11%
Ian Royal - all RFC fans are idiots
4%

Total votes: 247
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: In or Out? New poll.

by Hound » 10 Jan 2018 09:21

Suspect Scott Marshall would be the choice as caretaker. Done a good job with the U23s playing a nice attacking version of Stam-ball

double d

by double d » 10 Jan 2018 09:32

KC Royal Voted undecided as I think we're probably going down anyway but maybe OUT if we lose to Stevenage...

andrew1957
Rea Ding I am not a big Stam fan and think the club is in a poor situation, but my only question is who else would we bring in as cant see many managers wanting to take this on right now

Earlier the feeling was to give it to Gilkes until the end of the season and see where we are then. The season is a right off anyway and he is a Reading favourite and someone the fans would rally round. The only objective left now will be to avoid relegation.

Then in the summer if Gilkes has not cut it perhaps Murty (if he is let go by Rangers) or Parky? Let's get back to the old Reading.

I do have to wonder what influence Gilkes is having atm, so i'm not sure he would necessary be the best option. Given the stuff that was mentioned in The Secret Footballer book I doubt Murty would be welcome back here, though maybe with different owners things would be different. I do find it interesting that he was never given a job in the academy after he retired. If we go down Parky would probably be the best option, great track record of winning promotion in the lower leagues and obviously the Reading connection.

Given the stuff that was mentioned in The Secret Footballer book I doubt Murty would be welcome back here :?: :?: :?:

Henley Royal 1

by Henley Royal 1 » 10 Jan 2018 10:35

Never read the secret footballer what has Murty supposed to have done .

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Jan 2018 11:55

double d Given the stuff that was mentioned in The Secret Footballer book I doubt Murty would be welcome back here :?: :?: :?:

Good point

Henley Royal 1 Never read the secret footballer what has Murty supposed to have done .

Supposedly stole from the charity kitty, along with being generally spineless and not much of a team player

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 10 Jan 2018 13:22

John Smith
double d Given the stuff that was mentioned in The Secret Footballer book I doubt Murty would be welcome back here :?: :?: :?:

Good point

Henley Royal 1 Never read the secret footballer what has Murty supposed to have done .

Supposedly stole from the charity kitty, along with being generally spineless and not much of a team player

As no one knows for certain who The Secret Footballer is, how can you claim that Murty is the culprit?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Jan 2018 13:30

The Royal Forester
John Smith

Good point

As no one knows for certain who The Secret Footballer is, how can you claim that Murty is the culprit?

Open your eyes man

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 10 Jan 2018 13:51

John Smith
The Royal Forester
John Smith Good point

Open your eyes man

I have my eyes open but can see no proof. Please share what proof you have all of us that have not seen it.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 10 Jan 2018 14:19

fred sharpes nose In - on the basis it throws the whole club into more chaos if he goes.

So, as long we are relegated in an orderly fashion with Japp at the helm, that's all fine and dandy.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 10 Jan 2018 16:55

John Smith

Good point

The fact that our current manager was done for drugs IIRC is o.k. then?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 10 Jan 2018 17:30

double d
KC Royal Voted undecided as I think we're probably going down anyway but maybe OUT if we lose to Stevenage...

andrew1957
Earlier the feeling was to give it to Gilkes until the end of the season and see where we are then. The season is a right off anyway and he is a Reading favourite and someone the fans would rally round. The only objective left now will be to avoid relegation.

Then in the summer if Gilkes has not cut it perhaps Murty (if he is let go by Rangers) or Parky? Let's get back to the old Reading.

I do have to wonder what influence Gilkes is having atm, so i'm not sure he would necessary be the best option. Given the stuff that was mentioned in The Secret Footballer book I doubt Murty would be welcome back here, though maybe with different owners things would be different. I do find it interesting that he was never given a job in the academy after he retired. If we go down Parky would probably be the best option, great track record of winning promotion in the lower leagues and obviously the Reading connection.

Given the stuff that was mentioned in The Secret Footballer book I doubt Murty would be welcome back here :?: :?: :?:

He will fit in perfect in Scotland and Rangers though :D

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 11 Jan 2018 07:45

double d

andrew1957

Knew someone would ask! Check out the thread in GF viewtopic.php?f=3&t=113083

Did a lot of digging and posted about it towards the end of the thread.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 11 Jan 2018 14:16

Alan Devonshire

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Jan 2018 10:57

John Smith
The Royal Forester
John Smith Good point

Open your eyes man

I’d be very careful what you accuse people of. Especially as you have zero evidence.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Jan 2018 11:20

You must be new here, leon

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Jan 2018 11:26

leon
John Smith
The Royal Forester As no one knows for certain who The Secret Footballer is, how can you claim that Murty is the culprit?

Open your eyes man

I’d be very careful what you accuse people of. Especially as you have zero evidence.

I’m only saying that The Secret Footballer is definitely Kitson and that would make Murty the culprit of the accusations. I don’t know if it actually happened

double d

by double d » 13 Jan 2018 11:34

John Smith
leon
John Smith Open your eyes man

I’m only saying that The Secret Footballer is definitely Kitson and that would make Murty the culprit of the accusations. I don’t know if it actually happened

How do you know its Kitson? He told me it wasn't him.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Jan 2018 11:57

double d
John Smith
leon

He told me it was him! Oh Dave, what’s he like eh!

scumbag

by scumbag » 13 Jan 2018 15:48

double d
John Smith
leon

If you read the books, you'll find it's 100% Kits.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 13 Jan 2018 16:51

How anyone can not know it's Kitson is unbelievable. I mean who else? It's an 'open' secret.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Jan 2018 17:08

I get the feeling it's mostly Kitson with some stories of other footballers thrown in to try and disguise his identity.

423 posts