Gourlay out.

139 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Gourlay out.

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Jan 2018 20:23

how about waggling your index finger?

There is of course the alternative mindset that the “3 year plan” is only halfway through (:lol:)

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 03 Jan 2018 20:29

AthleticoSpizz how about waggling your index finger?

There is of course the alternative mindset that the “3 year plan” is only halfway through (:lol:)

Any contingency if we Jeff up ?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Jan 2018 20:30

do a Wigan

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 03 Jan 2018 20:39

AthleticoSpizz do a Wigan

Love the optimism

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Jan 2018 20:42

Longhorn1970
AthleticoSpizz do a Wigan

Love the optimism
I laugh myself to death sometimes too.....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jan 2018 21:01

Hound Remember the 3 year plan is to get to the Prem. We won’t do that if we relegated

I think a bit too much is read into it. I don’t think Gourlay, Stam and BT are bosom buddies. Gourlay has been charged with sorting out the club, getting promotion and making the Chinese investment worth its while

If crowds are down, income is going down, the Chinese won’t be happy. If we get relegated and their shiny plaything is in fact a 3rd tier club visiting Rochdale on a Tuesday night, they won’t be happy. They employ Gourlay to do a job at the end of the day and if Stam is preventing him doing that, then he will go

Yep. I have no doubt at all that if we're looking precarious around 19 / 20 / 21 or worse for more than a handful of games Stam will absolutely get the old heave-ho. As much as I'm not enjoying this, and as much as we should have moved beyond struggling bottom half in year 2 of his tenure, especially after such a successful first season, part of me does still believe in sticking with him providing the failure is non-catastrophic and seeing what Stam can do to fix it over the next two transfer windows. If in October of Year 3 we're knocking in at around 14th and below, then he's clearly failed badly and at that point it's goodbye no matter what.

fred sharpes nose

by fred sharpes nose » 03 Jan 2018 21:20

Chinese will let hem run out their contracts..........Gourlay Brian T Stam and rest of the backroom team will have very poor cvs if by end of 2018/19 all they have achieved is lower midtable especially with all the Hype and Cash spent.

Pressure increases on them to make something of this by leaving them there to to stew and improve. Culturally owners seen to do the right thing, backing the management,

Sacking them all (including Gourlay) just creates personal problems for the Chinese - recruit new team etc etc. and gives Japp and co. the career saving get out...(no backing etc etc).

The owners gamble................ is there big risk we go down this season? I think they will challenge Japp to not fail (for the first time in his career) and ruin his fledgling career ...........and we stay up

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Jan 2018 22:11

Are the owners willing to stump up the money to terminate the management teams contracts? Stam may well be here for the long term. Contracts being given to the academy players. Should we drop then ready made talent in the pipeline. With some old heads in support.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 04 Jan 2018 00:20

TJ No1 People were saying if we drew at home to Burton he should go. We are far beyond that now.

We are. The first In/Out thread was actually started in here barely eight games in to this season (having just lost at Wembley in a playoff final. That happens all the time at most clubs, huh? But yeah, I imagine all the good manager's are all just queuing up out there to come here and we can take our pick.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 04 Jan 2018 07:43

Too early for a protest its not going to help anything. As it stands Stam will have at least the next couple of games, we are likely to lose to Hull but if we manage to beat Brentford I think he'll hang in there. Fail to win one of either and I think a real sign of discontent from the fans is gonna happen. The cup is an annoying distraction we will probably lose in.
At this point we have next to no chance of playoffs so lets treat it as a relegation battle.If it looks like we'll pull clear then leave him in there, if we keep sinking sack him after 4/5 games. Depending on how we do by the end of the season should dictate whether we sack him or not in the summer. If we suddenly click lets leave him in there for next season, if the dross keeps up and we only escape by a few points its time to move on, at least then we can say we did things properly. It'll also silence people who say we haven't given him enough time.
Last edited by FiNeRaIn on 04 Jan 2018 08:44, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jan 2018 08:20

sounds very reasonable FineRain

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Jan 2018 14:56

Ron Gourlay yesterday

(Anyone under 40 may need this meme explained to them)

double d

by double d » 04 Jan 2018 15:05

Forbury Lion Ron Gourlay yesterday

Colonel Gaddafi?

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 04 Jan 2018 15:09

double d

Colonel Gaddafi?

Chemical Ali?

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 04 Jan 2018 15:10

fred sharpes nose Chinese will let hem run out their contracts..........Gourlay Brian T Stam and rest of the backroom team will have very poor cvs if by end of 2018/19 all they have achieved is lower midtable especially with all the Hype and Cash spent.

Pressure increases on them to make something of this by leaving them there to to stew and improve. Culturally owners seen to do the right thing, backing the management,

Sacking them all (including Gourlay) just creates personal problems for the Chinese - recruit new team etc etc. and gives Japp and co. the career saving get out...(no backing etc etc).

The owners gamble................ is there big risk we go down this season? I think they will challenge Japp to not fail (for the first time in his career) and ruin his fledgling career ...........and we stay up

Yay the joys of being a football club owner ! I am curious to know what Trev'n does on a day to day basis, if anyone can enlighten me ?

double d

by double d » 04 Jan 2018 15:17

TJ No1
double d

Colonel Gaddafi?

Brains really aren't your strong suit are they?

Ok Kes

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jan 2018 15:18

double d
TJ No1
double d
Colonel Gaddafi?

Brains really aren't your strong suit are they?

Ok Kes

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com if you really don't know.

some great quotes in there actually. Forgot how good he was

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jan 2018 16:23

Hound sounds very reasonable FineRain

+1

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 04 Jan 2018 20:13

In retrospect I'm not so fussed about Gourlay protecting Stam he had to try to I guess, even though the majority of us want him out. I hope he has a different view now.

To clarify what really irritates me is the crap about investment. It has been painfully clear to everyone that we needed two proven strikers but we got none. Instead we spent millions on bullshit we didn't need (except for Mannone and Bacuna). A few brave club apologists claim that we did also try *just* as hard to get strikers but failed.

Now Gourlay says we can't spend more because of rules. So... We knowingly blew all future chances of a January striker by spending all our funds on bullshit? Or did we genuinely try but we failed... In which case there should still be money left. Which is it? Total BS.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 05 Jan 2018 10:50

So... We knowingly blew all future chances of a January striker by spending all our funds on bullshit? Or did we genuinely try but we failed... In which case there should still be money left. Which is it? Total BS.

its clearly both

139 posts