BFT £&*@!! - Burton

129 posts
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: BFT £&*@!! - Burton

by John Madejski's Wallet » 23 Dec 2017 20:01

Winston Biscuit
People being so bored they started lighting up phones - 0/10

Yeah what was that all about?
We'll embarassing

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 23 Dec 2017 20:06

John Madejski's Wallet
Winston Biscuit
People being so bored they started lighting up phones - 0/10

Yeah what was that all about?
We'll embarassing

The lazier version of a Mexican wave when your bored. Looked quite sweet and christmassy. Even counted 4 Burton fans joining in. Well done them.

La Flama Blanca

by La Flama Blanca » 23 Dec 2017 20:11

Having criticised our fans and attendance before, today was the perfect opportunity for Stam to give a lot of fans a good reason to return. Instead he helps orchestrate one of the worst games I can remember for a long time and must have left a lot of people remembering why it is they haven't been going to games. The players didn't look interested, the atmosphere was absolutely flat and for most of the game only the handful of Burton fans could be heard.
It baffles me how some people still want Stam to stay. He is an arrogant, clueless man who shows no real warmth towards the fans or passion towards the club a lot of the time. He's responsible for the increasingly low attendances and a lot of fans general apathy right now. Get rid of him.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 23 Dec 2017 20:12

Westwood52 I'm trying to remember a worse 1st half performance; but am struggling ! Even going back to the Bullivant/Burns/Adkins/Clarke stewardship.

Changes have to be made; otherwise like the England cricket team and Broad, Ali and Cook; they can just be allowed to rock up and pick up their appearance money. Kermit was awfully slow-these days unless the ball is played directly to him; he just doesn't want to know. So big Daddy now deserves a start-actually he did alright when he came on. We also need a dominant CH; although McShane didn't do much wrong-his physicality has just gone-time to give Tyler a go (yes I know-but at least he's a bit of a beast). Joey was just awful full stop. There was that moment in the 2nd half when we broke out at speed seeking the equalizer & he just waved everyone past him & just couldn't get going. Trouble is-if Swifty can only play 30 mins-we have no one to replace him-unless Richards is given a punt and Bacuna moved to CM.

Changes have to be made-we cannot carry on with players being allowed to get away with a performance like that-without a clear warning that failure to perform means you are ditched.

IMHO:

Mannone 5: Couple of regulation saves; a couple of awful kicks-in the circumstances should he even have been playing ?
Gunter 5: A couple of good crosses from supposedly his weaker left foot. But he is a senior pro & needs to take on responsibility; not continually wuss out of big plays.
Bacuna 6: It wasn't all bad-but certainly not one of his better games.

Moore 6: MOM, tried to drive the team on 2nd half-could he be tried in Joey's position if all else fails. More gutted than anyone at the end; but that pass back wont help his Wet Sham ambition.

Mc Shane 5: Not dominant ; but didn't do much wrong.
Joey 2: Absolute embarrassment. Too slow and unathletic. Time for the long drop.
Kelly 6: It wasn't all bad- but it took him an age to have a go-from which Barrow scored. I think someone in the front row told him you are supposed to take a shot when you are in the penalty area.
Edwards 4: Just bad.

Alukho 3 : The odd bits of good work, but generally just didn't turn up-he is having a horror season-I am waiting for him to set the team alight-but it just doesn't look as if it is going to happen. He looks totally overawed.

Kermit 2: The end of the line I am afraid-he has now become detrimental to the team.
Barrow 6: Some moments ; but he rarely came alive.

Swifty: Obviously not fit & caught on the ball a few times- but he did spark us into life.
Big Daddy: Has to start-a big awkward lump-but he has a bit of pace, and put in a couple of decent crosses.

Ref: We were so bad-we made him look good-missed however an obvious yellow when a Burton defender launched the ball into the stand after the whistle has blown.

And yes I am in the keep jap Stam camp-but give him only just enough money for a LB and sort of striker in Jan-but don't spend big money. LB is the big priority and we just have to muddle through without a striker.

Saved me typing it - hard to disagree with any of that.

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 23 Dec 2017 20:21

McDermolenko As I told Ady on BBC Berkshire during the post match reaction, we need to have a little patience as Rome really wasn’t built in a day.

We’ve had 7/8 manager stints in the past 7 years and it’s got us absolutely bloody nowhere.

Stam is playing a style of football that is closest to emulating that of a team with genuine European pedigree. Hoof ball doesn’t belong in Europe, and alas sticking Pulis in the managers seat won’t gain us any long term success at all.

If you disagree, just p off.

How long did it take to build Rome ?

Stam has had 18 months already.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 23 Dec 2017 20:27

It’s been said and I will repeat - Mannone should not of been out there. Sadly his worst performance in a Reading shirt. Understandably he seemed he wanted to be anywhere but a football pitch and how he did not save that second goal was baffling, comical and just dreadful goalkeeping.

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 23 Dec 2017 20:28

IMHO, we are great against open attacking teams - I have seen the best football under Stam as well as the worst. If a team lines up with 5 at the back and plays defensively we have been poor. Again, IMHO this is a combination of not having technically good enough players and not changing the system (being flexible).

McDermolenko

by McDermolenko » 23 Dec 2017 20:28

paultheroyal
McDermolenko As I told Ady on BBC Berkshire during the post match reaction, we need to have a little patience as Rome really wasn’t built in a day.

We’ve had 7/8 manager stints in the past 7 years and it’s got us absolutely bloody nowhere.

Stam is playing a style of football that is closest to emulating that of a team with genuine European pedigree. Hoof ball doesn’t belong in Europe, and alas sticking Pulis in the managers seat won’t gain us any long term success at all.

You came across as a stereotypical wannabe speak sound bites fan on the radio and appears you want to repeat that on here - well done.

You’re lucky that they cut me off when they did otherwise I’d have knocked your backwards way of thinking back into last Tuesday.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 23 Dec 2017 20:30

Oh and fair play to the three lads in the upper west for a laugh set off the camera light procession. Summed up the day really. Sadly I can see that catching up but a case of swapping the white handkerchief for the phone light.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 23 Dec 2017 20:30

McDermolenko
paultheroyal

You came across as a stereotypical wannabe speak sound bites fan on the radio and appears you want to repeat that on here - well done.

You’re lucky that they cut me off when they did otherwise I’d have knocked your backwards way of thinking back into last Tuesday.

They cut you off for a reason - HTH

McDermolenko

by McDermolenko » 23 Dec 2017 20:32

paultheroyal
McDermolenko
paultheroyal

Yeah the reason being that Stam had come to speak with them at that point you spastic

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Dec 2017 20:37

The players were abject, but the set up was just as bad.

You can't field a playmaker like Kelly and ask him to cover at right back and stand between the centrebacks and watch them push forward.

The whole shape is wrong. We're relying on our centrebacks to be the creative outlet. It's stupid. Our fullbacks push high up the pitch and our midfield either drops into defence or stands next to the striker. There's no movement. The players run away from the ball, there's almost never two quick passes forward in a row because each player is isolated and only those behind are in space.

The desire for how to play is right, but the set up, execution and application is terrible.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Dec 2017 20:42

madstadblues IMHO, we are great against open attacking teams - I have seen the best football under Stam as well as the worst. If a team lines up with 5 at the back and plays defensively we have been poor. Again, IMHO this is a combination of not having technically good enough players and not changing the system (being flexible).

This is very true. Exactly my thoughts

We seem to line up exactly the same against whoever we play and expect them to attack and give us space to run into. We really seem to struggle against teams who sit deep

Not a huge Beerens fan, but him and McCleary are our best ‘end product’ players along with Swift. I’d like to see us to 4-2-4 against these teams where necessary and play those 2 with Dadi and Yann to aim for

Barrow is great and I’d always start him, but need to be able to switch the system when it isn’t working

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Dec 2017 20:45

Snowflake Royal The players were abject, but the set up was just as bad.

You can't field a playmaker like Kelly and ask him to cover at right back and stand between the centrebacks and watch them push forward.

The whole shape is wrong. We're relying on our centrebacks to be the creative outlet. It's stupid. Our fullbacks push high up the pitch and our midfield either drops into defence or stands next to the striker. There's no movement. The players run away from the ball, there's almost never two quick passes forward in a row because each player is isolated and only those behind are in space.

The desire for how to play is right, but the set up, execution and application is terrible.

I think you’re right to an extent, but Swift coming on improved this a lot. Actually picked the ball up between the lines

We just played abysmally to be honest. Couldn’t string two passes together and let in two of the softest goals imaginable

Kelly is no playmaker at the moment imo. He is a big part of the problem - so negative

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Dec 2017 20:58

Hound
Snowflake Royal The players were abject, but the set up was just as bad.

I think you’re right to an extent, but Swift coming on improved this a lot. Actually picked the ball up between the lines

We just played abysmally to be honest. Couldn’t string two passes together and let in two of the softest goals imaginable

Kelly is no playmaker at the moment imo. He is a big part of the problem - so negative

With no movement and being totally bypassed Kelly will never be good. Yes he was poor today despite that though.

Swift was a terrible sub for me, particularly for Edwards. Yes, he gave us a bit more quality on the ball and broke the lines a little. But with such abject play all around him it was never going to be very effective. We needed someone who could grab the game by the scruff and drive forward.

He tends to hold on to the ball and get over intricate. And he's soft as shite defensively. I don't remember who was on the bench, but anyone would have improved on the terrible displays from Aluko and Barrow. Anyone would have been less of a passenger than Kelly.

Bod should have been on 20 minutes earlier. And he has to start next game.

We need a fullback. We need Bacuna in midfield, he'll drive forward. We need midfielders to play in midfield, defenders to defend and support the midfield's creativeness, not be the 'creative' ones

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 23 Dec 2017 21:02

McDermolenko
paultheroyal
McDermolenko

Yeah the reason being that Stam had come to speak with them at that point you spastic

Keeping it classy I see... well done x

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Dec 2017 21:05

Err isn't McDermolenko a known WUM?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Dec 2017 21:07

I actually thought Swift did drive us forward a bit. He wasn’t brilliant but he got on the ball and got it out to the flanks. Would have brought him on for Kelly. Bod should have come on at half time, certainly no later than 60 mins

I wouldn’t agree there was no movement up front - Moore picked out a couple of lovely balls to Bacuna and Barrow is constantly moving. It’s hard to get in behind when they are sitting so deep though which is where you expect the likes of Kelly to ping into the forwards feet

Was whinging on to my son for the last half hour about bringing McCleary on. Replaced the awful and positionally clueless Aluko and could have possibly played RWB to allow Bacuna into midfield, or full on right wing.

wiggso

by wiggso » 23 Dec 2017 21:14

Not sure Dave Edwards should be trying to get book sales and fancy photos in the megastore after today

Dreadful. Him and the rest.
One of the worst performances in years....really.... so upset with today's performance

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Dec 2017 21:21

Hound I actually thought Swift did drive us forward a bit. He wasn’t brilliant but he got on the ball and got it out to the flanks. Would have brought him on for Kelly. Bod should have come on at half time, certainly no later than 60 mins

I wouldn’t agree there was no movement up front - Moore picked out a couple of lovely balls to Bacuna and Barrow is constantly moving. It’s hard to get in behind when they are sitting so deep though which is where you expect the likes of Kelly to ping into the forwards feet

Was whinging on to my son for the last half hour about bringing McCleary on. Replaced the awful and positionally clueless Aluko and could have possibly played RWB to allow Bacuna into midfield, or full on right wing.

Yeah, not saying he wasn't an improvement, just don't think it was the best move.

I thought Barrow had a shocker, our best attacker, but just not up for it today. Terrible crossing too.

God, it was just irredeemably bad.

There's a really good team in there, with a couple of obvious weak points. But we're so devoid of initiative. It can only be Stam stifling their instincts and dictating what they have to do.

129 posts