Gourlay out.

139 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Gourlay out.

by Millsy » 02 Jan 2018 20:50

Currently only 1-0 down against Brum. I'm delighted I'm working tonight and am not there, and even more delighted we're losing as it will be one further step towards change. Praying we don't equalise to paper over the cracks!

Stam out is a given, but from what I've heard, Gourlay is at the wrong club.

Heard his interview on BBCRB.

Are we going to sign a striker? ----> Waffling bullsh*t, basically saying we somehow blew/spent our big money already in the summer and are now bound by financial fair play rules, this is a long term project, we're in a transition phase, in it for the long haul, will have a look but basically "look at me I'm a clueless arrogant tw*t and am going to say anything OTHER than admit that we desperately need a striker".

Are we going to sign a left back? --> See above

Is Stam's job in question at all? --> Almost shocked and offended at the question. Are you really that clueless you fat f*ck?

EDIT - JUST LET IN THE SECOND GOAL. GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE GET RID OF THIS PAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even if we turn it around and get into Europe, I refuse to watch this style of 'football'.

Bye bye Stam, bye bye Tevreden, but most of all bye bye Gourlay.

BenSmith91

Re: Gourlay out.

by BenSmith91 » 02 Jan 2018 21:03

Take it you're not a fan then.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Jan 2018 21:04

BenSmith91 Take it you're not a fan then.

:)

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Jan 2018 21:28

To be honest, I've been on here getting on for 20 years and one thing I've learned is that when times are bad and you need a clueless idiot to come on here spouting shite then 2 world wars, 1 world cup is your go to guy.

Not a oxf*rd peep from him last season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jan 2018 21:30

From Despair To Where? To be honest, I've been on here getting on for 20 years and one thing I've learned is that when times are bad and you need a clueless idiot to come on here spouting shite then 2 World Wars, 1 World War is your go to guy.

Be fair, he's interchangeable with half a dozen others in that respect.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Jan 2018 21:32

That is true but what do you expect him to say? "Yeah, it's shit and we're going to sack him if we don't win".

I bet most of the people complaining about him don't even understand what his role at the club is.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Jan 2018 21:34

BenSmith91 Take it you're not a fan then.

I'd say He's a proper fan speaking his mind

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Jan 2018 21:41

I suspect tonight is the last straw but does anyone expect the chief executive to publicly hang the manager out to dry pre match?

Absolutely deluded if you think that is the case. He has to publicly back the manager and manage expectation.

If the owners are coming to the next match, it wouldn't surprise me if we have a new manager in place before then.

Anyone who is "delighted" their team is losing is a fcuking prick.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 02 Jan 2018 21:45, edited 1 time in total.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Jan 2018 21:45

From Despair To Where? To be honest, I've been on here getting on for 20 years and one thing I've learned is that when times are bad and you need a clueless idiot to come on here spouting shite then 2 world wars, 1 world cup is your go to guy.

At least I'm consistent then :lol:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Jan 2018 21:47

What do you seriously expect Gourlay to say in a radio interview?

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 02 Jan 2018 21:49

Yep, I’m just wondering what sort of bellend you have to be to have that as your location.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 02 Jan 2018 21:52

From Despair To Where? What do you seriously expect Gourlay to say in a radio interview?

He won't give one

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Jan 2018 21:53

From Despair To Where? I suspect tonight is the last straw but does anyone expect the chief executive to publicly hang the manager out to dry pre match?

Absolutely deluded if you think that is the case. He has to publicly back the manager and manage expectation.

If the owners are coming to the next match, it wouldn't surprise me if we have a new manager in place before then.

Anyone who is "delighted" their team is losing is a fcuking prick.

I can tell you're a bit angry at the loss dude, chill... In truth I'm f*cking fuming too hence the outburst but I'm not going to rise to a fellow fan.

Yes he has to back the manager I guess. But the rest of it was BS.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Jan 2018 21:55

Personally, and it is my own opinion but I don’t think they’ll sack Stam. Ron Gourlay is in as much shit with the owners as Stam is right now. Gourley will be protecting his own position by sicking with stam. By sacking Stam, Gourlay will weaken his’s own position with the owners who have an eastern culture, a culture of honour that differs to ours. It was Gourley that went to the owners to convinced them to spend 15 odd Million in the summer in belief of Stam being the right man. We’re stuck with the pair of them until it suits Gourlay to cut Stam a drift. Right now, if Stam goes then Gourlay goes too. But as I’ve said before the players are not playing for this Dutchman. Stam’s he’s a tyrant dictator, these players don’t need that and they dont need him.

Did any of you hear Stam on the Radio just now (post match) ... The man can not be wrong! Having a go at the BBCRB boys for their view, having a pop at the fans again... imagine being a player under this man. His way or no way. He's just not a nice man (in my opinion) and not a Reading Football Club Manager.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 02 Jan 2018 21:58

2 world wars, 1 world cup Currently only 1-0 down against Brum. I'm delighted I'm working tonight and am not there, and even more delighted we're losing as it will be one further step towards change. Praying we don't equalise to paper over the cracks!

Stam out is a given, but from what I've heard, Gourlay is at the wrong club.

Heard his interview on BBCRB.

Are we going to sign a striker? ----> Waffling bullsh*t, basically saying we somehow blew/spent our big money already in the summer and are now bound by financial fair play rules, this is a long term project, we're in a transition phase, in it for the long haul, will have a look but basically "look at me I'm a clueless arrogant tw*t and am going to say anything OTHER than admit that we desperately need a striker".

Are we going to sign a left back? --> See above

Is Stam's job in question at all? --> Almost shocked and offended at the question. Are you really that clueless you fat f*ck?

EDIT - JUST LET IN THE SECOND GOAL. GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE GET RID OF THIS PAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even if we turn it around and get into Europe, I refuse to watch this style of 'football'.

Bye bye Stam, bye bye Tevreden, but most of all bye bye Gourlay.

Let's see if Gourlay has a pair and sorts this out, the current methodology is not suited to the championship or our playing squad

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Jan 2018 22:02

I’m not sure Gourlay is so into Stam - he said what needed to be said

And the impression is that it was him and BT who spent the money not Stam

I can’t claim to have any idea about what goes on behind the scenes but Stam is clearly out of his depth at the moment. Something needs to change, and I’m sure Gourlay will know that.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 02 Jan 2018 22:03

Oilroyal Personally, and it is my own opinion but I don’t think they’ll sack Stam. Ron Gourlay is in as much shit with the owners as Stam is right now. Gourley will be protecting his own position by sicking with stam. By sacking Stam, Gourlay will weaken his’s own position with the owners who have an eastern culture, a culture of honour that differs to ours. It was Gourley that went to the owners to convinced them to spend 15 odd Million in the summer in belief of Stam being the right man. We’re stuck with the pair of them until it suits Gourlay to cut Stam a drift. Right now, if Stam goes then Gourlay goes too. But as I’ve said before the players are not playing for this Dutchman. Stam’s he’s a tyrant dictator, these players don’t need that and they dont need him.

Did any of you hear Stam on the Radio just now (post match) ... The man can not be wrong! Having a go at the BBCRB boys for their view, having a pop at the fans again... imagine being a player under this man. His way or no way. He's just not a nice man (in my opinion) and not a Reading Football Club Manager.

Arrogant

Henley Royal 1

by Henley Royal 1 » 02 Jan 2018 22:04

Gourlay stated that of the seven players that were brought to the club in the summer five of those have been our best players Tim could have asked him to name the five as i am struggling somewhat .

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 02 Jan 2018 22:05

Hound I’m not sure Gourlay is so into Stam - he said what needed to be said

And the impression is that it was him and BT who spent the money not Stam

I can’t claim to have any idea about what goes on behind the scenes but Stam is clearly out of his depth at the moment. Something needs to change, and I’m sure Gourlay will know that.

Stam prob didn't have a say in signings, that's been the case for some time.
Doesn't work mind ...

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Jan 2018 22:05

Oilroyal Personally, and it is my own opinion but I don’t think they’ll sack Stam. Ron Gourlay is in as much shit with the owners as Stam is right now. Gourley will be protecting his own position by sicking with stam. By sacking Stam, Gourlay will weaken his’s own position with the owners who have an eastern culture, a culture of honour that differs to ours. It was Gourley that went to the owners to convinced them to spend 15 odd Million in the summer in belief of Stam being the right man. We’re stuck with the pair of them until it suits Gourlay to cut Stam a drift. Right now, if Stam goes then Gourlay goes too. But as I’ve said before the players are not playing for this Dutchman. Stam’s he’s a tyrant dictator, these players don’t need that and they dont need him.

The most deluded arrogant interview I've ever heard from anyone in my life. Made *that* Brenda interview sound like a marriage proposal.

Either Stam is blind or just arrogant and argumentative.
Last edited by Millsy on 02 Jan 2018 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

139 posts