strap
Hob Nob Regular

Nigel Gibbs & Karl Halabi leave Swansea

by strap » 20 Dec 2017 20:54

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Nigel Gibbs & Karl Halabi leave Swansea

by maffff » 29 Mar 2018 14:00

Turns out it was the right board after all strap.

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 29 Mar 2018 14:35

nigel gibbs and karl Halabi
now with Paul clement at Reading :D

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 29 Mar 2018 14:37

Reading Football Club are pleased to announce the return of two former promotion-winning first team coaching staff – Nigel Gibbs and Karl Halabi - who, having each played integral roles as part of successful spells at Madejski Stadium already, now join new manager Paul Clement’s coaching team.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 29 Mar 2018 14:45

North Royal Lad Reading Football Club are pleased to announce the return of two former promotion-winning first team coaching staff – Nigel Gibbs and Karl Halabi - who, having each played integral roles as part of successful spells at Madejski Stadium already, now join new manager Paul Clement’s coaching team.

Good news.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 29 Mar 2018 16:19

tee peg
North Royal Lad Reading Football Club are pleased to announce the return of two former promotion-winning first team coaching staff – Nigel Gibbs and Karl Halabi - who, having each played integral roles as part of successful spells at Madejski Stadium already, now join new manager Paul Clement’s coaching team.

Good news.

I agree

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Mar 2018 17:50

Pretty good to have two people back who might have a bit of a connection with a few players and who know the club.

It's also interesting that Gibbs is working with Clement, as you'd have to say McDermott's successful approach with us is not really similar to a possession based passing game. It suggests there might be a degree more pragmatism and urgency going forward than perhaps we've seen under Stam and Adkins.

I think I'd probably still like at least one more coach in... although Clement is obviously a world class coach, my understanding is that managers don't actually take much in the way of training sessions with the players these days.... more sort of oversee everything.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 29 Mar 2018 18:08

Snowflake Royal Pretty good to have two people back who might have a bit of a connection with a few players and who know the club.

It's also interesting that Gibbs is working with Clement, as you'd have to say McDermott's successful approach with us is not really similar to a possession based passing game. It suggests there might be a degree more pragmatism and urgency going forward than perhaps we've seen under Stam and Adkins.

I think I'd probably still like at least one more coach in... although Clement is obviously a world class coach, my understanding is that managers don't actually take much in the way of training sessions with the players these days.... more sort of oversee everything.

I thought Stam took training sessions......
Good news though, promising as well for the likes of Aluko to maybe get a fresh start. Who knows he may yet be worth 7.5 mill.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Mar 2018 18:17

Ascotexgunner
Snowflake Royal Pretty good to have two people back who might have a bit of a connection with a few players and who know the club.

Good news though, promising as well for the likes of Aluko to maybe get a fresh start. Who knows he may yet be worth 7.5 mill.

I may well be completely wrong, it's just a random impression I've got somewhere...

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 29 Mar 2018 18:26

Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner

I may well be completely wrong, it's just a random impression I've got somewhere...

You maybe right, I just saw a lot of interviews from the training ground with him in training gear. Maybe it was for show.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Mar 2018 18:41

Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner

I read that Ancelotti didn’t take any training sessions at Madrid and he left it up to Clement and co.

I would have thought that wasn’t particularly common at this level though in fairness, again, don’t really know.

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 29 Mar 2018 19:04

Ascotexgunner
Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner

You maybe right, I just saw a lot of interviews from the training ground with him in training gear. Maybe it was for show.

:lol: what did you want Stam to wear to training. A tuxedo?

FYI it's really up to the manager how much involvement in training they have. Some will oversee the coaches implementing their sessions and some will be hands on. Either way, they will always be there and dip in and out as they see appropriate.

And Ian, if you thing Stam either want pragmatic then you're having a laugh. He was just shit at it.

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1