

Keep up this form please.

Given the quality of those chance that really should be upwards of 33%

Having said that I really like Barrow and he's one of the players that make us tick. It's no coincidence that our form has picked up as he's returned and got back to fitness and without his and Bacuna"s injuries we'd be a lot further up the table than we are

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Dec 2017 11:43

Kitsondinho The free park and ride from the retail park was ace......

Walk from the Stumble Arms was only 20 minutes. Then we were away.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Dec 2017 11:47

AthleticoSpizz first “defensive howler” in four games?

Conceding of the free kick/defending for both of Boltons goals was poor.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Dec 2017 11:58

If you still hate Futcher
NewCorkSeth Barrow now has scored roughly 25% of his total shots. Hes a bit of a legend.

Keep up this form please.

Given the quality of those chance that really should be upwards of 33%

Having said that I really like Barrow and he's one of the players that make us tick. It's no coincidence that our form has picked up as he's returned and got back to fitness and without his and Bacuna"s injuries we'd be a lot further up the table than we are

Agree. Imo the turning point of our season was him getting injured vs Brizzle. We were doing just fine until then

And since he has got fully fit we have been good again

Great signing and hopefully here for years to come

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Dec 2017 12:08

I don't think any of our signings have been bad really.

Mannone - Not as much of a match-winner as Al-Habsi but not really put a foot wrong.
Bacuna - brilliant all round really - would like to see him in the middle, but he's doing a good job at full back
Edwards - chipped in with quite a few goals
Barrow - makes us tick going forward
Aluko - not seen the best of him yet, still has 4 assists after yesterday I think?
Clement - not the finished article yet and I don't think we really bought him for this season, has looked decent the odd moment, had a couple of poor moments.
Bodvarsson - not been fit enough to fully judge, still has already matched his tally for the whole of last season.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 03 Dec 2017 13:50

genome I don't think any of our signings have been bad really.

Mannone - Not as much of a match-winner as Al-Habsi but not really put a foot wrong.

Won’t cost us half as many with the howlers either. A lot better with the ball at his feet as well.

In my opinion - an upgrade

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 03 Dec 2017 15:22

Bacuna - brilliant all round really - would like to see him in the middle, but he's doing a good job at full back
Edwards - chipped in with quite a few goals
Barrow - makes us tick going forward
Aluko - not seen the best of him yet, still has 4 assists after yesterday I think?
Clement - not the finished article yet and I don't think we really bought him for this season, has looked decent the odd moment, had a couple of poor moments.
Bodvarsson - not been fit enough to fully judge, still has already matched his tally for the whole of last season.

Fair assessment. I think Clement could be an option to start instead of Kelly at the moment while Swift is injured. Wonder if Stam would play Bacuna furthest forward in midfield if he wasn’t playing right back?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 03 Dec 2017 15:48

Hound
Ark Royal
genome This thread is absolute gold:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/s ... t.1406204/

Apparently a Sunderland supporter absolutely off his face (on probably more than just alcohol) decided to drop his trousers and have a shit. Right there in the stands. Although there is some debate as to whether it was a shit, or just a piss. Either way, there is photographic evidence (non-graphic) and eyewitness accounts, including one of a kid in the row in front vomiting everywhere when they saw it happen.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:D Priceless stuff. As somebody said, South Stand Bowel Movement is a great band name!

Wow. What an absolute animal

Can’t inagine that happening in the ED stand to be honest

Happens most weeks in Upper West

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Dec 2017 15:51

3points Fair assessment. I think Clement could be an option to start instead of Kelly at the moment while Swift is injured.

Only on subs bench. As there's no other option available. Still needs time to settle in and develop. Yesterday came on and immediately gave away a needless freekick. In general lacked composure perhaps in an attempt to impress. One for the future.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 03 Dec 2017 16:16

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Dec 2017 16:25

LWJ

Won’t cost us half as many with the howlers either. A lot better with the ball at his feet as well.

In my opinion - an upgrade

Agree entirely. I'm not sure some realise how unsettling it can be for the defence to have a keeper who is prone to more than an average number of howlers (albeit capable of world class saves at other times) and is distinctly uncomfortable with the ball at his feet. IMO we are yet to miss AAH this season.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 03 Dec 2017 17:32

I still get a sense of dread anytime I see Mannone get the ball passed back to him while an opposition player is near and I do think that is still from experiencing Al Habsi in goal because, to his credit, Mannone looks very comfortable even under pressure.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Dec 2017 17:41

Personally much prefer Mannone

I liked AAH, but don’t think he was really player of the season worthy last year

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Dec 2017 17:53

Others disagreed (obviously)....think a lot of votes were raised from his friendly persona, his poor start and subsequent improvement at the club.......and of course, the crackin saves.

No complaints with his successor