Gourlay out.

139 posts
Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Gourlay out.

by Longhorn1970 » 02 Jan 2018 22:06

Henley Royal 1 Gourlay stated that of the seven players that were brought to the club in the summer five of those have been our best players Tim could have asked him to name the five as i am struggling somewhat .

Doesn't say a lot for those that were already here

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Jan 2018 22:09

Henley Royal 1 Gourlay stated that of the seven players that were brought to the club in the summer five of those have been our best players Tim could have asked him to name the five as i am struggling somewhat .

Bacuna and Barrow yes, but that says nothing if the whole team is playing like a pile if crap.

Clement - no
Aluko - is he having a laugh?
Mannone - not really done too much wrong
Bodvarsson - doesnt get enough game time to say really but hasnt been too bad

Cant remember who the others are

double d

by double d » 02 Jan 2018 22:39

From Despair To Where? To be honest, I've been on here getting on for 20 years and one thing I've learned is that when times are bad and you need a clueless idiot to come on here spouting shite then 2 world wars, 1 world cup is your go to guy.

Not a oxf*rd peep from him last season.

:lol:

+1

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 02 Jan 2018 22:57

Sutekh

Bacuna and Barrow yes, but that says nothing if the whole team is playing like a pile if crap.

Clement - no
Aluko - is he having a laugh?
Mannone - not really done too much wrong
Bodvarsson - doesnt get enough game time to say really but hasnt been too bad

Cant remember who the others are

One missing from the seven - Edwards.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 02 Jan 2018 23:11

Oilroyal Personally, and it is my own opinion but I don’t think they’ll sack Stam. Ron Gourlay is in as much shit with the owners as Stam is right now. Gourley will be protecting his own position by sicking with stam. By sacking Stam, Gourlay will weaken his’s own position with the owners who have an eastern culture, a culture of honour that differs to ours. It was Gourley that went to the owners to convinced them to spend 15 odd Million in the summer in belief of Stam being the right man. We’re stuck with the pair of them until it suits Gourlay to cut Stam a drift. Right now, if Stam goes then Gourlay goes too. But as I’ve said before the players are not playing for this Dutchman. Stam’s he’s a tyrant dictator, these players don’t need that and they dont need him.

Did any of you hear Stam on the Radio just now (post match) ... The man can not be wrong! Having a go at the BBCRB boys for their view, having a pop at the fans again... imagine being a player under this man. His way or no way. He's just not a nice man (in my opinion) and not a Reading Football Club Manager.

I haven't got much of an opinion about what you've put about Gourlay, but calling Jaap a 'tyrant dictator' and saying he is not a nice man is so wide of the mark. I know quite a few people at the club in a variety of roles, and every single one of them has nothing but nice words to say about Jaap.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Jan 2018 23:12

WAZZOCK
Oilroyal Personally, and it is my own opinion but I don’t think they’ll sack Stam. Ron Gourlay is in as much shit with the owners as Stam is right now. Gourley will be protecting his own position by sicking with stam. By sacking Stam, Gourlay will weaken his’s own position with the owners who have an eastern culture, a culture of honour that differs to ours. It was Gourley that went to the owners to convinced them to spend 15 odd Million in the summer in belief of Stam being the right man. We’re stuck with the pair of them until it suits Gourlay to cut Stam a drift. Right now, if Stam goes then Gourlay goes too. But as I’ve said before the players are not playing for this Dutchman. Stam’s he’s a tyrant dictator, these players don’t need that and they dont need him.

Did any of you hear Stam on the Radio just now (post match) ... The man can not be wrong! Having a go at the BBCRB boys for their view, having a pop at the fans again... imagine being a player under this man. His way or no way. He's just not a nice man (in my opinion) and not a Reading Football Club Manager.

I haven't got much of an opinion about what you've put about Gourlay, but calling Jaap a 'tyrant dictator' and saying he is not a nice man is so wide of the mark. I know quite a few people at the club in a variety of roles, and every single one of them has nothing but nice words to say about Jaap.

I talk nice about my boss too.... do you?

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 02 Jan 2018 23:15

Oilroyal
WAZZOCK

For starters, he's not the boss of any of them. And secondly, it would be of no benefit for them to lie to me about what their true opinions are. They most certainly didn't hold back on how much they disliked Clarke.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Jan 2018 23:26

WAZZOCK
Oilroyal
WAZZOCK

For starters, he's not the boss of any of them. And secondly, it would be of no benefit for them to lie to me about what their true opinions are. They most certainly didn't hold back on how much they disliked Clarke.

I think they're talking with their feet now

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 02 Jan 2018 23:32

WAZZOCK
Oilroyal
WAZZOCK

Frankly, I don't give a monkey's nuts how 'nice' someone is who is being paid as a professional sportsman or manager. I want a winner ... not some stubborn, inexperienced first time manager who is set in his ways.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 02 Jan 2018 23:36

Oilroyal
WAZZOCK
Oilroyal

I think they're talking with their feet now

Well, the staff members I referred to aren't. You've got to learn to read better.
Last edited by WAZZOCK on 02 Jan 2018 23:38, edited 1 time in total.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 02 Jan 2018 23:37

Dick Habbin's hairdo
WAZZOCK
Oilroyal

Frankly, I don't give a monkey's nuts how 'nice' someone is who is being paid as a professional sportsman or manager. I want a winner ... not some stubborn, inexperienced first time manager who is set in his ways.

Yep absolutely, And you're entitled to that opinion. I just didn't think it was fair for Jaap to be given a negative character reference based on nothing but conjecture.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Jan 2018 23:57

WAZZOCK
Dick Habbin's hairdo
WAZZOCK

Yep absolutely, And you're entitled to that opinion. I just didn't think it was fair for Jaap to be given a negative character reference based on nothing but conjecture.

I guess you are right, we shouldn’t, there’s no need to highlight it. but i've been getting my conjecture from the players spelling it out loud and clear on the pitch.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 03 Jan 2018 06:30

Oilroyal
WAZZOCK
Dick Habbin's hairdo

I guess you are right, we shouldn’t, there’s no need to highlight it. but i've been getting my conjecture from the players spelling it out loud and clear on the pitch.

Brian McDermott is widely regarded as a thoroughly nice bloke by pretty much everyone, but he lost the dressing room in his second stint. Poor performances on the pitch doesn't automatically mean the players hate the manager.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Jan 2018 07:04

McD was left with a bunch of players who genuinely didn’t give a toss (Piazon, HRK etc). I think these players care, just utterly lacking confidence

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 03 Jan 2018 08:55

it was him and BT who spent the money

that's the biggest failure of the whole season imo.

spending a record amount of money, while filling none of the biggest gaps in the squad
:|

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 03 Jan 2018 08:57

Oilroyal
BenSmith91 Take it you're not a fan then.

I'd say He's a proper fan speaking his mind

Yes, that does appear to be the problem.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Jan 2018 08:59

I had no idea that Gourlay was such a glad handing, yes man. Learn something new every day.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Jan 2018 09:24

Maneki Neko

spending a record amount of money, while filling none of the biggest gaps in the squad

Id say the only place we have a gap is up front. Bute even then Bod has looked useful but Stam is refusing to use him. Yann scored 19 last year. We obviously tried very hard to get Hugill, Hemed and Oliveira in.

Aluko looks an absolutely dreadful purchase. But other than that I think the business was ok. Everyone is pretty much adamant we have a good squad

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 03 Jan 2018 09:42

Hound
Maneki Neko

Id say the only place we have a gap is up front. Bute even then Bod has looked useful but Stam is refusing to use him. Yann scored 19 last year. We obviously tried very hard to get Hugill, Hemed and Oliveira in.

Aluko looks an absolutely dreadful purchase. But other than that I think the business was ok. Everyone is pretty much adamant we have a good squad

we needed CB, FBs and striker(s)
we defo didn't need a load more midfielders/wingers
we bought.... a load more midfielders and wingers

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 03 Jan 2018 09:44

Yann scored 19 last year.
:| in what was massively obvious was a last hurrah

We obviously tried very hard to get Hugill, Hemed and Oliveira in.

have more , and more realistic targets.
it was our main requirement for the window.

139 posts