60%
Undecided - I just don’t know
11%
Ian Royal - all RFC fans are idiots
4%

Total votes: 247
Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: In or Out? New poll.

by Kitsondinho » 30 Dec 2017 18:45

Hound As mentioned elsewhere, I’m not so sure Gourlay is as bought into Stam as the previous owners/BT

I’ve a feeling the Burton game hit Stam’s standing hard. Big effort by the club to get a big crowd and that shite was served up. Gourlay would have been very aware of that

And it is not like he was part of a ‘keep the manager at all costs’ culture at Chelsea. I do think Stam will go if we don’t win against Birmingham......

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 30 Dec 2017 18:47

Hound As mentioned elsewhere, I’m not so sure Gourlay is as bought into Stam as the previous owners/BT

I’ve a feeling the Burton game hit Stam’s standing hard. Big effort by the club to get a big crowd and that shite was served up. Gourlay would have been very aware of that

Gourlay will have to justify his bumper salary and reputation so he'll take no prisoners. The challenge will be finding a replacement who can deliver ..

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Dec 2017 18:47

I suspect if we don’t beat Brum or Stevenage then he is going to be asked a few pretty searching questions

How Gourlay then wants to proceed I’ve no real idea

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 30 Dec 2017 18:50

Hound I suspect if we don’t beat Brum or Stevenage then he is going to be asked a few pretty searching questions

Brian ?

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 30 Dec 2017 18:59

Gourlay was the man who backed Stam to the owners hence why Stam’s still in a job now even after a pitiful season given the money Gourlay secured for Stam and his plan. I honestly think Stam will be the next managerial sacking. He’s been absolutely crap this season, he’s let Gourlay down, the players haven’t got a clue what he wants them to do on the pitch and Stam's made a complete mess of things.

How many of you really enjoy going to watch us and that question stretches back the past season and a half?

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 30 Dec 2017 19:07

Just watched Bristol City vs Wolves, what a cracking championship game. Plenty of pace, high tempo, direct passing - everything that I used to enjoy about Reading.

I genuinely believe that our players are at least as good as those on show this evening, they are just shackled by a ridiculous system that is boring us all to tears.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Dec 2017 19:14

Bristol I’ll give you, Wolves are a class above

Henley Royal 1

by Henley Royal 1 » 30 Dec 2017 19:22

Cant back Stam any longer the Burton game was the last straw so out from me.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 30 Dec 2017 19:25

Hound
Oilroyal

but he’s not wrecking the club though!

What?

Sorry Hound my post was sarcastically placed within yours for another poster’s attention. Not meant as a slur on your post. You are a gentleman, you always have been.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Dec 2017 19:31

Ah ok thanks, was a little confused :)

quickwingerswife

by quickwingerswife » 30 Dec 2017 19:43

Yep, the Burton game. What a disaster. Those twaites who get on the train at Earley to go and watch Chelsea were invited to a cheap day out at Mad Stad. They came, they saw, they laughed.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 30 Dec 2017 19:43

Oilroyal Gourlay was the man who backed Stam to the owners hence why Stam’s still in a job now even after a pitiful season given the money Gourlay secured for Stam and his plan. I honestly think Stam will be the next managerial sacking. He’s been absolutely crap this season, he’s let Gourlay down, the players haven’t got a clue what he wants them to do on the pitch and Stam's made a complete mess of things.

How many of you really enjoy going to watch us and that question stretches back the past season and a half?

I enjoyed the FAC semi final v Arsenal although we was robbed !

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 30 Dec 2017 19:55

Longhorn1970
Oilroyal Gourlay was the man who backed Stam to the owners hence why Stam’s still in a job now even after a pitiful season given the money Gourlay secured for Stam and his plan. I honestly think Stam will be the next managerial sacking. He’s been absolutely crap this season, he’s let Gourlay down, the players haven’t got a clue what he wants them to do on the pitch and Stam's made a complete mess of things.

I enjoyed the FAC semi final v Arsenal although we was robbed !

Yep, Steve Clarke had his moments with us, bless him,. He took Arsenal to extra time and all of us into dreamland, nearly! Stam had his moment at Man U in the FA Cup, froze like a child with fear and oxf*rd it up within minutes.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Dec 2017 20:00

Lost 7 points in December by last 10 minutes goals..happy days. :o

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 30 Dec 2017 20:03

Leaving Stam aside for a moment, I'm really concerned at the rate at which we as a club change managers. And related to that, I'd sure like the 'out' crowd to offer up more specifics about exactly which manager they want brought in, and what assurances there are that he'd offer 'attractive and exciting' footy. (I asked someone about this before, and the response was something like 'I don't really care, anyone but Stam' and 'I don't really care if we get relegated as long as we play attractive footy'.)

I honestly don't believe that in this division now, which is as tough as I've ever seen, that we are a 'Top 6 every season' type of club. (I might be alone in thinking that, but hey-ho.) Barnsley is actually a tough place to go, and a draw any other time isn't a bad result there. And it was only a draw cos someone had a brain fart in injury time. (Though of course, this thread would still have been bumped even if we won, regardless.)

But yes, there is so much negativity now, such that maybe he should go. There isn't even that much chat about the players anymore, it always seems to be about Stam, and his 'performance', after every game.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 30 Dec 2017 20:06

Oilroyal Stam had his moment at Man U in the FA Cup, froze like a child with fear and oxf*rd it up within minutes.

Please elaborate.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 30 Dec 2017 20:56

Denver Royal
Oilroyal Stam had his moment at Man U in the FA Cup, froze like a child with fear and oxf*rd it up within minutes.

Please elaborate.

wasted on you

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Dec 2017 21:25

Hound I suspect if we don’t beat Brum or Stevenage then he is going to be asked a few pretty searching questions

They must be aware of the discontent... surely? Wonder if they have people trawling Twitter and the forums for the fans' general consensus.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Dec 2017 22:10

I’d hope not

And to be honest when I’ve been, not felt that much discontent in the stands. It is Reading after all

But they can see with their own eyes the issues with the team and lack of enthusiasm in the Stands

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 30 Dec 2017 22:11

Of course the owners have media personal looking at this shit and feeding back to them on their investment. Do you really think multi-international billionaires make decisions based on how clever they are and feel? I’d think it’s based on seeking the option individual people who pay money to emotionally invest? We all need to speak your mind or else this dribble will go on until Stam’s “improved” contract runs out.

Some blushes by senior RFC staff could be seen.

423 posts