BFT £&*@!! - Burton

129 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFT £&*@!! - Burton

by leon » 24 Dec 2017 00:01

Denver Royal
Schmeichel the dog Liam Moore's reaction at the end was interesting. Looks like he could be off and who could blame him after that shambles.

Or maybe his reaction was...'Yikes, I made an awful feck up, which handed them the game at a time when we had just got back in it and could have gone on to win it'.

That doesn't fit the narrative of the Stam and/or club bashing, but that's pretty much how I'd have felt as a player when I was playing.

Are there many current/former players in here? Because when I played, if I had a stinker of a game, about the last thing I'd do is blame my manager for it. I'd know full well that I was capable of playing much better than that, that I should have done so, and instead I let my manager down.

All the players have played much better than that in recent weeks. (You know...when Stam picked a settled side and stuck with it...like he should have...even though he 'stumbled across it by accident'. And of course, now he should be changing things up again...).

Interesting that Burton have so much 'team spirit', and their fans out-sang us and they 'sang all game long'? Not too shabby for a bottom 3 team that pretty much plays every game with a lone striker and 9 men behind the ball.

Burton had about 10 fans and you couldn’t hear them at all. That said fair fcuks to them they got the points.

We’ve exchanged posts in the past DR about the quality of the football and really it’s shit. I’ve seen one decent game this season maybe two.

It’s embarrassing. As are Stams comments after the game.

It’s not my fault it’s the players. Really? We’ve played like this for months. Bar 3 good games?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Dec 2017 00:06

Schmeichel the dog Liam Moore's reaction at the end was interesting. Looks like he could be off and who could blame him after that shambles.

To be honest his reaction may have reflected in his part of their outrageously lucky winner.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 24 Dec 2017 00:12

When we scored I didn’t even bother to cheer we didn’t deserve it and at least justice was done with that farcical winner. As crap as Stam is as a manager the players are not blameless. This is the most expensive squad assembled in the history of our club double the budget of Burton and not one of them took it upon themselves to be brave on the ball and make things happen, instead choosing the easy sideways or back option. It would be nice if just someone came out and apologised for that shambles. I’m a season ticket holder and I just can’t bare the thought of sitting through that crap again.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Dec 2017 00:31

Anyone notice how empty the directors box is these days? half a dozen people in the front row every game, and that's it, not sure if our elusive owners ever turn up. but that seems the trend with our last 3 owners.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Dec 2017 00:36

Ok seriously we were shite but why are some making out like Burton in any way shape or form deserved anything either? On the basis of that game if there was any justice both teams would have somehow got 0pts.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Dec 2017 00:42

tidus_mi2 Ok seriously we were shite but why are some making out like Burton in any way shape or form deserved anything either? On the basis of that game if there was any justice both teams would have somehow got 0pts.

They had 2 shots on target. We didn’t.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Dec 2017 02:25

leon
tidus_mi2 Ok seriously we were shite but why are some making out like Burton in any way shape or form deserved anything either? On the basis of that game if there was any justice both teams would have somehow got 0pts.

Stats say we did.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Dec 2017 10:00

Burton were a desperately limited team. But they stuck to their game plan, didn’t make huge horrendous defensive howlers and did what they needed to do - hence deserved the win

For all the different criticisms, many justified, we simply cannot gift every other team a goal headstart. For me Stam needs to try something new as his current back 4 just isn’t working

I’d play Gunter Moore Ilori Richards as a back 4, see if that is any better. I’d even pick Blackett above McShane at CB

double d

by double d » 24 Dec 2017 10:00

:lol: :lol: :lol:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Dec 2017 10:27

tidus_mi2
leon

Stats say we did.

Right. ok. I must have slipped into a coma at that point and missed those.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Dec 2017 10:34

1 for the goal, 1 for a tame Aluko shot in the first half.

I'm not sure why people are having a go at Burton. They obviously lack quality, so they play to their strengths and did exactly what they needed to do to win. Much more desire than us as well. Their number 9 with the dreadlocks who came on in the second half ran himself into the ground, and was knackered by the end.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 24 Dec 2017 10:47

Jackson Corner As crap as Stam is as a manager the players are not blameless.

Totally Agree. I honestly am baffled. I can understand how a team perform so terribly for 45 minutes. But surely they go in for half time oranges, and Paul McShane one of the team must say "WTAF IS GOING ON??????!!!!" And Stam must come in and let loose on the bunch, send them out with some energy and to change things.

windermereROYAL Anyone notice how empty the directors box is these days? half a dozen people in the front row every game, and that's it, not sure if our elusive owners ever turn up. but that seems the trend with our last 3 owners.

Yea I noticed that. There was about 5-6 people in the front row of the white directors seats, and the other 20 or so were just empty.

Hound I’d play Gunter Moore Ilori Richards as a back 4, see if that is any better. I’d even pick Blackett above McShane at CB

Nothing personal here but comments like this are doing my nut in.

Honestly, it doesn't matter if we have Ronaldo, Bale, Messi on the pitch or Me, my fat mate, and his Uncle Dave, the performance HAS to be better, the intensity has to be better and honestly, if I was playing I think I'd play with more energy and enthusiasm and a better plan than some of what we saw yesterday.

Fine tuning a team of 11 internationals is secondary. Something more critical is missing.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 24 Dec 2017 11:48

At the game I thought Mannone was unluckily wrongfooted for their winner, but the highlights suggest he instead caught a bad case of Hanhnemannshortarmitis. Awful.

And the highlights are actually way kinder to JvB than he deserves.
Wondering if his airshot leading up to it was anything like as good as this one:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 24 Dec 2017 12:47

I am still extremely angry about that below than abject performance. McShane should not be captain, Edwards isn't perfect but he should be as he at least was one of the few who tries. McShane should also be dropped as his performances have been shocking all season and it's rubbing off on the team. Ilori has been poor but I'd rather play him! Richards isn't perfect but he seems fairly capable at this level. We are leaking goals left right and centre so we have nothing to lose.

The game also confirms that Kermorgant shouldn't be starting. Bodvarsson should start and Kermorgant should be brought on to see games out. He's a good defender after all.

If Stam does not have the common sense to see that then he has to go. I'd also drop Kelly for Boxing Day. He's way overrated and lightweight. If Evans is fit then he has to come back in.

Those players are so soft, not one of them has the balls to publicly come out and apologise for that display. If I performed like that at work I'd be out the door. After all the effort 22,000 fans made and they can't be bothered. Well why should a season ticket holder like me bother if the team can't be bothered? Those were the loudest boos I've ever heard and I've attended at least 200 home games at the Madejski. Even if we played half to our potential we'd have won that game. Burton will go down, bar Barnsley they're the worst team I've seen this season.

The players need to look long and hard at themselves. Stam is walking on thin ice

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 24 Dec 2017 21:52

windermereROYAL
Hound Another little dig at the fans doesn’t help his cause

What did he say this time?

Was it something about our fans being a bunch of moany entitled pcunts who are getting the performances they deserve?

Because if so, ‘greed

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 24 Dec 2017 21:59

Silver Fox Was it something about our fans being a bunch of moany entitled pcunts who are getting the performances they deserve?

Because if so, ‘greed

Many of our fans are moaning, joyless, overly critical deluded idiots who deserve to be told this.

But many aren't. Quite a bit chunk of those who traipse down to the ground week out in and week out are supportive and fair minded.

They don't deserve any criticism. I don't agree with any criticism Jaap has to the fans.

I'd be FAR LESS ANGRY if he acknowledged yesterday's "performance" truthfully. I honestly do think it's something that is worthy of an apology it was that bad.

Booing was deserved (I never thought I'd say that)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Dec 2017 22:03

Silver Fox
windermereROYAL
Hound Another little dig at the fans doesn’t help his cause

Was it something about our fans being a bunch of moany entitled pcunts who are getting the performances they deserve?

Because if so, ‘greed
if it wasn’t for the fact that it was a Silver Fox post, then I’d agree :wink:

However, that was a little weak

We are not all “entitled” (tips hat to mags etc)........moany? yes

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Dec 2017 22:29

AthleticoSpizz
Silver Fox
windermereROYAL

Because if so, ‘greed
if it wasn’t for the fact that it was a Silver Fox post, then I’d agree :wink:

However, that was a little weak

We are not all “entitled” (tips hat to mags etc)........moany? yes

I don’t buy this at all.

Compared to other supporters RFC fans are fairly patient. The shit we’ve been served up in the last 5 years with various chancers and wage stealers other clubs fans would have smashed the place up and shat on the pitch.

So saying, based on the fans views of the quite appalling spectacle we’ve been subjected to that we’re entitled and have ridiculous expectations is utter, utter bollocks.

Happy Christmas.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Dec 2017 22:44

Merry christmas Leon ......... cannot be bothered to list the boring and sh1t games that I have sat through.

Yesterday was not the worst

It came close tho’ :|

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 24 Dec 2017 22:45

AthleticoSpizz Merry christmas Leon ......... cannot be bothered to list the boring and sh1t games that I have sat through.

Yesterday was not the worst

It came close tho’ :|

I can't think of a worst game

Out of interest which ones have been worse than that in your view?

129 posts