11%
Ian Royal - all RFC fans are idiots
4%

Total votes: 247
Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

Re: In or Out? New poll.

by Longhorn1970 » 21 Jan 2018 19:54

genome I think it's a useful feed, decent content.

It's free - if you think he's a "berk" then just don't follow the account, there's no need for shitty remarks.

Valid. So we're agreed there is a source in the Italian media, assume as credible as any journo !

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jan 2018 20:00

It's free - if you think he's a "berk" then just don't follow the account, there's no need for shitty remarks.

I don't follow anyone on twitter :|

Just trying to establish some credibility given there are those out there who seem to think because it's written down on the internet it must be true. I want to know if I should take notice, clearly not.

Personally, I don't agree with cultivating followers and posting stories without attempting to fact check them.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Jan 2018 20:03

that's a little bit lol and being on HNA :lol: tho’

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 21 Jan 2018 20:04

Snowflake Royal

Just trying to establish some credibility given there are those out there who seem to think because it's written down on the internet it must be true. I want to know if I should take notice, clearly not.

Personally, I don't agree with cultivating followers and posting stories without attempting to fact check them.

I assume you don't pick up newspapers either then ?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jan 2018 20:07

Longhorn1970
Snowflake Royal

I assume you don't pick up newspapers either then ?

As it happens, no. Most newspapers make at least an effort to fact check though, even if it's less and less these days.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jan 2018 20:09

I don’t ‘follow’ it either, but will check the feed now and again

Don’t think he fact checks but names be source - up to you if you choose to believe it or not

Up to you obviously but it’s pretty much first with a lot of the news. God knows what they do all day - seemingly just scout various sites for rumours. Quite often shows nice little clips of old games and goals as well

Fair play to whoever it is imo.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jan 2018 20:13

Hound I don’t ‘follow’ it either, but will check the feed now and again

Don’t think he fact checks but names be source - up to you if you choose to believe it or not

Up to you obviously but it’s pretty much first with a lot of the news. God knows what they do all day - seemingly just scout various sites for rumours. Quite often shows nice little clips of old games and goals as well

I'm so old. All I want to do is say "get a real job".
:lol:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Jan 2018 20:24

Well google translate must work wonders unless he`s fluent in Italian.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Jan 2018 20:26

Snowflake Royal

It's obviously not his job.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jan 2018 20:47

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal

:|

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Jan 2018 21:10

I always find it strange when people moan about Twitter accounts they don't like. In the time it took you to moan you could have muted and blocked the account that offends you so much.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: Stam's Agent in talks to have contract terminated by "mutual consent" - allegedly.

by Platypuss » 21 Jan 2018 21:40

Longhorn1970
Snowflake Royal
strap My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere or is indeed absolute crap fake news, however ...

http://sportwitness.co.uk/crunch-talks-today-monday-stams-reading-future-looks-like-goodbyes/

So he is too arrogant to admit he's wrong and resign. Presumably waiting to be paid off the final year of his contract?

Let's hope he does the right thing and comes to a sensible agreement.

If indeed this has any credence whatsoever of course. Could well be utter pony.

Funnily enough, it's in the existing thread about whether he should stay or go.

Name me more than half a dozen modern managers who resigned their position without having another job lined up for something other than personal reasons. Of course he's not going to just resign.

He won't resign, makes no sense. Interesting that thread about him negotiating a settlement seems to have been removed ?????

It's been merged with this one and you just responded to the exact same posts it contained. :|

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 21 Jan 2018 21:42

Longhorn1970
Hound No idea who runs it but that’s a bit unfair

Basically he/she tweet any reading based news that appear in other outlets, usually without comment. Whoever it is tends to have pretty much the latest news and all the u23 and u18 scores which I like

I would read more into the fact that a thread on a reported contract termination was removed this evening :/

If you were an inattentive, tinfoil hat-wearer maybe.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Jan 2018 21:49

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal

Am I due a whoosh here? :?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jan 2018 22:18

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal

Am I due a whoosh here? :?

A whoosh would probably be unfair, I'm probably just not expressing myself very clearly. I have no genuine point to make.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Jan 2018 22:53

Nice sig

biff

by biff » 21 Jan 2018 23:26

"In" voters. What exactly are you waiting to happen? genuinely.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Jan 2018 23:36

Is it time for another poll?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Jan 2018 23:54

biff "In" voters. What exactly are you waiting to happen? genuinely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX55HEX0hb0 :D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jan 2018 23:57

I think we're at the point where the only arguments for not sacking him are:
1) Whether there's a viable alternative available who will be better
- It's all well and good experiencing what we've got and saying it can't be worse. It objectively could. We could have lost the last 10 games 4-0. Even in this dreadful winless run, we've still picked up the (very) occasional point.
2) We want to gamble on him doing well enough to keep us up and seeing if a new season and a new start can make a difference
- There is, after all, a proto-decent manager in there somewhere. You don't get a team that was in a slump when you arrived to 3rd without some quality. Even if it all goes to shit the next year and you're a large part of that. And Even if perhaps that good one was an unrepresentative over performance - it can't have been THAT flukey. I can see an argument for running your luck and finishing a handful of places higher than you really deserve. But not 15.
3) There's something weird going on behind the scenes disrupting everything and it isn't actually much Stam's fault.

I think you'll seriously struggle to find (m)any people who actively want him to stay and think that's a good option.

Personally, I'm resigned to him being sacked, but I can't say I'm happy about going through another period of change, uncertainty and rebuilding. I don't know I'm ready to actively call for his head and say I want him to be sacked. I'm not convinced he's taking us down like I was with Rodgers or Clarke. I'm certainly worried. I guess I'm just so resigned to how we've drifted from what I loved about the club over the last 10 years and how consistently disappointing we've been (apart from last season), I just can't dredge up the energy to call for his head.

I certainly can't see any justification for defending him staying in the job on merit.

423 posts