BFTG - Cardiff

107 posts
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

BFTG - Cardiff

by John Madejski's Wallet » 11 Dec 2017 22:14

Well that sucked at the end.

As good as we were first half, second half we went into ourselves and just let them push us back.
Missed some corkers at 2-0 and ooooooh that Mcshane header at the end.

Joey and Bamba were imperious

In other news, my balls still haven't appeared

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by paultheroyal » 11 Dec 2017 22:19

That would of been a dreadful 2 nil win but instead it was a shambolic 2:2 draw.

Good night.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Dec 2017 22:21

paultheroyal That would of been a dreadful 2 nil win

Eh? The colds gone to your head

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Dec 2017 22:27

paultheroyal That would of been a dreadful 2 nil win but instead it was a shambolic 2:2 draw.

Good night.

Fully deserved the 2-0 HT lead, 20 minutes into the 2nd half we had chances to kill them off, only the last 20 when the taffs put us under the cosh, take a day off work tomorrow and get your arse down to specsavers.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Dec 2017 22:36

I think you can divide that game up into neat quarters

We were rubbish until we scored
Then great until half time
We were solid if unthreatening until Warnock got sent off
Then we were pants again

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 11 Dec 2017 22:42

I’m a Stam fan, but his second half tactics cost us that win. The players looks confused, disorganised and out of position. At times they were screaming at each other and didn’t know who they were marking, and we completely lost the wide threat when it looked like we moved barrow more centrally up top and moved Aluko into midfield and changed to the dreaded 3–5-2. I don’t think Cardiff looked great, but we didn’t enough to finish them off. Livid.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 11 Dec 2017 22:52

royalsroyalsroyals92 I’m a Stam fan, but his second half tactics cost us that win. The players looks confused, disorganised and out of position. At times they were screaming at each other and didn’t know who they were marking, and we completely lost the wide threat when it looked like we moved barrow more centrally up top and moved Aluko into midfield and changed to the dreaded 3–5-2. I don’t think Cardiff looked great, but we didn’t enough to finish them off. Livid.

Not for the first time this season. Almost carbon copy of Fulham. WHY DO WE SIT BACK ON A LEAD. IT NEVER WORKS!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Dec 2017 23:02

Threw it away 2nd half. We got cocky on 2-0 should have converted chances. Gradually went to pieces as Aluko and Barrow weren’t able to hold the ball to give the defence any respite.

Cardiff weren’t world beaters by any stretch and we should have been able to see that game out.

Stam should have made subs far earlier than he did but we should have won it at the death. Bizarre.

biff

by biff » 11 Dec 2017 23:07

Fuming at the way we threw that away.

But all put into perspective by the person receiving CPR on the bus for a good 15 minutes after the match. Really hope they came out the other side.

It doesnt really matter eh.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 11 Dec 2017 23:11

Didn’t learn the lessons from Barnsley. 2-0 up at half time defended to deep. Said then if we do that against a better side we will be punished. Just hope the penny finally drops. On the plus side just one defeat in nine slowly moving up the table.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Dec 2017 23:11

Jagermesiter1871
royalsroyalsroyals92 I’m a Stam fan, but his second half tactics cost us that win. The players looks confused, disorganised and out of position. At times they were screaming at each other and didn’t know who they were marking, and we completely lost the wide threat when it looked like we moved barrow more centrally up top and moved Aluko into midfield and changed to the dreaded 3–5-2. I don’t think Cardiff looked great, but we didn’t enough to finish them off. Livid.

Not for the first time this season. Almost carbon copy of Fulham. WHY DO WE SIT BACK ON A LEAD. IT NEVER WORKS!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm assuming this is a pisstake given our fantastic record of winning once we've got our heads in front.

I'm not sure how Joey accidentally playing someone through on goal under no pressure at all against a side who had zero threat is like one of the top two piling on pressure and getting reward.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Dec 2017 23:14

Jagermesiter1871

What?

I think it's grossly inaccurate and utter horse sheet to say we sat back on the lead.

We had 2-3 chances in second half. The only reason the chances dried up slightly was because Cardiff got a lot better and we got slightly worse.

Even then we were still pushing up the pitch

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 11 Dec 2017 23:27

Thought up until about 75 minutes it was one of our best performances all season. The amount of times Barrow, Aluko and Bacuna got around the back of their defence was fantastic to see.

Yes, it's disappointing we conceded two fairly preventable goals from sitting far too deep, but overall it was a very entertaining game and generally a good performance. Just got a little too complacent at 2-0. Seems counter-intuitive, but if we only had a 1-0 lead I'd wager we would've seen the game out. Their first goal really gave them the confidence to push forward more.

Thought Moore and McShane had really good displays (apart from McShane being at fault for one of the goals...), and the front three did well but really should have killed the game off beginning of the second half. Yann had a chance which he really should have buried after Barrow (I think?) closed down their keeper well. Reckon if it was last season he'd have scored, and at 3-0 there probably isn't any way back for Cardiff. Kelly didn't play brilliantly (apart from his corner deliveries, which admittedly we scored our goals from), and felt Gunter was pretty average tonight. Joey and Edwards generally very solid.

Felt the ref was quite lenient with us, a couple of times Moore just jumped over their player and won a free kick, and there was a bizarre situation second half when we seemed to be taking a throw (though it was clearly Cardiff's) which he took forever to sort out. Won't complain though, seeing Colin being sent to the stands is always good fun :lol:

Overall a pretty good performance which I think some are overlooking because of the mistakes in the last 10 minutes. I'd be happy if we played like that every week, the number of gilt-edged chances we created means we should have really been scoring at least 4.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 11 Dec 2017 23:29

Shame we didn't get the 3 points, obviously. But hey, even if we hold on, or even if we still win it 3-2 right at the end there, still sounds like...oh, never mind.

Anyway, Cardiff are not 'world beaters'? Im never quite sure what that really means. But ok, even if they aren't, one way or another they have been up there nearly all season. They have turned teams over regularly, they sit in 2nd place clear by 4 points, and maybe their (lack of) performance had a lot to do with our's.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 11 Dec 2017 23:44

Reading have been great for giving other fans DVD memories at their own expense in recent times. 2-0 at home with the opposition manager sent to the stands and you bend over and throw it away with a whimper. We are such a poorly organized defensive team that im starting to think even if we do get the striker in we didn't get in the summer that it won't make a difference. As soon as the going gets tough, we fold. Had this been away in Cardiff 0-2 down we'd have been spanked. Say what you want about Colin, he knows the organization, toughness and discipline needed to get out of this league, I think they'll finish runners up to Man City( Wolves) and do it. We won't be in the mix.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Dec 2017 23:54

Denver Royal Shame we didn't get the 3 points, obviously. But hey, even if we hold on, or even if we still win it 3-2 right at the end there, still sounds like...oh, never mind.

Anyway, Cardiff are not 'world beaters'? Im never quite sure what that really means. But ok, even if they aren't, one way or another they have been up there nearly all season. They have turned teams over regularly, they sit in 2nd place clear by 4 points, and maybe their (lack of) performance had a lot to do with our's.

Well they didn’t look like a team that was miles apart from us. My comments on the first half reflect that. I’ve sat through plenty of games over the years where we’ve been dominated by teams that were going on to be promoted.

I didn’t see that tonight. Yes they are second but if we play to our potential we aren’t far off.

I think we began running out of steam and 20 mins to go played deeper and deeper.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 12 Dec 2017 01:21

leon I’ve sat through plenty of games over the years where we’ve been dominated by teams that were going on to be promoted. I didn’t see that tonight.

Yep, I hear ya. Im not sure they will either. Tho again, maybe we made them look worse. And of course...I'm sure in our time we've all sat thru us being dominated by teams that weren't going anywhere at all, i.e way worse than Cardiff.

It's interesting tho, huh? There are actually people in here talking Colin up...'he really knows what's required to get promoted from this division', etc. Which of course, compared to Stam's level of managerial experience, I imagine he would. That's not particularly shocking, to me at least. You buy off on that when you make your managerial appointments, I guess.

But then again, on any other given week... 'I wouldn't want Colin here, no way, over my dead body!'.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 12 Dec 2017 05:06

Denver Royal
But then again, on any other given week... 'I wouldn't want Colin here, no way, over my dead body!'.

Though most hate him rather than love him , what is undeniable about Colin is that he’s arguably .....note the word.....one of the very the best managers of the lower if not all football leagues divisions ever. His record is undeniable . I don’t hate him I respect him and admire what an amazing job he does at clubs in dire positions and with tiny resources.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 12 Dec 2017 05:07

Denver Royal

Though most hate him rather than love him , what is undeniable about Colin is that he’s arguably .....note the word.....one of the very the best managers of the lower if not all football leagues divisions ever. His record is undeniable . I don’t hate him I respect him and admire what an amazing job he does at clubs in dire positions and with tiny resources.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 12 Dec 2017 06:12

You can say that again

107 posts