Re: In or Out? New poll.

by Readars » 05 Jan 2018 14:42

Bring back Brian!!!!!

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 05 Jan 2018 14:58

Maneki Neko
If ever there was a need for 1/2 new striker its now.

oxf*rd that, lets get a whole one

Maybe half a new strker will do better than what we have got already.

Dennis the Butler
Location: Wallowing in the Premiership glory ... oh bollox !!

by Dennis the Butler » 06 Jan 2018 17:01

Fuk me, David Dodds would be more clued up than Stam imho ..

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 06 Jan 2018 17:58

Readars Bring back Brian!!!!!

Is that you Brian ?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Jan 2018 19:32

Platypuss
Royal Rother I don’t really subscribe to the “our defenders are shite” view.

They are perfectly decent defenders but their brains have been fcuked up by bullshit coaches trying to turn them into Franz Freakin’ Beckenbauer.

As a result of this going on day after day they no longer see the obvious or do the obvious.

Doesn't explain at least half the goals we're conceding - Bolton, Burton, Barnsley were just rank bad defending.

The away game at Derby showed what CAN be achieved by this squad.

I tend to agree with RR on this.

When you've seemingly spent the best part of 18 months concentrating on drilling defenders for possession, splitting centre backs and passing across the the penalty area instead of simple defensive organisation, concentration and doing the basics of defending first your standards for simply defending are going to slip.

As individual players they should be performing better than they are.

double d

by double d » 06 Jan 2018 19:39

Hughes gone. I would take him.

Please sack Stam and get him in

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jan 2018 19:45

A change of manager is needed at Reading, purely just to improve the toxic atmosphere. With the relationship between the players and the fans as it is, we'll go down.

double d

by double d » 06 Jan 2018 20:00

Yes I agree Genome. However seeing some of the 'fans' on social media and on here, going down would be a good thing to weed them out of the club. It does not help the players hearing boos, being shouted at and getting abuse in the stands. I heard multiple people spew abuse at players today and call them pcunts, vvankers and the sort.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 06 Jan 2018 20:01

Today's bust up was very revealing. He's lost the dressing room. I wanted this to work out more than anyone but something's got to change now

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 06 Jan 2018 20:05

alfie9 Today's bust up was very revealing. He's lost the dressing room. I wanted this to work out more than anyone but something's got to change now

I think you're right

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jan 2018 20:06

Agree. Think this McShane thing will have ramifications for Stam. I’m not sure it shows he has ‘lost’ the dressing room but is an insight into the morale and mentality of the players

I don’t think Gourlay or Tevreden are fools personally. They will see what is going on, and unfortunately a lot is down to the manager

I genuinely think the club makes a big effort to try to entice fans and be fan friendly. Having the manager whinge at minimal provacation at home, now this, really don’t help their cause

No to Mark Hughes though

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Jan 2018 20:08

alfie9 Today's bust up was very revealing. He's lost the dressing room. I wanted this to work out more than anyone but something's got to change now

Has he though? Or have we? Or both?

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 06 Jan 2018 20:12

double d Yes I agree Genome. However seeing some of the 'fans' on social media and on here, going down would be a good thing to weed them out of the club. It does not help the players hearing boos, being shouted at and getting abuse in the stands. I heard multiple people spew abuse at players today and call them pcunts, vvankers and the sort.

Earlier you said
"Booing.
Singing songs about sacking, Look all over fb or twitter"

Now you're babbling about obscenities which IF TRUE should be investigated by appropriate authority, I'm sure the stewards were quick to intervene and remove those concerned ?

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 06 Jan 2018 20:13

Hound Agree. Think this McShane thing will have ramifications for Stam. I’m not sure it shows he has ‘lost’ the dressing room but is an insight into the morale and mentality of the players

I don’t think Gourlay or Tevreden are fools personally. They will see what is going on, and unfortunately a lot is down to the manager

I genuinely think the club makes a big effort to try to entice fans and be fan friendly. Having the manager whinge at minimal provacation at home, now this, really don’t help their cause

No to Mark Hughes though

+1

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 06 Jan 2018 20:16

Stam has disrespected fans for a while now. When he started telling us not to bother coming, or asking what they wanted if they dare let out a groan or boo, he made his bed. If they choose to turn on him and sing negative songs about him - not that I have or would - I can't overly blame them. He should have stuck it to them by turning things around on the pitch. He hasn't.

double d

by double d » 06 Jan 2018 20:17

Longhorn1970
double d Yes I agree Genome. However seeing some of the 'fans' on social media and on here, going down would be a good thing to weed them out of the club. It does not help the players hearing boos, being shouted at and getting abuse in the stands. I heard multiple people spew abuse at players today and call them pcunts, vvankers and the sort.

Earlier you said
"Booing.
Singing songs about sacking, Look all over fb or twitter"

Now you're babbling about obscenities which IF TRUE should be investigated by appropriate authority, I'm sure the stewards were quick to intervene and remove those concerned ?

They were true because I heard it myself and hear it at all games. You lose the right to call yourself a fan if you do that.

Ofc they don't get removed because that never happens unless you are racist.

double d

by double d » 06 Jan 2018 20:18

Hound Agree. Think this McShane thing will have ramifications for Stam. I’m not sure it shows he has ‘lost’ the dressing room but is an insight into the morale and mentality of the players

No to Mark Hughes though

Why no to Hughes. I would take him at the moment.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Jan 2018 20:22

Pepe the Horseman

Yeah, I was going to say, the thing it points at most is that the fans have lost the dressing room. Not signs of division with the manager.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 06 Jan 2018 20:34

royal_rumble Stam has disrespected fans for a while now. When he started telling us not to bother coming, or asking what they wanted if they dare let out a groan or boo, he made his bed. If they choose to turn on him and sing negative songs about him - not that I have or would - I can't overly blame them. He should have stuck it to them by turning things around on the pitch. He hasn't.

Valid

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 06 Jan 2018 20:37

Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman

Yeah, I was going to say, the thing it points at most is that the fans have lost the dressing room. Not signs of division with the manager.

In the Pardew era the slogan was "Tenacity, Spirit and Flair". Far too many players lack these attributes in the current squad. Just money journeymen.

423 posts