CONFIMRED - Chris Martin (loan)

310 posts
Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Chris Martin

by Norfolk Royal » 18 Jan 2018 11:25

Coppells Lost Coat Is anyone actually against us signing Martin? If he comes here in the right frame of mind he would be a very good addition. It will freshen up our attack line, boost the confidence of wingers that some one might actually be in the box if they cross it. The list is endless of positives.

One negative is - he might be shit for half a season.....like most of our January signings have been.

I'm against us signing Martin on loan or otherwise. Don't think it's a good idea for reasons stated above.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 18 Jan 2018 11:53

Had we signed him in the summer we'd have all been pleased- proven championship goalscorer in his prime years.

I really hope we get this over line as I'm a big fan.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 18 Jan 2018 11:58

Norfolk Royal
Coppells Lost Coat Is anyone actually against us signing Martin? If he comes here in the right frame of mind he would be a very good addition. It will freshen up our attack line, boost the confidence of wingers that some one might actually be in the box if they cross it. The list is endless of positives.

One negative is - he might be shit for half a season.....like most of our January signings have been.

I'm against us signing Martin on loan or otherwise. Don't think it's a good idea for reasons stated above.

Trouble maker? Yeah fair enough. It could destabilize our rock solid team spirit we have atm........

I am sure if he causes trouble Stam will give him a good kicking. Knock him back into shape.
Isn't there a good reputation between strikers being trouble makers on and off the pitch through out football. Pundits call it and 'edge'

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 18 Jan 2018 12:14

Coppells Lost Coat
Norfolk Royal

Trouble maker? Yeah fair enough. It could destabilize our rock solid team spirit we have atm........

I am sure if he causes trouble Stam will give him a good kicking. Knock him back into shape.
Isn't there a good reputation between strikers being trouble makers on and off the pitch through out football. Pundits call it and 'edge'

If he scores ten goals, saves us from relegation, then personally delivers free Easter eggs to sick kids at the Royal Berks Hospital I'll be the first to hold my hands up and say I was wrong.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 18 Jan 2018 12:37

genome
TBM
Royalwaster
Think of him as a Billy Sharp kind of player .... he was a bit sh:t for us, but has done very well pretty much everywhere else he's been.

Same with Glenn Murray

Murray was decent for us. 8 goals in 18 appearances.

:oops: i didn't see the part when he said sharp was shit for us.

I was using Murray as an example of someone, despite his age and experience, was a good signing and has been for Brighton even this season

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 18 Jan 2018 13:10

Norfolk Royal
Coppells Lost Coat
Norfolk Royal

If he scores ten goals, saves us from relegation, then personally delivers free Easter eggs to sick kids at the Royal Berks Hospital I'll be the first to hold my hands up and say I was wrong.

What if he charges for the easter eggs?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Jan 2018 13:39

No problem with this signing. Good player with proven record at this level and is just what Stam needs to plug the gap at left back, in midfield or on the bench

Wonder if it will happen at all or it's all no more than Reading enquiring about availability, realising he can score goals and then giving up so they can sign the latest useless youngster from some European league.

And now Sunderland are talking to him anyway so that's probably that.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jan 2018 13:58

Sutekh
Wonder if it will happen at all or it's all no more than Reading enquiring about availability, realising he can score goals and then giving up so they can sign the latest useless youngster from some European league.

you do write some nonsense sometimes

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Jan 2018 14:40

Apparently Sunderland want him too.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 18 Jan 2018 15:04

With Naismith in addition to Jerome now out of Norwich wouldnt be a surprise to see Martin returning there..

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Jan 2018 15:16

Hound
Sutekh

you do write some nonsense sometimes

He certainly likes to take the defeatist/cynical option as soon as he can

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 18 Jan 2018 15:23

DOYLERSAROYALER With Naismith in addition to Jerome now out of Norwich wouldnt be a surprise to see Martin returning there..

Would make sense, but you'd have thought they'd have done a swap deal in that case (Derby already having done a swap deal in the summer). I think Farke is a bit particular about his strikers.

Mr Sitter

by Mr Sitter » 18 Jan 2018 18:04

Too many other clubs interested in him for us to secure him in our current position I fear and the same goes for any other proven striker.

I hope I'm wrong but fear we will end up with an inexperienced lad on loan from a Premier League club.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 18 Jan 2018 21:21

So basically are are dithering, again, and at this point it looks like we'll be pipped by Sunderland? My blood is starting to boil at the prospect of another transfer window where we leave things to the last minute and come up with some ridiculous excuse along the lines of " no one available, too expensive, doesn't fit what we are looking for,etc" get someone in, stop leaving it until the last minute.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Jan 2018 22:32

We have seemingly lost out to Sunderland. Gourlay and Tevreden probably pissing about playing hardball over his wages. We should have been working on loan deals all throughout December and getting out business done early.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 18 Jan 2018 22:54

FiNeRaIn So basically are are dithering, again, and at this point it looks like we'll be pipped by Sunderland? My blood is starting to boil at the prospect of another transfer window where we leave things to the last minute and come up with some ridiculous excuse along the lines of " no one available, too expensive, doesn't fit what we are looking for,etc" get someone in, stop leaving it until the last minute.

Think I've moved from blood boiling to whatever the biological comparison with Indifference is

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Jan 2018 23:18

We can't even get Chris Martin. Who by all accounts is a pain in the arse. I'm not calling shambles just yet.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Jan 2018 08:38

Let's not panic until the window shuts and once again Reading will have done sod all about a striker but more than likely will have got another midfielder in.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Jan 2018 08:46

Well Sunderland probably have more money than us (parachute payments) so I imagine they have just come in and offered the exact amount Derby want.

Alan Nixon said we were negotiating with them over wages, so Sunderland have probably offered 100%.

@reluctantnicko
Sunderland trying hard for Chris Martin. Need him more than Reading. Could get done today.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Jan 2018 08:51

genome Well Sunderland probably have more money than us (parachute payments) so I imagine they have just come in and offered the exact amount Derby want.

Alan Nixon said we were negotiating with them over wages, so Sunderland have probably offered 100%.

@reluctantnicko
Sunderland trying hard for Chris Martin. Need him more than Reading. Could get done today.

But would you not agree it is silly of the club to let it drag on this long? Surely we could have wrapped this up in late December ready for January 1st. I am not devestated that we haven't got the player I am more annoyed that it would appear we have not got it done early allwoing another club to come in.

310 posts