BFT £&*@!! - Burton

129 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFT £&*@!! - Burton

by leon » 24 Dec 2017 22:48

AthleticoSpizz Merry christmas Leon ......... cannot be bothered to list the boring and sh1t games that I have sat through.

Yesterday was not the worst

It came close tho’ :|

:lol:

Yeah fair point. Have a good one.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Dec 2017 22:50

0-3 Walsall
0-3 Palace
0-3 someother team that I cannot be bothered remembering....Twatford?

One game after the other

0-2 v ‘boro....I actually read my programme mid-game, it was that boring and bad

1-6 Palarse

0-2 Milwall....a masterclass from them

Shall I go on? No

I’d rather not

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 24 Dec 2017 23:12

I seem to forget games it seems so I'll take your word for it.

I think in my mind what made it seem worse was the occasion. I know it's not an occasion of any real value other than a 500game landmark.

It was more the £5 promotion, the bumper crowd, the club continually marketing it and posting videos of old games and old players memories etc...

It's the last game before Christmas.

For me personally I brought a m8 along whose never been before too.

All of this added up to just utter sh*te.

It maybe would have seemed less significant and less enraging had it been a standard cold Tuesday night against Leeds or Hull.

It was also the manner of their second goal. The body language of the players such as when Mannone kicked the ball straight out of play from a goal keep in anger.

Anyway. We're all agreed it was shit.

Have any players said anything about it. Or is it thenusual guff about "we willl look to the next game to do better".

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 25 Dec 2017 08:59

AthleticoSpizz 0-3 someother team that I cannot be bothered remembering....Twatford?

Wimbledon.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Dec 2017 09:54

windermereROYAL
AthleticoSpizz 0-3 someother team that I cannot be bothered remembering....Twatford?

Wimbledon.

Boxing Day IIRC and it is, to this date, the only game I have left early. Seem to remember a young Jobi McAnuff tearing us apart.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 25 Dec 2017 10:15

Hendo
windermereROYAL

Wimbledon.

Boxing Day IIRC and it is, to this date, the only game I have left early. Seem to remember a young Jobi McAnuff tearing us apart.

Has to be said, that was the early days off Super Steve Coppell`s management, that didn't work out too bad did it?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Dec 2017 10:21

I actually thought the second half was entertaining. Abysmal standard - yes. Boring - no.

The first half was one of the w@nkest halves of footy I’ve ever witnessed

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 25 Dec 2017 11:42

Two things that I felt summed up the attitude of the players.
Firstly that Swift was the only player to come across to the East Stand at the end of the game-shame on the rest of them.

Secondly when there was an injury break in the second half none of the players spoke to each other.
We all know that if it had been an amateur game the players would have been around each other talking about what they should or should not be doing-where is the team ethic?

Stam afterwards broadly blamed the players for not doing as they were told and not taking responsibility (it's never his fault).
Most of these are his signings-did we look into the character of the players before signing them?.

I said weeks ago that any side with Gunter and Joey as ever presents wouldn't succeed, the first because of his cowardly approach to football, not just in bottling tackles but just as much for his frightened-of taking-a risk approach with safety-first throw-ins and passes thereby passing the buck to others.Also the hand in the air and stopping when the game is still going on drives me mad.
As for Joey-can we afford to have Stam's second best mate in the side?
Stam has already put his first best mate, Beerens down the pecking order-time for Joey to disappear as well.

Stam is at the half-way stage not getting his message over to the players (by his own admission) so it is probably time to get somebody who will be able to get the players performing to their maximum.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 25 Dec 2017 15:37

Only a few home performances comes close to how bad that was.

Barnsley home when they turned us over 3-1. We were that bad that Y26 chanted 'that was embarrassing'

2-0 home defeat to Fulham in the premier league. They hit the woodwork 3 times.

2-0 defeat to Boro when Rodgers was boss. We didn't have a shot on target all game and I think we had 1 proper chance to score

2-0 loss to Watford in the year we went up

129 posts