CONFIMRED - Chris Martin (loan)

310 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CONFIMRED - Chris Martin (loan)

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Feb 2018 18:37

RoyalBlue
NewCorkSeth
Wycombe Royal As far as I am aware it is a rule in the Premier League, but it is NOT a rule the Football League. For us it is just part of the loan agreement.

Obviously I stand to be corrected if that is not the case.......

Luckily nobody on here is actually going to look it up so we can all live happily never knowing.

That's where you are wrong! :wink:

52.7 During the period of any Temporary Loan Transfer, a Player shall not play against his Transferor Club without the prior written permission of the Transferor Club (which, if given, must be indicated on the appropriate Temporary Loan Transfer form).

Taken from the EFL Official Website. Actually, the bit on transfers is quite interesting, including the money taken by the EFL as part of the transactions.

So it's not against the rules* to play against your parent club, if they give express consent, according to that. I certainly remember plenty of cases (probably a few years ago now) of players playing against their main club... though perhaps more in the cup than League.

*laws

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Feb 2018 19:00

NewCorkSeth
RoyalBlue
NewCorkSeth Luckily nobody on here is actually going to look it up so we can all live happily never knowing.

That's where you are wrong! :wink:

52.7 During the period of any Temporary Loan Transfer, a Player shall not play against his Transferor Club without the prior written permission of the Transferor Club (which, if given, must be indicated on the appropriate Temporary Loan Transfer form).

Taken from the EFL Official Website. Actually, the bit on transfers is quite interesting, including the money taken by the EFL as part of the transactions.

Why did they feel the need to include the word temporary? Is there a permanent loan system?

No, but there is a 'standard loan'. It looks like Martin's loan is a standard loan (these are for a half or full season between two transfer windows) but it seems standard loans are governed by all the temporary loan rules plus more. So he could still play against Derby had the clubs agreed. It would also seem that in theory and by agreement he can still play non-first team games for Derby!

From what I can make out, temporary loans can be for any period up to one season so can end, but not start, between windows.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 01 Feb 2018 21:44

He could play against my kids team and he still wouldn't score.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 01 Feb 2018 22:04

Anybody know if there is an option to buy with Martin and Elphick?

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 02 Feb 2018 02:43

FWIW my fanatical Fulham-supporting mate reckons we have done good business to secure Martin (who did well at Fulham). However, like any other striker, he will need chances to be made for him. If we can't create those chances he can't score them even though he has the knack of being in the right position in front of goal when needed. Time will tell but it is an optimistic signing! On the other hand - it's the hope that kills you!!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Feb 2018 09:19

linkenholtroyal Anybody know if there is an option to buy with Martin and Elphick?

I'm not sure about options but I think we will probably try to buy Elphick in the summer (depending on how he does). Martin will probably cost too much money.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Feb 2018 09:20

genome
linkenholtroyal Anybody know if there is an option to buy with Martin and Elphick?

Martin will probably cost too much money.

Just like any reasonably proven striker then.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Feb 2018 09:22

genome

I'm not sure about options but I think we will probably try to buy Elphick in the summer (depending on how he does). Martin will probably cost too much money.

Can definitely see McShane making way for Elphick in the summer.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Feb 2018 09:27

Old Man Andrews
genome

Can definitely see McShane making way for Elphick in the summer.

hopefully

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 03 Feb 2018 09:15

Very happy we managed to finalise this deal.

CM has an attitude in his play and a presence and I think that is what we need.

If he ain't getting the service, he'll be letting Aluko, Barrow, Kelly etc know.

Communication at that end of the pitch has been a problem for us but I'm hoping that the win at Burton and transfers in / out of the club can shake things in to action a bit now.

We havent much to ask of CM anyway; a few goals from 16 games and he will have done well.

310 posts