BFT £&*@!! - Burton

129 posts
Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: BFT £&*@!! - Burton

by Kitsondinho » 23 Dec 2017 18:48

Schmeichel the dog Liam Moore's reaction at the end was interesting. Looks like he could be off and who could blame him after that shambles.

Be such a shame but looks almost certain......and I agree, we can’t blame him! I’d want a transfer right now!!

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 23 Dec 2017 18:50

Kitsondinho
Schmeichel the dog Liam Moore's reaction at the end was interesting. Looks like he could be off and who could blame him after that shambles.

Be such a shame but looks almost certain......and I agree, we can’t blame him! I’d want a transfer right now!!

I missed that. Please elaborate...

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 23 Dec 2017 18:51

Watched the highlights. Even they were painful. The last goal was comical. Personally that looked like it was on par with Bristol Rovers 6-0 and Crystal Palace 6-1 in terms of embarrassing.

Clough says we are a good side. Yeah right, he's just hoping we keep hold of Stam as it might give his poor League One should-bes a chance of staying up.

Burton absolute cack themselves. Stam out. Pillock has had more than enough time

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 23 Dec 2017 18:55

Emeraldroyal
Kitsondinho

He was down on his haunches near the centre spot and looked more than a little bit miffed/upset. I did shout: "Life's got to be better at Celtic, Liam" which didn't seem to cheer him up too much.

Also, Swifty went out of his way to pretty much walk the length of the East stand ... and clap to a virtually empty stand.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Dec 2017 18:56

John Madejski's Wallet
Huh, and here's me thinking a manager is supposed to get a team playing

Team picks itself more or less on who is fit currently. Squad lacks real depth.

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 23 Dec 2017 18:58

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Emeraldroyal
Kitsondinho Be such a shame but looks almost certain......and I agree, we can’t blame him! I’d want a transfer right now!!

He was down on his haunches near the centre spot and looked more than a little bit miffed/upset. I did shout: "Life's got to be better at Celtic, Liam" which didn't seem to cheer him up too much.

Also, Swifty went out of his way to pretty much walk the length of the East stand ... and clap to a virtually empty stand.

Oh dear. :(

Be hard to resist in fairness. Much as the SPL is a foregone conclusion each year he’s likely to boost his salary and get European football year on year.

But I’ve heard Prem clubs are sniffing too.
Either way it’s a real shame if that’s what happens.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 23 Dec 2017 18:58

John Madejski's Wallet
RG7Fan
John Madejski's Wallet Stam just needs to bugger off now

Disagree with that - this is a fairly stable line up. If professional players who earn several thousand pounds a week and who play regularly together cant string proper passes together, tackle the opposition, etc. then that's their fault, not Stams.

Really?

Huh, and here's me thinking a manager is supposed to get a team playing

The manager has his job to do, I agree. BUT if you're playing in the last game before Xmas, the 500th at the stadium (with cheap tickets to encourage a big crowd) against a team 3rd from bottom and you cant pass, tackle, move, etc. then that's not the managers fault in my view.

Henley Royal 1

by Henley Royal 1 » 23 Dec 2017 19:00

The first half stank the place out i have always wanted to back Stam but finding that performance hard to take if Moore goes we are snookered .Its only lager and Wigans result thats keeping me afloat .

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 23 Dec 2017 19:03

I won’t add much to what’s already been said. A gutless performance against a dogsh*t Burton team.
Passing was absolutely atrocious as somebody else mentioned it looked like they had been on the sauce last night.

What saddened me was we clearly had a whole batch of ‘new support’ clearly identifiable by their paper tickets in hand, and general poor georgraphy finding their way around :roll: but a performance might have attracted a few back. Today won’t have helped.
My son was bored out of his brain and kept asking me to check LiveScore for other games...sad because a club like Reading needs to retain / attract support and today was a massive step backwards.

I have no idea what the solution is.
I’ll be in Bristol freezing my nuts off. I’ll
Leave the boy at home.

Keep the faith.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 23 Dec 2017 19:06

Struck me that if Mannone had stayed on his feet instead of doing his impression of a sloth bear crossing a road he could just have strolled across and picked the ball up for the second goal.

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 23 Dec 2017 19:08

Norfolk Royal Struck me that if Mannone had stayed on his feet instead of doing his impression of a sloth bear crossing a road he could just have strolled across and picked the ball up for the second goal.

I’m not so sure.
It just looked like an absolute freak of a goal and he clearly wasn’t / shouldn’t expect his defender to have such a complete mare.

I’ll watch the highlights later and may change my tune.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Dec 2017 19:14

Actually thought the second half was pretty entertaining in a slightly car-crashy sort of way. Didn’t detect anyone switching off around me

First half was utter poop though

Think a bit much being read into any Liam Moore reaction. Reality is though little to play for now this year. He is clearly ambitious and he could prob get a move to the likes of West Ham or Stoke and he’d be foolish to pass it up tbh

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 23 Dec 2017 19:24

I'm trying to remember a worse 1st half performance; but am struggling ! Even going back to the Bullivant/Burns/Adkins/Clarke stewardship.

Changes have to be made; otherwise like the England cricket team and Broad, Ali and Cook; they can just be allowed to rock up and pick up their appearance money. Kermit was awfully slow-these days unless the ball is played directly to him; he just doesn't want to know. So big Daddy now deserves a start-actually he did alright when he came on. We also need a dominant CH; although McShane didn't do much wrong-his physicality has just gone-time to give Tyler a go (yes I know-but at least he's a bit of a beast). Joey was just awful full stop. There was that moment in the 2nd half when we broke out at speed seeking the equalizer & he just waved everyone past him & just couldn't get going. Trouble is-if Swifty can only play 30 mins-we have no one to replace him-unless Richards is given a punt and Bacuna moved to CM.

Changes have to be made-we cannot carry on with players being allowed to get away with a performance like that-without a clear warning that failure to perform means you are ditched.

IMHO:

Mannone 5: Couple of regulation saves; a couple of awful kicks-in the circumstances should he even have been playing ?
Gunter 5: A couple of good crosses from supposedly his weaker left foot. But he is a senior pro & needs to take on responsibility; not continually wuss out of big plays.
Bacuna 6: It wasn't all bad-but certainly not one of his better games.

Moore 6: MOM, tried to drive the team on 2nd half-could he be tried in Joey's position if all else fails. More gutted than anyone at the end; but that pass back wont help his Wet Sham ambition.

Mc Shane 5: Not dominant ; but didn't do much wrong.
Joey 2: Absolute embarrassment. Too slow and unathletic. Time for the long drop.
Kelly 6: It wasn't all bad- but it took him an age to have a go-from which Barrow scored. I think someone in the front row told him you are supposed to take a shot when you are in the penalty area.
Edwards 4: Just bad.

Alukho 3 : The odd bits of good work, but generally just didn't turn up-he is having a horror season-I am waiting for him to set the team alight-but it just doesn't look as if it is going to happen. He looks totally overawed.

Kermit 2: The end of the line I am afraid-he has now become detrimental to the team.
Barrow 6: Some moments ; but he rarely came alive.

Swifty: Obviously not fit & caught on the ball a few times- but he did spark us into life.
Big Daddy: Has to start-a big awkward lump-but he has a bit of pace, and put in a couple of decent crosses.

Ref: We were so bad-we made him look good-missed however an obvious yellow when a Burton defender launched the ball into the stand after the whistle has blown.

And yes I am in the keep jap Stam camp-but give him only just enough money for a LB and sort of striker in Jan-but don't spend big money. LB is the big priority and we just have to muddle through without a striker.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 23 Dec 2017 19:32

Emeraldroyal
Kitsondinho

He was pissed off we lost. Through his sock tape on the floor in disgust. Apparently that is the international gesture for “oxf*rd this shit I am leaving in January”

Dreary me.... :roll:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 23 Dec 2017 19:34

McDermolenko As I told Ady on BBC Berkshire during the post match reaction, we need to have a little patience as Rome really wasn’t built in a day.

We’ve had 7/8 manager stints in the past 7 years and it’s got us absolutely bloody nowhere.

Stam is playing a style of football that is closest to emulating that of a team with genuine European pedigree. Hoof ball doesn’t belong in Europe, and alas sticking Pulis in the managers seat won’t gain us any long term success at all.

If you disagree, just p off.

You came across as a stereotypical wannabe speak sound bites fan on the radio and appears you want to repeat that on here - well done.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 23 Dec 2017 19:40

Flew back two days ago and this was my first game in four years. Turned up with the old man and was determined to try and be positive despite having doubts about the team from countless streams in the US. I have to say it was soul destroying. The atmosphere was poor, there was no buzz, the players had no identity, tempo, drive or desire to go after the game and everyone around was either complaining or just sat there numb. Burton had two shots on goal and reminded me of the relegation strugglers like York and Lincoln from the early days of the Madstad, they were woeful and somehow came away with a championship three points thanks to some of the worst defending I've ever witnessed. It was comical.

I have tickets to the Birmingham game and just have no desire to go. we have some quality players but a manager I have absolutely no faith in. This style will not work in the championship, play to the players strengths.

Such a sad day, barely recognize the club I had a season ticket at for 13 years. The video of the greats beforehand brought back some good memories, then we served up one of the worst performances from a reading team I've ever seen.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Dec 2017 19:46

Opposition goalkeepers distribution- 0/10

People being so bored they started lighting up phones - 0/10

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Dec 2017 19:47

Their keeper couldn’t kick could he? Was quite comical just spooning off his foot in all directions

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 23 Dec 2017 19:48

Absolute Rubbish!
We have gone backwards. Got lucky last year with dull boring football.
This year found out with clueless, dull, uninspiring 'football'

Personally bored to tears at the moment and cannot blame anyone for staying away

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 23 Dec 2017 19:55

FiNeRaIn Flew back two days ago and this was my first game in four years. Turned up with the old man and was determined to try and be positive despite having doubts about the team from countless streams in the US. I have to say it was soul destroying. The atmosphere was poor, there was no buzz, the players had no identity, tempo, drive or desire to go after the game and everyone around was either complaining or just sat there numb. Burton had two shots on goal and reminded me of the relegation strugglers like York and Lincoln from the early days of the Madstad, they were woeful and somehow came away with a championship three points thanks to some of the worst defending I've ever witnessed. It was comical.

I have tickets to the Birmingham game and just have no desire to go. we have some quality players but a manager I have absolutely no faith in. This style will not work in the championship, play to the players strengths.

Such a sad day, barely recognize the club I had a season ticket at for 13 years. The video of the greats beforehand brought back some good memories, then we served up one of the worst performances from a reading team I've ever seen.

Absolutely this. Top post, FRers.... You and me both. I've hardly seen a game in the past twenty years but now I'm back every month for a week or so, I *was* looking forward to catching up with mates regularly and a bit of silky, sunshine passionate footy. The first is a bonus ... and after today (and Wolves last month) I'm having second thoughts about the latter.

I wish I were never so full of hope. It's the hope that kills us.

I would normally be at Ashton Gate tomorrow but there are no bloomin' trains, and I'm going to either Newbury races or Maidenhead United next Saturday, but I guess I'll be at the Brum game, though.... sigh.

129 posts