MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (h) sponsored by 5 games without a win

205 posts
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (h) sponsored by 5 games without a win

by FiNeRaIn » 02 Jan 2018 22:01

RoyalBlue I'm looking forward to another good midweek evening performance and win.

Thought the performance as exceptional, two lucky goals against run of play. Cracking atmosphere, great tempo and what a feel good factor around the place!

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 02 Jan 2018 22:09

Sutekh
Kitsondinho Hull is going to be fun.......

Earlier this season...

Hull City 6-1 Birmingham City

Nailed on Reading win then.

Probably.......however, is that a good thing in the circumstances?!

double d

by double d » 02 Jan 2018 22:13

Hound It feels like it should be, if it isn’t the end of Stam. That was appalling

I’m not sure who was at the game and who wasn’t but he tried plenty of different things. Even had Blackett and Gunter alongside Yann up front at one stage with Kelly and Bacuna CBs

We didn’t play a lot of passing stuff, we were actually quite direct. It certainly wasn’t the drab possession football in any way whatsoever

Whatever though, we were horrendous. The confidence is totally shot, the players were having all sorts of tantrums, heads down etc. We look like a side who are going to get relegated

Very few come out with any credit. Bacuna and Barrow tried hard but not much came off. I’d honestly happily never see Aluko in a Reading shirt again. No effort, no movement, nothing. McShane is an utter liability and shouldn’t be anywhere near the side

Aluko reminds me of very slightly more mobile and bothered Drenthe.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Jan 2018 22:15

strap Well Stam's views on BBCRB are simply hilarious! He thinks tonight wasn't dreadful!! Apparently it's very easy to make comments!?!?! Lots of teams are playing the system we do?!?!?! He's lost it - utterly!!! It's not about systems or tactics?!?!?!?!? WTF?!?!?!

Just oxf*rd off you stupid charlatan.

Until I heard this interview the one thing preventing me from being too anti_Stam was my belief that he's a nice decent honest straight talking chap.

This proves he's a bullsh*tter too. I literally now have no reason to want him to stay... except perhaps that he stayed loyal to us at the end of last season I guess that's my only niggle. But perhaps one season of sh*t football and a lucky ending position on a crap goal difference was not enough for big teams to take him I don't know...

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 02 Jan 2018 22:46

FiNeRaIn
Sutekh Can’t be worse than Burton, Bristol and Barnsley can it?

Stam is certainly gonna give it a go. Birmingham are going to come here believing they can win, especially after watching how bad we are this season. Not in the business of wanting us to lose to make a point, but can already picture the meltdown when city bundle in a crap later winner in front of their fans.

Wasn't too far off, not even I thought it would be that comfortable for them though.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Jan 2018 22:47

Royal With Cheese
genome Stam out.

Quoted for future reference.

Why? I've said plenty of times in the last couple of weeks, that if we fail to get 3 points from Barnsley and Birmingham, I think he should now go.

We got 1. In fact, we got 1 point from Burton, Barnsley and Birmingham :x

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Jan 2018 23:01

Oilroyal
yuomi He's lost the dressing room. They're not playing for him. They're not even playing.

He needs to be out on his ear tomorrow morning. This is beyond embarrassing.

you cant say that until Genome has it confirmed by the EFL

Obviously got you rattled as you can't stop mentioning me.

I thought you were going to rip me to shreds m8?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Jan 2018 23:05

Royal With Cheese
genome Stam out.

I’m done with him as well. He’s not learnt a single thing. We all make mistakes but he’s so arrogant he won’t admit anything and slagging off the fans who’ve sat through hours of utterly shit football sums it up for me.

Stam out.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Jan 2018 23:06

genome
Oilroyal
yuomi He's lost the dressing room. They're not playing for him. They're not even playing.

He needs to be out on his ear tomorrow morning. This is beyond embarrassing.

you cant say that until Genome has it confirmed by the EFL

Obviously got you rattled as you can't stop mentioning me.

I thought you were going to rip me to shreds m8?

Not at all young man. Standing on the terraces at Elm Park when Bury were our bogie team got me rattled. before your time i believe?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Jan 2018 23:11

Probably, but why would that matter?

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Jan 2018 23:23

genome Probably, but why would that matter?

Different era, different age group, different perspective. We see things completely differently and rightly so. I’m not an online-media type but I am a football fan, a Reading fan with an opinion and this season I've been posting the same opinion about this manager and the club since the QPR game. I respect you have an opinion but maybe, just sometimes you should consider and respect others on here who also have a voice and a passion for the club without being disrespectful to fellow fans. We're all in it together
Last edited by Oilroyal on 03 Jan 2018 02:25, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Jan 2018 23:27

Oilroyal

Different era, different age group, different perspective. We see things completely differently and rightly so given your age. I’m not an online-media type but I am a football fan, a Reading fan with an opinion and this season I've been posting the same opinion about this manager and the club since the QPR game. I respect you have an opinion but maybe, just sometimes you should consider and respect others on here who also have a voice and a passion for the club without being disrespectful to fellow fans. We're all in it together

Can you show me where I've been disrespectful?

Or shall I show you the post where I challenged your opinion and you started calling me a "diva" and a "shite talker"?

Please stop acting like I was born yesterday. I've been following Reading since the mid 90's.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Jan 2018 23:29

......anyways....what time should we be setting our alarms tomorrow G? :wink:

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Jan 2018 23:33

genome
Oilroyal

Different era, different age group, different perspective. We see things completely differently and rightly so given your age. I’m not an online-media type but I am a football fan, a Reading fan with an opinion and this season I've been posting the same opinion about this manager and the club since the QPR game. I respect you have an opinion but maybe, just sometimes you should consider and respect others on here who also have a voice and a passion for the club without being disrespectful to fellow fans. We're all in it together

Or shall I show you the post where I challenged your opinion and you started calling me a "diva" and a "shite talker"?

Please stop acting like I was born yesterday. I've been following Reading since the mid 90's.

good for you mate... and long may your support continue. Most probably your dad took you to your first game and most probably he addresses people with a smile.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Jan 2018 06:32

leon
Royal With Cheese
genome Stam out.

I’m done with him as well. He’s not learnt a single thing. We all make mistakes but he’s so arrogant he won’t admit anything and slagging off the fans who’ve sat through hours of utterly shit football sums it up for me.

Stam out.

Utterly meaningless but I’d also rather him go than stay now

Last night was the final straw for me, don’t see him ever turning that around

And agree the stupid little digs at the fans (they booed a bit at half time, a bit after the second goal, and then at FT - that was it) are both unnecessary and petty. Not good enough and Gourlay should be telling him that

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 04 Jan 2018 12:01

Oilroyal
genome
Oilroyal

good for you mate... and long may your support continue. Most probably your dad took you to your first game and most probably he addresses people with a smile.

WTAF? :?

double d

by double d » 04 Jan 2018 12:24

Tilehurstsouthbank
Oilroyal
genome

WTAF? :?

Oil royal makes some strange posts.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 04 Jan 2018 13:00

Actually coming back to the game.....one bloke on the pitch who looked impressive was Sam Gallagher. The guy held the ball up so well and was a bit of a rock at the back when defending set pieces as well......I cant believe he has been that unnoticed all season.....he looked quality.
Cant say I know much about him though........My MOTM

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 04 Jan 2018 13:06

Ascotexgunner Actually coming back to the game.....one bloke on the pitch who looked impressive was Sam Gallagher. The guy held the ball up so well and was a bit of a rock at the back when defending set pieces as well......I cant believe he has been that unnoticed all season.....he looked quality.
Cant say I know much about him though........My MOTM

Yep, he was great!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Jan 2018 13:40

Yep, a real handful, as was Boga.

205 posts