11%
Ian Royal - all RFC fans are idiots
4%

Total votes: 247
Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

Re: In or Out? New poll.

by Longhorn1970 » 21 Jan 2018 16:28

From Despair To Where? I like what Stan is trying to do, he's just not doing it very well. Something needs to change and unfortunately the only viable option is the manager.

unfortunately you can only try something for so long, its obviously not suited to this group and he has been very slow to grasp that ...

strap
Hob Nob Regular

Stam's Agent in talks to have contract terminated by "mutual consent" - allegedly.

by strap » 21 Jan 2018 16:48

My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere or is indeed absolute crap fake news, however ...

http://sportwitness.co.uk/crunch-talks-today-monday-stams-reading-future-looks-like-goodbyes/

So he is too arrogant to admit he's wrong and resign. Presumably waiting to be paid off the final year of his contract?

Let's hope he does the right thing and comes to a sensible agreement.

If indeed this has any credence whatsoever of course. Could well be utter pony.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Stam's Agent in talks to have contract terminated by "mutual consent" - allegedly.

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jan 2018 16:51

strap My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere or is indeed absolute crap fake news, however ...

http://sportwitness.co.uk/crunch-talks-today-monday-stams-reading-future-looks-like-goodbyes/

So he is too arrogant to admit he's wrong and resign. Presumably waiting to be paid off the final year of his contract?

Funnily enough, it's in the existing thread about whether he should stay or go.

Name me more than half a dozen modern managers who resigned their position without having another job lined up for something other than personal reasons. Of course he's not going to just resign.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 21 Jan 2018 17:03

Snowflake Royal
.When did everything start to change for the worse?? The appointment of Ron Gourlay

It started the summer after our first season in the Prenier League.

It was quite clearly the sacking of McDermott the first time around, which all came about because some chumps sided with Guthrie after McDermott dropped him for refusing to go to Sunderland. Since then, the manager's job has been an utter poisoned chalice.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 21 Jan 2018 17:16

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Snowflake Royal
.When did everything start to change for the worse?? The appointment of Ron Gourlay

It started the summer after our first season in the Prenier League.

It was quite clearly the sacking of McDermott the first time around, which all came about because some chumps sided with Guthrie after McDermott dropped him for refusing to go to Sunderland. Since then, the manager's job has been an utter poisoned chalice.

I think that both sackings were a disgrace but the second one was worse. They lured him away from a scouting job at Arsenal that he loved and then fired him before he even had the chance to build a team of his own. I completely accept that he took the eye off the ball (so to speak) in that season because he knew that a third of the squad would be leaving and he was just waiting for the next one. But the day I heard he'd been fired I honestly felt sick.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Stam's Agent in talks to have contract terminated by "mutual consent" - allegedly.

by Longhorn1970 » 21 Jan 2018 17:17

Snowflake Royal
strap My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere or is indeed absolute crap fake news, however ...

Name me more than half a dozen modern managers who resigned their position without having another job lined up for something other than personal reasons. Of course he's not going to just resign.

He won't resign, makes no sense. Interesting that thread about him negotiating a settlement seems to have been removed ?????

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Jan 2018 17:30

Royalwaster
AthleticoSpizz (Ian)

...and yet (despite the implosion of 2008) we have had a few high points since then.

Time to accept that we as a club are at our level (sadly, and imho we will never be a long term fixture of the Prem....that being despite the business and technical models of the likes of Burnley, Stoke and even Bournemouth who have made a reasonable go of it).

We’ve just got to maintain “that level” (and grab that occasional day in the sun).....obviously.

I wouldn't want to work for a business with someone like you as my CEO ... that's just defeatist.
likewise but just being a realist.....and besides, I will never be anyones CEO and I’d probably never employ you anyway.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Jan 2018 17:38

Longhorn1970
Snowflake Royal

He won't resign, makes no sense. Interesting that thread about him negotiating a settlement seems to have been removed ?????

That same Italian media site that predicted he would leave 4 months ago..but we can dream they have got it right this time.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Jan 2018 17:56

Elm Park Kid
Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Snowflake Royal It started the summer after our first season in the Prenier League.

I think that both sackings were a disgrace but the second one was worse. They lured him away from a scouting job at Arsenal that he loved and then fired him before he even had the chance to build a team of his own. I completely accept that he took the eye off the ball (so to speak) in that season because he knew that a third of the squad would be leaving and he was just waiting for the next one. But the day I heard he'd been fired I honestly felt sick.

Absolutely this.

It was a shocking way to treat him. What I find hard to understand is that some fans still have an issue with him despite the shambles of their saviour Adkins, who was supposedly going to lead us to the promised land of perfect football.

The mangers job was a poisoned chalice in the 90s after McGhee, it just took someone with some balls (Pardew) to shake the club up a bit.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 21 Jan 2018 18:02

leon
Elm Park Kid
Dr_Hfuhruhurr

Absolutely this.

It was a shocking way to treat him. What I find hard to understand is that some fans still have an issue with him despite the shambles of their saviour Adkins, who was supposedly going to lead us to the promised land of perfect football.

The mangers job was a poisoned chalice in the 90s after McGhee, it just took someone with some balls (Pardew) to shake the club up a bit.

Strange appointment the 2nd time imo.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 21 Jan 2018 18:02

windermereROYAL
Longhorn1970
Snowflake Royal

That same Italian media site that predicted he would leave 4 months ago..but we can dream they have got it right this time.

No smoke without fire lol :D

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jan 2018 18:05

Not really having the poisoned chalice stuff. It’s a well paid job at a decent club with decent facilities in a nice part of the country

Wish my job was as much of a poisoned chalice as that

Was also very disappointed when McD went second time, but fact is the owners made a brave call that very nearly ended up looking like genius. Can’t rewrite the facts to show that for all the whinging about the style, he almost took us up out of nowhere

Granted he has been utter dog turd this season, been given plenty of time and made more of a mess of things as he has gone, so time to bid farewell and thanks for last season

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 21 Jan 2018 18:09

windermereROYAL
Longhorn1970
Snowflake Royal

Sorry Windermere, I didn't recall the same outlet mentioning he was off 4 months ago. In my defence, I did say that it could all be utter nonsense, just thought I'd mention it given the current, er, "discussion" about his position.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 21 Jan 2018 18:11

Hound Not really having the poisoned chalice stuff. It’s a well paid job at a decent club with decent facilities in a nice part of the country

Wish my job was as much of a poisoned chalice as that

Was also very disappointed when McD went second time, but fact is the owners made a brave call that very nearly ended up looking like genius. Can’t rewrite the facts to show that for all the whinging about the style, he almost took us up out of nowhere

Granted he has been utter dog turd this season, been given plenty of time and made more of a mess of things as he has gone, so time to bid farewell and thanks for last season

Valid, who'd want to be a football club owner !

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Jan 2018 19:15

strap
windermereROYAL
Longhorn1970

Sorry Windermere, I didn't recall the same outlet mentioning he was off 4 months ago. In my defence, I did say that it could all be utter nonsense, just thought I'd mention it given the current, er, "discussion" about his position.

I just saw it on talk Reading in the comments section, I would assume it`s the same Italian source. they did say a few months not 4 months

https://twitter.com/TalkReading/status/ ... 8655172608

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jan 2018 19:17

windermereROYAL
strap
windermereROYAL

I just saw it on talk Reading in the comments section, I would assume it`s the same Italian source.

Is Talk Reading an actual media outlet or is it some berks on Twitter looking to get attention by recycling any old shit they read elsewhere in the hopes that some of it sticks?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jan 2018 19:26

No idea who runs it but that’s a bit unfair

Basically he/she tweet any reading based news that appear in other outlets, usually without comment. Whoever it is tends to have pretty much the latest news and all the u23 and u18 scores which I like

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 21 Jan 2018 19:28

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL
strap

I just saw it on talk Reading in the comments section, I would assume it`s the same Italian source.

Is Talk Reading an actual media outlet or is it some berks on Twitter looking to get attention by recycling any old shit they read elsewhere in the hopes that some of it sticks?

The latter. He's just a teenage fan apparently.

Good for a newsfeed mind, as he keeps up with a lot of the youth fixtures and loan players out at other clubs.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 21 Jan 2018 19:32

Hound No idea who runs it but that’s a bit unfair

Basically he/she tweet any reading based news that appear in other outlets, usually without comment. Whoever it is tends to have pretty much the latest news and all the u23 and u18 scores which I like

I would read more into the fact that a thread on a reported contract termination was removed this evening :/

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Jan 2018 19:35

I think it's a useful feed, decent content.

It's free - if you think he's a "berk" then just don't follow the account, there's no need for shitty remarks.

423 posts