MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (h) sponsored by 5 games without a win

205 posts
Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (h) sponsored by 5 games without a win

by Longhorn1970 » 02 Jan 2018 20:54

Is there any "you're getting sacked in the morning " ?!

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 02 Jan 2018 20:54

I just don't think he knows what he's doing. oxf*rd last season, it's this season that matters now.

He should resign.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 02 Jan 2018 20:54

He needs to go

We need a Warnock type in to kick us up the arse

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Jan 2018 20:54

double d I just left..its wet and cold and I want to be home before ten. Cba. Dont care. It seems delibr8.

At least i got 2-0 loss on the prediction game with 1-0 down at ht.

We need more boos mate! (at the final whistle not mid-game)

Well done for bothering to go in the first place though.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Jan 2018 20:55

*waiting for genome to finally come on here and say stam out after sitting on the fence for ages, and constantly reminding people of it too*

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Sometimes Re: MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (h) sponsored by 5 games without a win

by WoodleyRoyal » 02 Jan 2018 20:55

Sometimes you need to take one step back too take two forward. Stan isn't going anywhere and rightly so p. Come the end of the season we will midtable and all you moaning wet farts will be ashamed of your lynching

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 02 Jan 2018 20:55

This has the same gut-feel as the awful 1-2 defeat to Scunthorpe close to the end of Bodgers' reign. I would never overtly call for a Reading boss to be fired, but surely Stam's position is now untenable.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Jan 2018 20:55

TBM He needs to go

We need a Warnock type in to kick us up the arse

Colin would do nicely, but quite frankly I'd even have The Taxi back to be honest!

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 02 Jan 2018 20:55

dogmark01 Just go Stam absolute garbage football from players that on the most part are devoid of any skill, motivation or caring
.and if you don't aggree Trevedon go with them please
And to think a load of people moaned about Hammond

I would disagree with the "devoid of any skill" comment. Motivation or caring (or tactics and strategy) are another thing entirely.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 02 Jan 2018 20:56

2 world wars, 1 world cup
yuomi He's lost the dressing room. They're not playing for him. They're not even playing.

He needs to be out on his ear tomorrow morning. This is beyond embarrassing.

Spot on.

They don't like his system.

They can't play it. They won't play it.

Agree wrong system for players of limited ability, at least play to their strengths

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Jan 2018 20:56

Ark Royal Stam has got to go.

Corrected for you. :wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jan 2018 20:57

Oh dear.

Starting to feel like Stam's time is numbered. Slipping too close to the bottom three, no win in six, losing to the bottom side, 4 defeats from 5. He has absolutely got to try something different. And I don't mean just pissing around with the odd player out of position. When you're conceding soft goals and not scoring, the answer isn't chucking in another powderpuff creative player. Because the problem isn't the creative talent on the pitch it's the complete lack of movement, woeful use of space and passive 'something good will happen eventually' attitude.

Switch up the defensive shape. Put some hard runners in midfield. Play two actual full backs more than one game in a row. Sometimes you have to accept that what you're trying isn't working and for some reason the players, though capable, aren't doing it. You've got to switch things up and give the players something else to focus on. Because right now their confidence is shot, they know they're not doing what they're supposed to and there's no real belief. Give them something simple and different they can do and get fired up over.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 02 Jan 2018 21:02, edited 1 time in total.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Sometimes Re: MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (h) sponsored by 5 games without a win

by Longhorn1970 » 02 Jan 2018 20:58

WoodleyRoyal Sometimes you need to take one step back too take two forward. Stan isn't going anywhere and rightly so p. Come the end of the season we will midtable and all you moaning wet farts will be ashamed of your lynching

How about two back and one forward followed by another two back ?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Jan 2018 21:01

Snowflake Royal Oh dear.

Starting to feel like Stam's time is numbered. Slipping too close to the bottom three, no win in six, losing to the bottom side, 4 defeats from 5. He has absolutely got to try something different. And I don't mean just pissing around with the odd player out of position. When you're conceding soft goals and not scoring, the answer isn't chucking in another powderpuff creative player. Because the problem isn't the creative talent on the pitch it's the complete lack of movement, woeful use of space and passive 'something good will happen eventually' attitude.

Switch up the defensive shape. Put some hard runners in midfield. Play two actual full backs more than one game in a row.

Well said.

The trouble is any manager who needs advice from internet pundits like us after so long at the club shouldn't be here anymore.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 02 Jan 2018 21:02

Snowflake Royal Oh dear.

Switch up the defensive shape. Put some hard runners in midfield. Play two actual full backs more than one game in a row.

Tim Dellor would agree 100% with that - he's been harping on that for the last 15min.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 02 Jan 2018 21:02

This sounds a bit like the Hull home game where the movement (or lack of it) was appalling.

Dellor's getting into Vidra territory dangerously at the moment.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Jan 2018 21:03

double d I just left..its wet and cold and I want to be home before ten. Cba. Dont care. It seems delibr8.

At least i got 2-0 loss on the prediction game with 1-0 down at ht.

Don’t mention this to Genome

Melton Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Melton, New York, Paris & Dubai - but mostly Melton and just outside the lockdown zone

by Melton Royal » 02 Jan 2018 21:04

Melton Royal
Melton Royal I shall remain optimistic until we're 3-0 down with 4 minutes to play

Just 2 to go then :?

Optimism starting to wane now, but I still feel that we'll avoid the drop (but only just) - there are no doubt some dark days to come before the end of the season (and read into that what you like)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jan 2018 21:04

PremAddict
Snowflake Royal Oh dear.

Tim Dellor would agree 100% with that - he's been harping on that for the last 15min.

He's got to be right occasionally. It's been the clear major flaw the whole season, and parts of last. We were tighter defensively (bar aberrations) last season and could get away with it a bit more.

double d

Re: Sometimes Re: MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (h) sponsored by 5 games without a win

by double d » 02 Jan 2018 21:04

Longhorn1970
WoodleyRoyal Sometimes you need to take one step back too take two forward. Stan isn't going anywhere and rightly so p. Come the end of the season we will midtable and all you moaning wet farts will be ashamed of your lynching

How about two back and one forward followed by another two back ?

We must be about 18 back from last season at this point.

205 posts